Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2021, 09:14 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni SV34
State: California
THOR #20781
Sv34

Just got mine back from the dealer after a long list things that needed attention and fixing. Wanted to detail the interior so I got ready to extend the slide. While the jacks were working I saw it started flickering and noticed I had low voltage. Still seemed to work so I started the generator. Slide went out fine, until I went to put it back in. For some reason it would stop in the middle. After going in and out repeatedly and making sure I wasn’t getting a code in the module I decided to reset the jacks with the slide still out. It was scary to say the least but the MH re centered itself and the slide went in without a problem.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:55 AM   #22

Model: Thor freedom elite 30fe
State: Arizona
THOR #14244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova350 View Post
2020 Thor Omni
Neither slide will extend
Engine on
Brake set
Jacked and leveled
Nothing
Turn your engine off and try it
Old 01-24-2021, 05:01 AM   #23

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahood View Post
Turn your engine off and try it
The omni/magnitude require the engine to be running for the slides and jacks.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #24

Model: Omni SV34
THOR #20781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
When my SV34 was at the Thor Service Center two months ago, the rear slide motor failed when they were doing other work for me. They replaced it but I ordered a spare to carry on Amazon (price already went up $10 since I bought it November).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My slide was giving me no problems so it was worrisome it just failed without warning. It does not look too difficult to replace but...... it can take four or 5 people to manually push it partially open or closed to get access to swap it out. It is a very big and heavy slide.
Judge do you know the part number of the slide motors? The Amazon link doesn’t work for me...
Old 03-07-2021, 10:02 PM   #25

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
Judge do you know the part number of the slide motors? The Amazon link doesn’t work for me...
The amazon link worked for me. Here's what it pointed to:
Lippert Components 287298 500:1 Motor - High Torque
Old 03-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #26
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
When my SV34 was at the Thor Service Center two months ago, the rear slide motor failed when they were doing other work for me. They replaced it but I ordered a spare to carry on Amazon (price already went up $10 since I bought it November).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My slide was giving me no problems so it was worrisome it just failed without warning. It does not look too difficult to replace but...... it can take four or 5 people to manually push it partially open or closed to get access to swap it out. It is a very big and heavy slide.
Before you order a spare, make sure you are getting the correct one. There are two versions of the same motor. One with a black cap and one with a clear/beige cap. They are two ratios. Black is 300:1 and the clear/beige cap is 500:1.
Pull back the rubber seal to see which one you have. Check for the part number while your at it.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:45 PM   #27

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Before you order a spare, make sure you are getting the correct one. There are two versions of the same motor. One with a black cap and one with a clear/beige cap. They are two ratios. Black is 300:1 and the clear/beige cap is 500:1.
Pull back the rubber seal to see which one you have. Check for the part number while your at it.
Yes.... all the large slides are 500:1 and that is what I ordered.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #28

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianm View Post

Lippert Components p/n 287298 500:1 Motor - High Torque
Old 03-11-2021, 11:41 PM   #29

Model: Omni
THOR #22133
As I think ahead, if we were on a trip and couldn't get the slide to close, what options would I have in order to get my family home? Call Triple A, are there mobile RV mechanics near most campgrounds etc.?
Old 03-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #30

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party of 5 View Post
As I think ahead, if we were on a trip and couldn't get the slide to close, what options would I have in order to get my family home? Call Triple A, are there mobile RV mechanics near most campgrounds etc.?
I have AAA RV Coverage and while they would tow me if needed or change a tire, they are not going to deal with a slide issue.

Popular camping areas sometimes have mobile RV services around but not all areas or campgrounds will.

If you had an issue with a full wall slide that would not retract, you will need to unhook both slide motors by removing the set screws and you will need at least 4 or 5 people to push it back in. The you will need to reinstall the motors so they lock it in place.

I highly recommend that anyone with a full wall slide invest in a set of slide locks. While the slide motors are desgned to be brakes and lock the slide in place, the slide is big and heavy. When you are going around a right-hand turn or curve that slide is putting a tremendous amount of force on the motors, which I do not think is a good thing.

When we break camp and retract the slide, I install a slide lock in the front and another one in the rear of the slide to make sure the weight of the wall is not stressing the motors when going around curves, etc when driving.