Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2021, 12:20 AM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
They would get an excess slope error using leveling jacks.
The cartoonist didn't include that feature...

Old 04-21-2021, 12:40 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hydraulic levelling systems can be an expensive item to add on to the coach. If this is your first coach you might want to wait to see if they are something needed and if you plan on keeping the coach long term. My first coach I did not have levelers or stabilizers. 1 1/2 years later we traded it in for a larger coach and it came with electric stabilizers. They worked ok for a while and then we decided to install hydraulic levelers since we were keeping this one for more time. We have had this coach for over 3 years now.

Paul
Old 04-21-2021, 12:44 AM   #23

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Great advice so far. I would agree to try the inexpensive way first. Leveler systems are a major expense that you won't get back when you sell. So you want to be sure it's a rig you want to own for awhile.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:59 AM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Hey age is just a number and leveling keeps us young..we are moving our bodies
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:02 AM   #25
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Great advice so far. I would agree to try the inexpensive way first. Leveler systems are a major expense that you won't get back when you sell. So you want to be sure it's a rig you want to own for awhile.
The flip side of that is if levelers were an option and not purchased you will take a hit at trade in for not having them. I learned that with a SunSeeker when we bought one that was not Full Body Paint and did not have the Leveler option.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:37 AM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The flip side of that is if levelers were an option and not purchased you will take a hit at trade in for not having them. I learned that with a SunSeeker when we bought one that was not Full Body Paint and did not have the Leveler option.
So you can pay for them now...
Or pay for them later...
Old 04-21-2021, 01:47 AM   #27

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I think it greatly depends on the places you go. I really wanted them when we bought our rig, and seriously considered adding them to the coach when we found one without.

Eventually came to realize that I really don't need them....and I seriously don't need to add the weight to an already heavy c. Your 28 probably isn't as overloaded as mine, but it's probably not far under...

I cut up some 2x6 boards and have been carting them around for years....only used I think twice...and even then I probably could have gotten by without. My area is mostly flat lands but we do have some hilly areas and I've traveled to the smokey mountains a few times.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:52 AM   #28
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
We have the 28Z (30 Foot) We bought it 2 years ago and have the electric rear stabilizers. ( never used them) The suspension is so heavy, I never really feel any much movement.
My suggestion is to look into the Levelmate Pro. Without Auto levelers, it makes it very easy to get level without the guessing on how much each tire needs.
Once you do the initial setup, you just turn it on through an app on your phone and it will tell you exactly how much you need to raise each tire.

We now have the Bigfoot Leveling system installed. We still use the Levelmate Pro to make sure it's level and to make fine adjustments if necessary.
Yes, you can use a level but this makes it very easy. Here is a link to a YouTube describing it.
The reason we ended up with the auto leveling system was that my wife is starting to go out with (The Girls) on camping trips and wanted to make it easier for her.

And Yes, you can use a bubble level but depending on how much you move around, that gets real old real fast. IMHO.

https://youtu.be/dnH3ZQEEyWY

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01FGGSW...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-24-2021, 08:42 PM   #29

THOR #3394
Manual Stabilizers

I like the idea of manual stabilizers because they are cost efficient, easy to install in a fraction of the time and cost vs. hydraulic systems. Bought me a used set from a 30ft Class C to use on my Vegas. Unfortunately with the rear generator there is no way to mount them. Anybody interessted in? I can send pictures.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:45 PM   #30
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Hey age is just a number and leveling keeps us young..we are moving our bodies
Spoken by a person blessed with young knees...
Old 04-24-2021, 08:56 PM   #31
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renarg View Post
I like the idea of manual stabilizers because they are cost efficient, easy to install in a fraction of the time and cost vs. hydraulic systems. Bought me a used set from a 30ft Class C to use on my Vegas. Unfortunately with the rear generator there is no way to mount them. Anybody interested in? I can send pictures.
Apples and oranges. Stabilizers DO NOT level, just stabilizer AFTER you level your rig. Hydraulic levelers do both.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:22 PM   #32

Model: 2021 Freedom Elite 24FE
THOR #21070
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
We chose not to install auto levelers in favor of legos and level mate. Works great.

We will be installing stabilizers though. The coach moves around too much for our liking.
I'm guessing that your 30FE is on a Sprinter chassis. That being the case, where/who do you plan to have your stabilizers installed? I have a 24FE that came with two electric stabilizers in the rear and I also use a level-mate with legos. However, I would love to have the equalizer levelers installed, but my understanding is that there are things to be considered when installing on a Mercedes Sprinter, and there are specialized shops to do so.
Old 04-25-2021, 01:33 AM   #33

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Bigfoot has systems for the Sprinter chassis:
https://www.shop.thebigfootleveler.c...ss-C-B_c45.htm
Old 04-25-2021, 01:42 AM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
Bigfoot has systems for the Sprinter chassis:
https://www.shop.thebigfootleveler.c...ss-C-B_c45.htm
So does Equalizer. I've got their system and it works great!
Old 04-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #35

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
I too have the equalizers. Which ever system you decide to purchase, they all have the same common issue. They must be bolted onto the frame with no welding allowed per Mercedes Benz. Another tip is to check them annually to be sure the mounting bracket bolts are tight. They tend to loosen up over time(at least mine did).

Paul
Old 04-25-2021, 02:14 PM   #36

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
When you reach a certain age crawling around putting boards or leggos down to level just doesn't make it anymore.
I have reached that age...
BINGO !!!

Levelers were on my "Bucket List"
That is...I didn't want to be lying on my death bed wishing that I had added levelers to my last rig

Besides...Levelers are like crunchy peanut butter, once you try it you'll never go back

I've got HWH straight acting jacks with a joystick controller
Old 04-25-2021, 02:29 PM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I thought they were more like maple-cured bacon...
Old 04-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #38

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
I fitted 2x 2000lb Camco wind down scissor jacks to the chassis of our 15' Vegas, they work very well at both stabilising and, to some extent, levelling. We had bigger RV's with hydraulic levelling and really missed it, I find them enough as the front always sits a little lower than the rear and, where I have them can even lift the whole side a little. They're fitted about 2ft back from the front wheels.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:59 PM   #39

State: Alabama
THOR #22687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Spoken by a person blessed with young knees...
Old 05-11-2021, 04:58 AM   #40

Model: 2015 Citation 24ST
State: Idaho
THOR #21855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I use a leveling app in my phone to double-check things...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1618939958
Hi Bob, could you share what leveling app this is? We are just now trying out our RV and still use a small handheld level.