Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Florida
THOR #19084
Sirius

Thought I would share this...once I stopped laughing. We love our new JM31 Quantum and only have two issues (so far). Ice maker doesn’t work and no Sirius on the radio. I did the usual refresh the signal, talked with their rep a couple of times, still only see the radio ID, no ad channel, etc. DW keeps bugging, so today I was determined to figure it out. Removed the tunnel cover and accessed the back of the radio and SXV300 tuner. It was plugged in to the radio, and the antenna wire was also plugged in. Climbed on the roof and found the antenna...looked good. Went back to the radio and followed the antenna wire from the tuner, behind the glove box, and down to the curbside step well next to the passenger seat. Removed the plastic well cover and...there she was! Too funny. Hoping to find where the antenna wire from the antenna terminates and hopefully just plug it in. I’m thinking the rear “B” pillar, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Still digging the MH...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2449.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	24960

Old 07-21-2020, 04:53 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Thanks for posting your issue, since many times there are more coming off the assembly line with the same problem, that owners have not yet discovered. If you find the mating antenna cable end connector please post and let the Forum know where you found it.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #3

THOR #19084
Absolutely...thanks javelin. Still searching for it...meanwhile I purchased an antenna from Best Buy for 29 bucks, put it on the hood in the center front, ran the antenna wire through an existing firewall pass through and we are on the road with Sirius working great. DW is serious about her Sirius...
Old 08-05-2020, 11:05 PM   #4

THOR #19084
Update

Found that sucker! Hiding behind the awning wires...it went into the roof, came out the top side, ran down the awning channel and then back in near the bottom. The bad news? It ran a couple feet under the MH and then was cut and tied off near the frame. HA! So I cut the antenna wire I bought from Best Buy, spliced it to the original that I found, ran it under and up through an existing hole in the passenger step well, behind the glove box and plugged it into the tuner. Works great and doesn’t drop out (being on the roof really helps). I really don’t think the wire in the first pic even belonged to the tuner...Oh well...everyone is happy now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5A8173BD-549F-4C8D-940E-D4524CB2CC3C.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	25408   Click image for larger version

Name:	D43EE896-B16D-4855-9A9B-5A0CFB4C4C72.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	25409