Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2023, 11:28 AM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude RB34
State: New Jersey
THOR #21905
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniela View Post
Is the nexus 35’ rebel 4x4 a real 4x4?
Yes it is Daniela... A two speed transfer case for 4x4 mode, so 2High, 4High, and 4Low...

Here is a link to more chassis information

https://cumberland-companies.com/new...eries-is-here/

1999 Coachman TruckCamper 125
bandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:27 AM   #62

Model: RB34
State: New Mexico
THOR #21936
Talking

25k mile update. We've probably spent 6 months of time in this RV since we bought it. Maybe longer, I don't keep track. We couldn't live without it. I love the F550 cab chassis... RV is just another house. Stuff breaks, I fix it.

We'll keep the RV until our two barbarians are old enough that they won't want to camp with us, then I have spousal approval to build my own Earthroamer, but better, and a lot less than a million dollars.

Our last 10k or so miles are almost all tow miles pulling a Jeep in an 8.5 x 16' Colorado Offroad Trailer. Ours is like this one but without a bathroom. We get 9mpg if I keep it at the speed limit (65-70mph), 8mpg if I'm hauling ass and passing semis (70-75mph), and 10mpg if we're driving cautiously (55-65mph). We still get like 12mpg no matter what we do if we're not towing.

Problems we've had so far in order of "Magnitude"

The slider

Our slider still is unreliable. It barely drags itself out and in on perfectly level ground... But still does... So it's not fully broke yet. I like preventative maintenance and spent fall last year trying to get a Vroom replacement. Due to parts / supply issues with Brian in Arizona, the outfit in Texas couldn't get a date or a guaranteed cost solidified with Vroom. We kept getting pushed back again... and again... I hope Brian figures the issues with supply out, because the installers out in Texas were nice folks and passionate about their business. I'm way too busy to address it now, but hope to get back in touch with the folks in Texas in the fall.

Hydraulic Stabilizer
Somewhere around Armarillo, Texas at 3 in the morning when I was cannonballing cross country the level jack down alarm went nuts. I pulled over - the front driver side stabilizer went down and would retract, but then slowly (over miles) go back down. I ended up pulling it at a truck stop. I called Lippert - great service - crappy 1 year warranty - and $700 later have a working system again. The stabilizer has an internal pressure bypass valve that failed. The stabilizer internals aren't serviceable, which is silly, it's just hydraulics, but whatever.

Cab over bunk
I had the screw separation issue back in this post earlier in the thread: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=58 - that's held well over 10k miles now. Last trip I hit a dang crater in Memphis (don't drive through Memphis) and shockingly only the passenger side cab separated. I can't believe I didn't lose a wheel and tire. It was jarring. I fixed it the same as I did the driver side - lots more self tapping screws, adhesive, and it should be good forever. This isn't really a *huge* issue because it's not a structural problem. There's welded support columns, it's just the superficial fascia breaking under torsion. That's really bad still - but this thing isn't an earthroamer.

Hot Water Heater
I'm meticulous with my winterization and fully drained everything - but somehow the coils in the hot water heater's heat exchange still had enough fluid to freeze. We used our Magnitude at temps down into the single digits (well into the negatives with windchill) this winter. It was C O L D inside, but all stayed fine. It was only after when we drained and refilled for another trip in February that I noticed the water heater leaking. I replaced it - it was a minor hassle, but I did it in an afternoon. I actually like the instant / "unlimited" hot water heater now that I'm used to it, so I just swapped with the same Girard unit.

Dishwasher
Not bolding the above... It's not Thor's fault... I installed a dishwasher in 2021, and it broke along with the hot water heater in the super-cold camping trip. I plastic welded the fitting that burst back together and we were fine after. Our washer/dryer was fine. Splendide is splendid!

Bumper

At some point I demolished some poor critter and my bumper in the process. It's a nice plate bumper now. Watch out Bambi!

Upgraded front springs

I updated to snow plow rated lift springs to level and stiffen the ride. It's the best mod ever. I'd do that again in a heartbeat. Handing is so much more planted with far less body roll in the corners.

Little stuff has gotten upgraded too... Better kitchen faucet and shower faucet, redoing of some cabinetry, adding more winterization ports... I've also kept up with maintenance - oil changes, a full wash every trip in and out, seal inspection and reseal as needed every 6 months... But still, this is my favorite house. I like it more than the house I pay a proper mortgage on.

There's a lot of complaining here. Don't let it discourage anyone that finds this thread from Google, just don't buy an RV expecting it to be like a car - it's not - it's an overweight housecar experiencing chronic multi-hour long earthquakes.

That said - your Thor Super C will have an unreliable full wall slide if equipped. There's just too many reported failures for it to be up to chance - it's just a matter of time. Expect a Vroom system, and budget for it. The rest of my issues are from more use, gravel roads, and wear than most RVs get in a lifetime. We're rough on our toys.
Old 05-11-2023, 01:07 AM   #63

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Cab over bunk
I had the screw separation issue back in this post earlier in the thread: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=58 - that's held well over 10k miles now. Last trip I hit a dang crater in Memphis (don't drive through Memphis) and shockingly only the passenger side cab separated. I can't believe I didn't lose a wheel and tire. It was jarring. I fixed it the same as I did the driver side - lots more self tapping screws, adhesive, and it should be good forever. This isn't really a *huge* issue because it's not a structural problem. There's welded support columns, it's just the superficial fascia breaking under torsion. That's really bad still - but this thing isn't an earthroamer.

There are no welded support columns in the cab over bunk. It is one big fiberglass shell fastened to the coach and cab with self tapping screws, very few of them and 1/2 of those are over tightened and the holes stripped or broke when installed.
Old 05-11-2023, 01:13 AM   #64

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Cab over bunk
I agree with kwplot on the front cap. This is a structural issue.

It is a one piece fiberglass cap that is held to the aluminum structure by those tiny little screws that break and / or back out on the walls and the roof and the F-550 cab roof.

The trim molding is just the beauty part to hide the screws holding the trim over the seam where the front cap attaches at the house box and screws into the aluminum frame. The aluminum frame won't fall off but wait for all of those screws to break or fall out and the front cap will come off and you will have a convertible.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:04 AM   #65

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I agree with kwplot on the front cap. This is a structural issue.

It is a one piece fiberglass cap that is held to the aluminum structure by those tiny little screws that break and / or back out on the walls and the roof and the F-550 cab roof.

The trim molding is just the beauty part to hide the screws holding the trim over the seam where the front cap attaches at the house box and screws into the aluminum frame. The aluminum frame won't fall off but wait for all of those screws to break or fall out and the front cap will come off and you will have a convertible.
Judge you're wrong, that's the sunroof option.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 01:03 PM   #66

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
25k mile update. We've probably spent 6 months of time in this RV since we bought it. Maybe longer, I don't keep track. We couldn't live without it. I love the F550 cab chassis... RV is just another house. Stuff breaks, I fix it.

We'll keep the RV until our two barbarians are old enough that they won't want to camp with us, then I have spousal approval to build my own Earthroamer, but better, and a lot less than a million dollars.

Our last 10k or so miles are almost all tow miles pulling a Jeep in an 8.5 x 16' Colorado Offroad Trailer. Ours is like this one but without a bathroom. We get 9mpg if I keep it at the speed limit (65-70mph), 8mpg if I'm hauling ass and passing semis (70-75mph), and 10mpg if we're driving cautiously (55-65mph). We still get like 12mpg no matter what we do if we're not towing.

Problems we've had so far in order of "Magnitude"

The slider

Our slider still is unreliable. It barely drags itself out and in on perfectly level ground... But still does... So it's not fully broke yet. I like preventative maintenance and spent fall last year trying to get a Vroom replacement. Due to parts / supply issues with Brian in Arizona, the outfit in Texas couldn't get a date or a guaranteed cost solidified with Vroom. We kept getting pushed back again... and again... I hope Brian figures the issues with supply out, because the installers out in Texas were nice folks and passionate about their business. I'm way too busy to address it now, but hope to get back in touch with the folks in Texas in the fall.

Hydraulic Stabilizer
Somewhere around Armarillo, Texas at 3 in the morning when I was cannonballing cross country the level jack down alarm went nuts. I pulled over - the front driver side stabilizer went down and would retract, but then slowly (over miles) go back down. I ended up pulling it at a truck stop. I called Lippert - great service - crappy 1 year warranty - and $700 later have a working system again. The stabilizer has an internal pressure bypass valve that failed. The stabilizer internals aren't serviceable, which is silly, it's just hydraulics, but whatever.

Cab over bunk

Hot Water Heater
I'm meticulous with my winterization and fully drained everything - but somehow the coils in the hot water heater's heat exchange still had enough fluid to freeze. We used our Magnitude at temps down into the single digits (well into the negatives with windchill) this winter. It was C O L D inside, but all stayed fine. It was only after when we drained and refilled for another trip in February that I noticed the water heater leaking. I replaced it - it was a minor hassle, but I did it in an afternoon. I actually like the instant / "unlimited" hot water heater now that I'm used to it, so I just swapped with the same Girard unit.

Dishwasher
Not bolding the above... It's not Thor's fault... I installed a dishwasher in 2021, and it broke along with the hot water heater in the super-cold camping trip. I plastic welded the fitting that burst back together and we were fine after. Our washer/dryer was fine. Splendide is splendid!

Bumper

At some point I demolished some poor critter and my bumper in the process. It's a nice plate bumper now. Watch out Bambi!

Upgraded front springs

I updated to snow plow rated lift springs to level and stiffen the ride. It's the best mod ever. I'd do that again in a heartbeat. Handing is so much more planted with far less body roll in the corners.

Little stuff has gotten upgraded too... Better kitchen faucet and shower faucet, redoing of some cabinetry, adding more winterization ports... I've also kept up with maintenance - oil changes, a full wash every trip in and out, seal inspection and reseal as needed every 6 months... But still, this is my favorite house. I like it more than the house I pay a proper mortgage on.

There's a lot of complaining here. Don't let it discourage anyone that finds this thread from Google, just don't buy an RV expecting it to be like a car - it's not - it's an overweight housecar experiencing chronic multi-hour long earthquakes.

That said - your Thor Super C will have an unreliable full wall slide if equipped. There's just too many reported failures for it to be up to chance - it's just a matter of time. Expect a Vroom system, and budget for it. The rest of my issues are from more use, gravel roads, and wear than most RVs get in a lifetime. We're rough on our toys.
Well as the Duck himself would say, you bought a kit, you’ve made it your own, and you’re enjoying the challenge of motorhome ownership. This is why when somebody asks me about buying an RV, the first thing I ask them is, “Can you do basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general handyman stuff? If not, don’t buy it.” Tally ho!
Old 06-18-2023, 01:33 PM   #67

THOR #21936
I had a couple of messages about the dishwasher, so I took some pics when we were out camping this week. They're attached.

I installed it over the gas furnace, below the induction cooktop. There was room to the left, so I framed out a tall storage area for my wok, cutting board, etc. There used to be a big slide-out drawer here.

It's installed in a wood frame I made out of 1x3s and plumbed to the sink. I put a heat baffle and insulation on the top and bottom to reduce noise and thermally isolate it from the cooktop and heater.

I adjusted the location of the furnace and reused pieces of the cabinetry I removed so it all matches.

We use it every time we have hookups, but opt to hand wash when we're boondocking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dishmonster1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	42441   Click image for larger version

Name:	dishmonster2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	42442  

Name:	dishmonster3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	42443  
Old 06-23-2023, 03:01 AM   #68

THOR #21936
Thumbs up Correction - and thanks!

Wow. Well, curiosity got the best of me and I pulled a couple of panels a couple of weekends ago... I wasn't shocked, just disappointed in Thor. Thanks Judge and Kwplot34 for keeping me honest - I learned another weakness of my favorite vacation home today.

Those are structural self tapping screws, holding structural fiberglass in place. There's no metal framing in that cabover. It just sits on the cab.

I'm somehow horrified at the thought of self tapping structural screws, but given the amount of screws and and adhesive I used, those components are inseparable now. We'll see if they keep holding up. Either way, my boys love the RV and always ask when we're going out next, so I'm doing good.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:12 AM   #69

THOR #12751
Super-C Comparison

Quote:
Wow. Well, curiosity got the best of me and I pulled a couple of panels a couple of weekends ago... I wasn't shocked, just disappointed in Thor. Thanks Judge and Kwplot34 for keeping me honest - I learned another weakness of my favorite vacation home today.

Those are structural self tapping screws, holding structural fiberglass in place. There's no metal framing in that cabover. It just sits on the cab.

I'm somehow horrified at the thought of self tapping structural screws, but given the amount of screws and and adhesive I used, those components are inseparable now. We'll see if they keep holding up. Either way, my boys love the RV and always ask when we're going out next, so I'm doing good.

Zenith….. those tiny self-tapping screws tap into a square aluminum tube that is part of the coach structure behind the fiberglass.

The problem is the screws are too short and too small and only go through one side of the square tube. Between leveling and the stress placed on the screws while driving as the front cap bounces, the screws either break or pull out of the aluminum.

Kwplot and I drilled through the square tube to install bolts with fender washers and nylok nuts to better secure the front cap to the coach.

Kwplot, Pohoda and I…. as well as a few others have posted our repairs in various threads and so far the bolts are holding up very well.

I’m on my way to Alaska and have hit some very rough roads. The roughest are yet to come but after 5000 miles my repairs are holding up well. The bolts are staying tight up the walls and across the roof and the side trim is staying put and sealed.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:21 AM   #70

THOR #21936
Vroom System

I tried to get in at the Vroom installer in Texas (Patriots Garage) last year. They had parts trouble from Brian's main office, resulting in recurring rescheduling. My time is worth more than money, and I needed a guaranteed solution on a guaranteed time-frame. After two reschedules, I gave up.

I think that's in NO FAULT to Patriots Garage - the owner was 12/10 communicative, up front, and honest about parts availability. He's awesome - don't let this message discourage you from their business. These are growing pains because Vroom literally cannot keep up with manufacturing because of how simply crappy the factory slide system is on many Tiffin and Thor full wall slides is.

So we used our RV. A year, many trips, and 10k+ miles later, our original appointment with the Vroom installers at their headquarters in Tucson finally came around. Yes - they're more than a year booked right now. It's for good reason!

I had work and deadlines, so I worked until the job was done Tuesday, and cannonballed to Arizona after work hours. My stabilizer alarm rang at me South of Albuquerque, and I found my LCI stabilizers failed again, extending underway. I've dealt with this level of BS earlier 2 trips ago, so I took the next exit (gently) and unmounted the offending stabilizer, remounting it sideways. It still needs replaced. I'll call LCI sometime next week when I have time when they're open. Disappointed (again) but optimistic, I rolled into the parking lot of the new Vroom Slider Headquarters at the outskirts of Tucson in the wee hours of the morning.

I woke up before my alarm - I heard movement outside. The Vroom team were onsite before my 0700 appointment, cleaning up and getting ready to work on some more rigs. They were polite and friendly - promptly getting me and my Omni twin (he had a BT36 - great guy named Bob) in for work. Even though I knew the system from Judge's posts and Youtube, I still listened as they explained the system and their work today. They even were able to work easily around the stabilizer that failed on the drive out. I have nothing but good things to say about the service - they were very respectful of my RV, and I knew I was in good hands. They fixed the slider and fully upgraded me before closing time, and I drove another 9 hours back home just in time to get a few hours of sleep before meetings today.

I seriously cannot emphasize how well my slider goes in and out now. We went more than a year without using our slider for fear of being stranded by the factory system, because it had been so unreliable. Luckily most of the time ours just wouldn't go out... But now it goes in and out. Fast, and SMOOOOOOOTH!! It's so smooth now. Sure the full wall creaks a bit from the wood, but the motor is not straining. There's no metal shards to clean up. There's no front extended farther than back nonsense. Anyways, I'm happy this slider is usable again and REALLY look forward to the extra space next trip! It's very needed with two wild barbarian-children!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mag1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	42503   Click image for larger version

Name:	mag2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	42504  

Old 06-23-2023, 03:47 AM   #71

THOR #12751
Super-C Comparison

Quote:
I tried to get in at the Vroom installer in Texas (Patriots Garage) last year. They had parts trouble from Brian's main office, resulting in recurring rescheduling. My time is worth more than money, and I needed a guaranteed solution on a guaranteed time-frame. After two reschedules, I gave up.

I think that's in NO FAULT to Patriots Garage - the owner was 12/10 communicative, up front, and honest about parts availability. He's awesome - don't let this message discourage you from their business. These are growing pains because Vroom literally cannot keep up with manufacturing because of how simply crappy the factory slider system is on many Tiffin and Thor full wall slides is.

So we used our RV. A year, many trips, and 10k+ miles later, our original appointment with the Vroom installers at their headquarters in Tucson finally came around. Yes - they're more than a year booked right now. It's for good reason!

I had work and deadlines, so I worked until the job was done Tuesday, and cannonballed to Arizona after work hours. My stabilizer alarm rang at me South of Albuquerque, and I found my LCI stabilizers failed again, extending underway. I've dealt with this level of BS earlier 2 trips ago, so I took the next exit (gently) and unmounted the offending stabilizer, remounting it sideways. It still needs replaced. I'll call LCI sometime next week when I have time when they're open. Disappointed (again) but optimistic, I rolled into the parking lot of the new Vroom Slider Headquarters at the outskirts of Tucson in the wee hours of the morning.

I woke up before my alarm - I heard movement outside. The Vroom team were onsite before my 0700 appointment, cleaning up and getting ready to work on some more rigs. They were polite and friendly - promptly getting me and my Omni twin (he had a BT36 - great guy named Bob) in for work. Even though I knew the system from Judge's posts and Youtube, I still listened as they explained the system and their work today. They even were able to work easily around the stabilizer that failed on the drive out. I have nothing but good things to say about the service - they were very respectful of my RV, and I knew I was in good hands. They fixed the slider and fully upgraded me before closing time, and I drove another 9 hours back home just in time to get a few hours of sleep before meetings today.

I seriously cannot emphasize how well my slider goes in and out now. We went more than a year without using our slider for fear of being stranded by the factory system, because it had been so unreliable. Luckily most of the time ours just wouldn't go out... But now it goes in and out. Fast, and SMOOOOOOOTH!! It's so smooth now. Sure the full wall creaks a bit from the wood, but the motor is not straining. There's no metal shards to clean up. There's no front extended farther than back nonsense. Anyways, I'm happy this slider is usable again and REALLY look forward to the extra space next trip! It's very needed with two wild barbarian-children!

Vroom is a victim of their own successes. But as you can see from their new Vroom Slide HQ, they mean business. They were prepping and shipping out a boat load of components when I was there a month ago.

The Vroom Slide System solves all of the Scwintek deficiencies and improves upon the concept.

My slide creaks too from the crappy construction and workmanship but the motors don’t sound strained any more and the slide mives quickly and evenly.

I’ve got a total of 20,000 miles on between the original and upgraded design and I have had no issues with the slide mechanism whatsoever. As you said… no metal shavings or the sounds of the motor struggling to extend or retract the slide.

It is worth every penny!

But those are pennies that shouldn’t need spending thanks to Thor and LCI.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:38 AM   #72
LDK

Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Quote:

I think that's in NO FAULT to Patriots Garage - the owner was 12/10 communicative, up front, and honest about parts availability. He's awesome - don't let this message discourage you from their business. These are growing pains because Vroom literally cannot keep up with manufacturing because of how simply crappy the factory slider system is on many Tiffin and Thor full wall slides is.

Curious, were your rollers replaced?
Old 07-03-2023, 01:32 AM   #73

THOR #21936
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Curious, were your rollers replaced?

They replaced the adjustable rollers at the end with custom ones Vroom makes. The end adjustable rollers are a major component of the failure of many people's sliders. They replaced the motors while they were at it too.

All the mid rollers were fine. They have less issues than the ones on the ends of the sliders.
Old 07-15-2023, 01:48 AM   #74

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Colorado
THOR #30235
I found this thread doing some research on Super C RVs. We are on the return trip to Denver from Tucson after our Vroom slide install. Brian and the crew in Tucson are awesome, they have a great product, took great care of our coach and really appreciate all the work they put into walking me through everything. My only complaint is Tucson has a serious heat wave right now and we are still recovering.

Thanks for the details on the Super C. We are contemplating moving into a Super C from our Class A when we get our next RV. We have had the Class A for 3 years now, but looking for a bit more towing capacity, 4x4 capabilities and a couple other features the Super C has over the A.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:07 AM   #75

THOR #21936
We've gone on two small weekend trips since getting the slider replaced and that was totally worth it. The RV is like new to me again.

That said, we've been using the RV with only 3 stabilizers since the second front one went out, so we're still not perfect. I finally had time during the work day this week to call Lippert - they walked me through the same troubleshooting I tried when the other stabilizer went out. Just like the last stabilizer, this one failed the same way with the internal bypass failing, causing it to go out (and stay out) while underway. They at least are sending the second one free of charge since I had two fail in one year. Both are a new design and part number - so hopefully they won't fail.

The bottom-of-the-line factory 6v batteries in the coach stopped fully charging and were having trouble keeping the fridge running if we stayed put for more than 12 hours, so I replaced them with AGMs. I calculated that 4 would fit, but the circuitry in the battery bay is difficult to move and in the way so I only ended up installing 3. I went from ~80AH rated of standard lead acid to 300AH on AGMs.

I also welded a couple of cabinet drawer sliders together so my grill and stove can just get pulled out from the RV without me having to set up a table. It's a little upgrade, but a good one that saves setup and teardown time.

Last, I added a VHF/UHF radio and CB radio for better comms on the road.

We're going hunting next weekend and will take the RV on gravel forest service roads again. I really need to get around to getting a lift kit for it, but we haven't gotten stuck yet, so it hasn't been a priority.

After that, we may do another couple of weekend trips, but have a big trip planned for us in October, we're going to spend a week out exploring California. It should be fun - we haven't been out that way yet.
Old 09-02-2023, 01:43 PM   #76

THOR #22586
Quote:
We've gone on two small weekend trips since getting the slider replaced and that was totally worth it. The RV is like new to me again.

The bottom-of-the-line factory 6v batteries in the coach stopped fully charging and were having trouble keeping the fridge running if we stayed put for more than 12 hours, so I replaced them with AGMs. I calculated that 4 would fit, but the circuitry in the battery bay is difficult to move and in the way so I only ended up installing 3. I went from ~80AH rated of standard lead acid to 300AH on AGMs.

t.
That confuses me about the batteries. I had an XG32 and standard was 2 FLA 6v batteries. As part of purchase I thought I specified 4 and they were supposed to be AGM but ended up FLA. It was very tight in the battery compartment.

6v are designed to run in pairs in RVs with 2 in series to make 12v and the amperage the same as a single. 2 pairs of 6v in parallel to make higher amperage than a single but still 12v.

3 is an odd number that won't work and will either create higher amperage but still 6v or 18v and original amperage. Which is it?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-02-2023, 01:47 PM   #77
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
That confuses me about the batteries. I had an XG32 and standard was 2 FLA 6v batteries. As part of purchase I thought I specified 4 and they were supposed to be AGM but ended up FLA. It was very tight in the battery compartment.

6v are designed to run in pairs in RVs with 2 in series to make 12v and the amperage the same as a single. 2 pairs of 6v in parallel to make higher amperage than a single but still 12v.

3 is an odd number that won't work and will either create higher amperage but still 6v or 18v and original amperage. Which is it?
Probably three. 100 AH 12 volt batteries in parallel. Hence, 300 AH, 150 usable.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 01:50 PM   #78

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Probably three 12 volt batteries in parallel.
I thought that maybe but that battery area under the steps is tight and I don't remember what the capacity was for different sizes except 4 6v would fit but it wasn't easy and no room to wiggle them.

EDIT adding, for a different motorhome a few years back I was investigating battery upgrades and one of the "battery plus type stores". A 12v deep cycle of same category as the 6v, i.e. cart battery, was very heavy and tall. over 150# as I recall and I wasn't sure if the battery tray would support them. Since I wasn't really doing any real boon-docking, I stuck with GP31 FLA dual purpose.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-03-2023, 02:57 PM   #79

THOR #21936
Thumbs up

Ace got it right, they're 3x 12v AGM batteries in parallel. It's probably 150lbs of battery total.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bats.png
Views:	261
Size:	952.0 KB
ID:	43389  
Old 09-03-2023, 03:04 PM   #80

THOR #22586
Quote:
Ace got it right, they're 3x 12v AGM batteries in parallel. It's probably 150lbs of battery total.

Thanks figured that was it also. The ones I reference were the 12v golf cart true deep cycle, the 12v equivalent to the 6v GC2. I didn't research any AGM dual purpose.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ