Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2021, 02:32 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni sv34
State: Minnesota
THOR #20471
We have a 2021 omni sv34.

We really like the Ford 550 chassis, 4x4 with the 6.7 powerstroke.

A few things needed the be fixed, Camping World in Monticello took care of them. There was an issue with the DEF fill.
Thor sent us to a bus company to make the neccessary modifications.
We are really enjoying this RV

Old 02-28-2021, 10:29 PM   #42

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
My family has outgrown our travel trailer. We're also looking to move out West for a career change, and all our family is local to Atlanta, so we're looking into updating from a tow rig to a motorized rig to make the twice-a-year trip home to see the family easier on everyone, and open us up to travel freely for fun all over the West.

Since we're a family, we only looked at bunkhouse rigs. We really like the bunkhouse layout on our travel trailer - everyone gets their own space and privacy - and it is the most strict requirement for us.

We have eliminated:
  • Class As - the driver seat is the crumple zone. I've never caused an accident, but have been in over a dozen caused by other people. I'm not willing to roll the dice on safety.
  • Class Bs - they're too small for us, two kids, and two dogs, and all our cargo.
  • Class Cs - the lack of tow and carry capacity on the usual E chassis would severely restrict what we can pack.
That leaves the Super C. Our current rig is a lifted Tacoma and a lifted travel trailer (Wolf Pup 16BHS). We do some dirt or gravel roads, and out west I foresee that being even more common, so 4x4 is a huge plus. That said, we'd still be able to do 70%+ of what I'd expect us to do just fine without a 4x4. We looked into 4x4 Super Cs first.

4x4 Super C Comparison:
  • Nexus Rebel 35R - We looked at one of these in-person and were VERY disappointed at the build quality. Everything was cheaply nailed together with gaps in trim and molding that are entirely inappropriate for a model in this price range. Nexus always talks up their welded 2" steel walls vacuum formed around Azdel. Their construction is inherently flawed though - the base of their walls below the exterior storage has bare plywood ends showing to the road! Finally, the outside storage is borderline unusable, as the doors flip up and are ridiculously low to the ground. On the plus side, the storage is absolutely huge - only beaten by the 2wd Cs on semi chassis (more on them later). We didn't even bother doing a test drive. The Rebel has an outdoor kitchen option... but it's not well put together from what I can see online. The unit we looked at didn't have one.
  • Dynamax Isata 5 - They had no bunkhouse option, so this eliminated it as an option for us. With that said, the Isata is comparable in build quality to the Magnitude / Omni. It seemed far more well-built than the Rebel, but still isn't perfect. The test drive was fine - it handled like my Tacoma does and was surprisingly nimble. The Isatas all do not have any laundry options, and there's no place to easily add laundry anywhere.
  • Thor Magnitude / Omni BB35 - Same build quality as the Isata - which is nice, but not perfect. The BB has 1.5 baths. To us, the extra 0.5 bath is wasted space. The kitchen had very little space. The drive was great. It's quieter than my Tacoma and more comfortable than my Tacoma.
  • Thor Magnitude / Omni RB34 - Same build quality as the BB35, but has a way better kitchen with a phenomenal pantry AND laundry hookups. The RB34 also has an outdoor kitchen, which is a nice convenience. We're getting the RB34. A few things that set the BB35 and RB34 apart from the competition (these were common on both rigs):
    • The huge cabover is amazing. The bed is bigger than the competition, there's more headspace, and the window is beautiful. The boys liked looking out it while driving, and I can see us stargazing or watching the sunset from there.
    • There is a LATCH connection for a baby seat in the dinette... I'm good with two kiddos, but my wife wants a third. Having the space to hook up a baby seat safely is a big plus.
    • The kitchen and pantry in the RB34 is awesome - far better than any of the other options in this category.
My wife's a good realist, and had us look at a few 2wd Super Cs for comparison. Each of the below options is $40-$80k more than the RB34 we're buying, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.

Before jumping into these, keep in mind they're all true Super-Cs. That extra $30-50k gets you essentially a semi truck chassis. When you're driving the Magnitude, you're sitting a foot lower than one of these... But you have to go to a semi truck facility for service on these at a much higher cost, whereas the Isata or Magnitude/Omni can go to literally any Dodge or Ford dealership, respectively. It's also a LOT easier to DIY work on a smaller 550 than one of these.

2wd Super C bunkhouse comparison:
  • Jayco Seneca 37L - This is the only Jayco SuperC in a bunkhouse configuration. We actually looked at two of them. The first was already sold, and the second had just been traded in. The second was traded in because the owners were downsizing to "a smaller unit with more usable space." The 37L is big. Really big. With 3 slideouts on opposing sides, the middle has easily 8' of just... space... when the slides are all out. That space is nice, but isn't usable for much of anything. The under-cabin storage was phenomenal, and the build quality was the best of any rig we looked at. The Freightliner engine was noisy compared to the Magnitude. Having the built-in laundry with a stacked unit was really nice, and the kitchen had more counter space than I'd ever use. Ironically, the new / sold unit was going for $189k, and the dealer with the used trade-in wouldn't take a penny below $205k. These were still in our price range, but didn't get any added value from the extra space, and the nicer build quality wasn't worth an additional $50k to us.
  • Dynamax 37BD - Similar layout to the Seneca, but with much less space since it only had 2 slideouts. The build quality was a bit less than the Seneca, but the price was $20k higher. Everything else was very similar... So why would anyone buy one of these over the Jayco? The Force HD and Dynaquest XL were even more expensive, so we didn't bother to even look.
  • Nexus Triumph 35TSC, Wraith 35W, Ghost 36DS - We couldn't find a bunkhouse Triumph or Wraith within 4 hours of Atlanta. That said, we didn't look very hard either after how crappy the Rebel was. The Ghost 36DS is out of our price range, it looks like they usually sell for over $220k.
  • Entegra Accolade / XL - Not available in bunkhouse.
  • Newmar / Renegade - Way outside our price range ($300k+).

All that said - we are planning on buying a Thor RB34. I think it's the best Super C on the market right now for a family looking for a bunkhouse. Am I missing any options to consider?
You should be very happy with the new RB34. I have the XG32 and have had few small issues, but on my 3rd new rv (trailers before) and this had much less wrong than any of those. The RV's have so many systems in them you can be realistic and deal with the break-in stuff. Having read some other forums they are all similar. So enjoy yours. I get a realistic 9.5MPG and I drive about 75 most of the time on the freeways out here in the Mountain States. If i get on slower highways (under 65) my mileage will get about 10. It doesn't seem to matter if I pull the toad or not.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:56 AM   #43

Model: RB34
State: New Mexico
THOR #21936
Talking RB34 first trip

We just got back from our first trip. Wow, what an awesome rig. The Magnitude RB34 exceeded almost all expectations, with notable exceptions.

We drove from Georgia to go explore out West in New Mexico where the job opportunity I mentioned in my first post is at. We hit a bunch of state and national parks in between, racking up over 3600 miles in 8 days.

The good:
  • Camper Build - All the cabinets, bunks, everything were well put together and stayed together or closed through lots of terrain, including driving through Memphis. Most gravel roads are smoother with less potholes than 78. It's all quality. My only complaint is the flooring - it's not durable enough and will be a problem in a few years (we already have one small tear).
  • Expandability - The full wall slide is amazing and gives us room for the whole family to be comfortable, including our two dogs and cat. With the slides in, we had no issue sleeping at night at truck stops - everything is still reachable with the exception of a couple of small drawers in the main bedroom.
  • Features - We used laundry every other day. I installed it myself and added a vent, and it works great. The huge fridge was AWESOME - we only went to the grocery once and still had food left at the end. The heat worked great and kept us cold in below-freezing nights (3 total)... We only used 10% of the overall propane capacity the whole trip. The self-leveling made setting up camp FAST. The instant hot water heater worked great - I thought I wouldn't like it, but after using it, I actually prefer it over a tank heater. We didn't even get to enjoy the outdoor kitchen or awning with builtin lights because we were on the move so much - maybe next trip. Still they're great features and were selling points.
  • Systems Build -All the systems in the camper worked well and were reliable. That's saying a lot considering how much technology and integration went into this thing. The only thing we couldn't use was the generator due to an issue with the seals (see The Bad: Poor seals).
  • Self-Sustaining - We boondocked frequently along the way and never had any concern about power - surprising given we didn't use the generator. The single solar was very effective at keeping the batteries full during the day.
  • Capacity - We never ran out of water, but did fill the grey tank when we did laundry. Related, the tanks are easy to dump and the built-in black tank flush saved me from snaking out poo mountain literally twice (I don't know how I lived without a black flush on the last rig).
  • Driveability - The F550 is built to haul. It had gobs of power and was easy to drive. It's just like a really big, really long pickup truck. With 60 gallons worth of tank full (20 up front, 40 in the back), it can go more miles than I'm able to sit without needing a bio break. My longest driving stretch was on our longest mile day, when I drove for just over 8 hours straight. I think we had around a quarter tank left at that point.
  • MPG - We got 10.2mpg total over the trip - this includes over 1000 miles in 80mph Texas freeway. We kept at ~2mph over the speed limit the whole trip. Our worst fill-up was just under 9mpg when we were driving into a headwind for a whole tank at 82mph or so. The best tank was just under 12mpg near the end when we hit some construction in AL and TN, where we were stuck around 65mph for a few hundred miles.
The Bad:
  • GROUND CLEARANCE - I identified this early on, but it is really BAD. I hit the generator exhaust 3 times and destroyed the step already. Luckily when the step got smashed nothing else got damaged and it came off with 4 bolts. I also dragged the front bumper once. Thor won't fix this - so I'm just going to have to lift a brand new camper. This may not be a problem if you can hover over large potholes, teleport over speed bumps, and never need to cross railroad tracks. Otherwise, expect to hit the generator exhaust at the very least.
  • Poor seals - There's a gap between the cab and the house. The gap is about an eighth of an inch wide and 2 feet long on either side underneath the trim behind the seats. This gap causes a draft in the cab and allows generator exhaust in the cab, so we couldn't use the generator. This is a safety issue, and is still not fixed. I will have to fix it myself.
  • Poor seals (2) - Water dripped from the front of the closed slider, pooling behind the driver seat, while driving through a light rain. The next morning, both boys woke us up early because their mattresses were absolutely soaked through from water dripping from where the wall meets the ceiling in the bunks. I couldn't find the leak, so I drove to a dealer and demanded immediate service - they sealed up a joint that wasn't sealed over the slider, allowing water in the cab. I REALLY hope that fixes the issue, but haven't had it in the rain since.
  • Hot water in shower - Starting the 2nd day, the hot water heater would not turn with the shower. I drove out of the way to a service center and had a polite but firm talk with the service manager - who insisted it was normal to have to run the sink in the bathroom on trickle when showering. I had him take me to the faucets they had in stock and insisted he give me one with a split hot and cold control instead of a single faucet control... Despite him insisting it wouldn't fix it, he agreed to pass it on as a warranty claim if it was fixed. I swapped it in 5 minutes with him watching. To his surprise it fixed the issue.
Misc Non- Magnitude RB34 Complaint:

• Service - I identified the first seal issue before the trip and called Thor. They gave me 3 dealers within 2 hours of Atlanta. One didn't answer or call back. One said they don't service Thor any more. The last one said the easiest they could do warranty service is May (it's Feb if anyone's reading this in the future). That's insane given exhaust coming into the cab is a safety hazard.

All in all, the first trip was a lot of fun despite some challenges. Our two boys enjoyed every second of it and keep asking when we're going out again. I look forward to years of enjoyment out of this camper.

Off-topic - I may not reply to this thread for a bit. I mentioned in the original post we got this camper for potentially moving West. This first trip included a trip to the town in New Mexico with the job opportunity. The prospective employer heard I was coming by on my own dime to check out the town and insisted on meeting in-person with me and my wife. I had a formal job offer over my asked salary the day after we met, and my wife got a verbal offer with the promise her job would be posted soon. Apparently we made a good impression. So we're packing and listing our house, and headed West in the next two months. I'll come back around summer - hopefully with a good update on my rb34 getting a lift, rerouted generator exhaust, sealed cab, and a new home in New Mexico.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:12 PM   #44

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: New Jersey
THOR #21905
Quote:
.........[*]GROUND CLEARANCE - I identified this early on, but it is really BAD. I hit the generator exhaust 3 times and destroyed the step already. Luckily when the step got smashed nothing else got damaged and it came off with 4 bolts. I also dragged the front bumper once. Thor won't fix this - so I'm just going to have to lift a brand new camper. This may not be a problem if you can hover over large potholes, teleport over speed bumps, and never need to cross railroad tracks. Otherwise, expect to hit the generator exhaust at the very least. .........
CONGRATS ON THE NEW HOME/JOB, Best of luck to you and your' family !....

I've been looking in ref' to lifts, and although there are a lot out, very few for this size vehicle/chassis... Most of the RV lifts are only for the E-series, not he F'... The only possible one I found thus far is DBL', so you might try to contact them for info' [edit: I did send them an email this morning]....

https://www.dbldesign.com/suspension

I am looking forward to any updates you may have on the rig' and servicing...
Old 03-05-2021, 06:56 PM   #45

THOR #21905
Quote:
.......on my rb34 getting a lift....
I received a reply from DBLDesign with a price sheet for a complete alteration.. $9,815.24 total (more so for the F550 truck then RV)... I'm only interested in a little more height, and although I prefer 4" lift more, the 2.5" (20% increase over stock height) is pretty cheap deal (see below) with the added benefit of better shocks for the ride... $858 lift plus $662 fox shocks...

F550 Chassis:
Lift Kit - Front 2.5" Front Lift Kit, Panhard bar drop bracket, machined aluminum coil spring spacers, and angle adjustment shims - $480.00.
Lift Kit - Rear Lift Kit Rear, Includes 2.5" angle adjusting lift block, u-bolts, and driveshaft alignment shims - $378.00.
Fox Shocks - Front - Set of Two F550 FOX Shocks - Specifically made for the 2.5" lifted F550 application- Front set of 2 - $331.00.
Fox Shocks - Rear - Set of Two F550 FOX Shocks - Specifically made for the 2.5" lifted F550 application- Rear set of 2 - $331.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLDesign
F550/F450 SUPER SINGLE SUSPENSION
OUR LIFT KIT:
Our suspension lift system for the F550/F450 is a 2.5" front and rear complete reconfiguration. Because the lift changes the geometry of the suspension, we have taken care to ensure that every element of the suspension meets or exceeds factory quality.

The suspension starts with a solid foundation of upgraded FOX shocks, capable of supporting up to 20,000lbs. The lift involves a specially machined aluminum spacer that is both durable and light weight. The spacer design is so important because it keeps the spring in proper alignment. The spring correction shim ensures the front spring is traveling straight up and down. This keeps the spring from becoming a banana over several years.

RETAIN FACTORY GEOMETRY:
We also developed a pan hard bar adjustment bracket that moves the pan hard bar over and down the exact amount needed for the 2.5" lift so the axle is centered horizontally.

We reuse the factory brake lines, dropping them down for extended travel and ease of maintenance.

RIDE QUALITY IS A PRIORITY:
The castor correction bracket allows the truck to retain the factory 4.5° of castor and gives the truck the freedom to go down the freeway with absolutely no issues, wander, or vibration.

Our rear suspension has solid steel blocks that are machined precisely for the correct pinion angle on the driveshaft. We also install drive shaft drop brackets so there is no drive-line vibration.

A sway bar drop bracket bolts on so the sway bar stays level with the truck for maximum functionality. The U-bolts are specific to the chassis and are heavier and stronger than factory U-bolts at the exact length needed.

CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS:
We recommend a 2.5" lift kit for the F550/F450 series trucks so the tire clears the cab in all circumstances. Without it, there could be contact with the cab under heavy use.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:03 PM   #46

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandi View Post
I received a reply from DBLDesign with a price sheet for a complete alteration.. $9,815.24 total (more so for the F550 truck then RV)... I'm only interested in a little more height, and although I prefer 4" lift more, the 2.5" (20% increase over stock height) is pretty cheap deal (see below) with the added benefit of better shocks for the ride... $858 lift plus $662 fox shocks...

F550 Chassis:
Lift Kit - Front 2.5" Front Lift Kit, Panhard bar drop bracket, machined aluminum coil spring spacers, and angle adjustment shims - $480.00.
Lift Kit - Rear Lift Kit Rear, Includes 2.5" angle adjusting lift block, u-bolts, and driveshaft alignment shims - $378.00.
Fox Shocks - Front - Set of Two F550 FOX Shocks - Specifically made for the 2.5" lifted F550 application- Front set of 2 - $331.00.
Fox Shocks - Rear - Set of Two F550 FOX Shocks - Specifically made for the 2.5" lifted F550 application- Rear set of 2 - $331.00.
This is interesting..... Please let us know if you go this route and how it works out!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:15 PM   #47

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
[*]Poor seals - There's a gap between the cab and the house. The gap is about an eighth of an inch wide and 2 feet long on either side underneath the trim behind the seats. This gap causes a draft in the cab and allows generator exhaust in the cab, so we couldn't use the generator. This is a safety issue, and is still not fixed. I will have to fix it myself.
Be advised.... many of us with the Omni / Magnitude (and the previsous Super C line) have had issues wth the front cap / cab over mounting to the house. After a few thousand miles of driving and leveling the flexing cause the trim around the front cap to move as screws break or fall out.

Hopefully this has been fixed by now but Thor has been using screws that are too small, too short and not enough of them. I had to have my 2020 Magnitude SV34 fixed at the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa.

They also fixed the sealing with the cab and the house while they had it.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:51 PM   #48

THOR #21905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
This is interesting..... Please let us know if you go this route and how it works out!
Will do Judge'.... I end up lifting anything/everything I own at one point, been off-roading all my life since mom/pops took me when I was a little tyke'..

I wanted a 4" lift, but this might have to do for now as a start, but I can always use it as a pattern to start from and weld up some new parts... we will see... There are plenty of 4" rear block/shock kits out there, just the front setup is the harder one due to all the components involved...

There are 3 or so shops (like Weldtecdesigns & Ujointoffroad) putting out 4" to 6" lifts for the E-series Class C's, like I said thooo just dang' hard finding anything like this 2.5" F550 front setup...

NOW if my 2022 RB34 ever gets a hard delivery date (July?), I'll be able to start the fun' and purchase the lift (fat lady needs to sing first) !...
Old 12-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #49

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #22705
Thanks for all the input in this thread.

We are currently in a 2019 Thor Outlaw 29J (E450 based toyhauler) and we are looking to make the move to a Seneca 37L.

Looks like the Seneca will work great for us as soon as I figure out which hitch platform to buy between the RV and our Toad. Would really like to be able to bring 2 motocross bikes, or one street bike along. Having the Toyhauler has been awesome, just too small when we have our entire crew. (20 and 21 year old adult children join us occasionally.)
Old 12-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #50
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6inthefamily View Post
Thanks for all the input in this thread.

We are currently in a 2019 Thor Outlaw 29J (E450 based toyhauler) and we are looking to make the move to a Seneca 37L.

Looks like the Seneca will work great for us as soon as I figure out which hitch platform to buy between the RV and our Toad. Would really like to be able to bring 2 motocross bikes, or one street bike along. Having the Toyhauler has been awesome, just too small when we have our entire crew. (20 and 21 year old adult children join us occasionally.)
When you buy the Seneca take it for a test drive and if it pulls tell the dealer to get it aligned. Jayco will pay for the alignment is something is found during the test drive. After the test drive and purchase the alignment is on the owner.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the Seneca/Accolade platform. We’ve had our 37TS for over 2 years.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:42 PM   #51

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I too would be be very hesitant, but I've thought about this a bit.

I'm fairly sure but not totally sure that a small percentage of the total vehicle cost could be applied to making any suspension carry any amount you wanted to throw money at.

I know I have a radical attitude about the rv being just a kit and how we should finish it how WE like not how some wonk decided to do it to meet a price point.

I'm not sure an rv overweight+- when empty would worry me too much because I could change that limit to whatever I wanted.

I'd probably let the floor plan dictate because it has lots and lots of custom parts needed designed and executed.(floor plans are easy to change but I think suspension would be easier and already engineered)

What would worry me more is the dumbass designer who maxed it out and what other stupid half steps he might have taken.

Just how can you change the weight limit of a RV?
Old 01-06-2022, 03:58 AM   #52

Model: RS36
State: California
THOR #24133
I would also take a look at the renegade Valencia. It is on the same S2RV chassis. If you are looking new they are not much more than the Seneca. If you spend time at racetracks or motor cross events without hookups the 150 Fresh and 75/75 gray / black are so much better suited to longer stays off grid.

Eric
Old 01-06-2022, 02:24 PM   #53

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbenson View Post
I would also take a look at the renegade Valencia. It is on the same S2RV chassis. If you are looking new they are not much more than the Seneca. If you spend time at racetracks or motor cross events without hookups the 150 Fresh and 75/75 gray / black are so much better suited to longer stays off grid.

Eric
X2 that suggestion. For me I didn't want a 39' C and the Valencia has the 35MB which is 35'8". A bit longer than I initially was looking for but it works well. A note about pricing also, thor has the omni/magnitude models priced almost as much as the Valencia line. Considering the quality differences you can infer that thor makes a ton off each one or Renegade has them under priced.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 03:11 PM   #54

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
X2 that suggestion. For me I didn't want a 39' C and the Valencia has the 35MB which is 35'8". A bit longer than I initially was looking for but it works well. A note about pricing also, thor has the omni/magnitude models priced almost as much as the Valencia line. Considering the quality differences you can infer that thor makes a ton off each one or Renegade has them under priced.
I was online looking at SOB of Super C last night and Thor is out of their mind on pricing for the Omni/Mag, almost at $300k at best they are worth about $150k and that is being generous. These prices keep up next spring and I will look very hard at unloading the XG32 and getting something else. Luckily I purchased this one right in May of 2020 for a $137k so I should be able to make my money back and then some.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #55

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I was online looking at SOB of Super C last night and Thor is out of their mind on pricing for the Omni/Mag, almost at $300k at best they are worth about $150k and that is being generous. These prices keep up next spring and I will look very hard at unloading the XG32 and getting something else. Luckily I purchased this one right in May of 2020 for a $137k so I should be able to make my money back and then some.
Come on over to the "light side". Try it, you'll like it.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 01-06-2022, 08:24 PM   #56

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Come on over to the "light side". Try it, you'll like it.
I know I will like it on the other side, should of stuck with the Nexus but the wife liked the Thor color scheme better.
Will see what next year brings as far as sales and the economy. The only issue now is I have pretty much rebuilt this new coach and hopefully there are no more major Thor blunders and poor quality to jump up and bite me in the butt.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:40 PM   #57

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I know I will like it on the other side, should of stuck with the Nexus but the wife liked the Thor color scheme better.
Will see what next year brings as far as sales and the economy. The only issue now is I have pretty much rebuilt this new coach and hopefully there are no more major Thor blunders and poor quality to jump up and bite me in the butt.
I was researching Nexus, Dynamax and Renegade to replace the omni. I looked some new Nexus ghost/wraith and wasn't impressed. Also looked at a used 19 ghost and was further unimpressed. Rust along steps and mounting, flimsy compartment doors, cabinets MDF or ?? that was wrapped, not solid wood like even the omni. Crude in construction by comparison. Read on forums of poor quality from the factory that rivals Thor's products.

All, or most, of the new models will shine. It's looking at 2-3 year old ones that shows durability and supposed quality. Yours should shine also but it's also rebuilt better than from the factory. For me and you the question was "what next".
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 01-09-2022, 12:06 AM   #58

Model: RB34
State: New Mexico
THOR #21936
We're up to around 12k on our Magnitude. It's been great - we made the right decision.

We've had a few hiccups. Our RV had the issues in this thread: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...x-28874-9.html - instead of doing a full on kwpilot34 fix, I just peeled back the trim, sealed under the gap with sealant, then added thicker self-tapping screws twice as often from the factory. I then put the trim back on. You can't even tell I did it and it still is holding up great 4k miles later.

Our full wall slide is a pain in the butt. It only sometimes works and is obviously struggling. We will probably have to upgrade the slider like Judge did. Still to be determined.

This RV is great. With prices the way they are now, we are very lucky to have bought when we did, and I see us keeping this RV until our two boys are in college and we won't need bunks anymore.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:04 PM   #59

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus
THOR #29589
Is the nexus 35’ rebel 4x4 a real 4x4?
Old 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM   #60
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniela View Post
Is the nexus 35’ rebel 4x4 a real 4x4?
Check the specs with Nexus. This is the Thor forum.