Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: RB34
State: New Mexico
THOR #21936
Super-C Comparison

My family has outgrown our travel trailer. We're also looking to move out West for a career change, and all our family is local to Atlanta, so we're looking into updating from a tow rig to a motorized rig to make the twice-a-year trip home to see the family easier on everyone, and open us up to travel freely for fun all over the West.

Since we're a family, we only looked at bunkhouse rigs. We really like the bunkhouse layout on our travel trailer - everyone gets their own space and privacy - and it is the most strict requirement for us.

We have eliminated:
  • Class As - the driver seat is the crumple zone. I've never caused an accident, but have been in over a dozen caused by other people. I'm not willing to roll the dice on safety.
  • Class Bs - they're too small for us, two kids, and two dogs, and all our cargo.
  • Class Cs - the lack of tow and carry capacity on the usual E chassis would severely restrict what we can pack.
That leaves the Super C. Our current rig is a lifted Tacoma and a lifted travel trailer (Wolf Pup 16BHS). We do some dirt or gravel roads, and out west I foresee that being even more common, so 4x4 is a huge plus. That said, we'd still be able to do 70%+ of what I'd expect us to do just fine without a 4x4. We looked into 4x4 Super Cs first.

4x4 Super C Comparison:
  • Nexus Rebel 35R - We looked at one of these in-person and were VERY disappointed at the build quality. Everything was cheaply nailed together with gaps in trim and molding that are entirely inappropriate for a model in this price range. Nexus always talks up their welded 2" steel walls vacuum formed around Azdel. Their construction is inherently flawed though - the base of their walls below the exterior storage has bare plywood ends showing to the road! Finally, the outside storage is borderline unusable, as the doors flip up and are ridiculously low to the ground. On the plus side, the storage is absolutely huge - only beaten by the 2wd Cs on semi chassis (more on them later). We didn't even bother doing a test drive. The Rebel has an outdoor kitchen option... but it's not well put together from what I can see online. The unit we looked at didn't have one.
  • Dynamax Isata 5 - They had no bunkhouse option, so this eliminated it as an option for us. With that said, the Isata is comparable in build quality to the Magnitude / Omni. It seemed far more well-built than the Rebel, but still isn't perfect. The test drive was fine - it handled like my Tacoma does and was surprisingly nimble. The Isatas all do not have any laundry options, and there's no place to easily add laundry anywhere.
  • Thor Magnitude / Omni BB35 - Same build quality as the Isata - which is nice, but not perfect. The BB has 1.5 baths. To us, the extra 0.5 bath is wasted space. The kitchen had very little space. The drive was great. It's quieter than my Tacoma and more comfortable than my Tacoma.
  • Thor Magnitude / Omni RB34 - Same build quality as the BB35, but has a way better kitchen with a phenomenal pantry AND laundry hookups. The RB34 also has an outdoor kitchen, which is a nice convenience. We're getting the RB34. A few things that set the BB35 and RB34 apart from the competition (these were common on both rigs):
    • The huge cabover is amazing. The bed is bigger than the competition, there's more headspace, and the window is beautiful. The boys liked looking out it while driving, and I can see us stargazing or watching the sunset from there.
    • There is a LATCH connection for a baby seat in the dinette... I'm good with two kiddos, but my wife wants a third. Having the space to hook up a baby seat safely is a big plus.
    • The kitchen and pantry in the RB34 is awesome - far better than any of the other options in this category.
My wife's a good realist, and had us look at a few 2wd Super Cs for comparison. Each of the below options is $40-$80k more than the RB34 we're buying, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.

Before jumping into these, keep in mind they're all true Super-Cs. That extra $30-50k gets you essentially a semi truck chassis. When you're driving the Magnitude, you're sitting a foot lower than one of these... But you have to go to a semi truck facility for service on these at a much higher cost, whereas the Isata or Magnitude/Omni can go to literally any Dodge or Ford dealership, respectively. It's also a LOT easier to DIY work on a smaller 550 than one of these.

2wd Super C bunkhouse comparison:
  • Jayco Seneca 37L - This is the only Jayco SuperC in a bunkhouse configuration. We actually looked at two of them. The first was already sold, and the second had just been traded in. The second was traded in because the owners were downsizing to "a smaller unit with more usable space." The 37L is big. Really big. With 3 slideouts on opposing sides, the middle has easily 8' of just... space... when the slides are all out. That space is nice, but isn't usable for much of anything. The under-cabin storage was phenomenal, and the build quality was the best of any rig we looked at. The Freightliner engine was noisy compared to the Magnitude. Having the built-in laundry with a stacked unit was really nice, and the kitchen had more counter space than I'd ever use. Ironically, the new / sold unit was going for $189k, and the dealer with the used trade-in wouldn't take a penny below $205k. These were still in our price range, but didn't get any added value from the extra space, and the nicer build quality wasn't worth an additional $50k to us.
  • Dynamax 37BD - Similar layout to the Seneca, but with much less space since it only had 2 slideouts. The build quality was a bit less than the Seneca, but the price was $20k higher. Everything else was very similar... So why would anyone buy one of these over the Jayco? The Force HD and Dynaquest XL were even more expensive, so we didn't bother to even look.
  • Nexus Triumph 35TSC, Wraith 35W, Ghost 36DS - We couldn't find a bunkhouse Triumph or Wraith within 4 hours of Atlanta. That said, we didn't look very hard either after how crappy the Rebel was. The Ghost 36DS is out of our price range, it looks like they usually sell for over $220k.
  • Entegra Accolade / XL - Not available in bunkhouse.
  • Newmar / Renegade - Way outside our price range ($300k+).

All that said - we are planning on buying a Thor RB34. I think it's the best Super C on the market right now for a family looking for a bunkhouse. Am I missing any options to consider?

Old 01-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #2

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: New Jersey
THOR #21905
Welcome Zen'... Appreciate all the details on your search, it was a lot of the same for us when looking at what was out their and available and price... I'm really turned off by cheap looking craftsmanship of some of the rigs' we have seen during our search...

We just made the purchase of a RB34 this past week tooo... Just waiting for delivery (which may take a while due to being a 2022)... It just seems to be the best bang for the buck (plus the 4x4 option, and the 330hp w/825lbs torque)... and we opted for the dealer to install the W/D combo once it arrives...
Old 01-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Looks like you’ve done your homework. The only thing I’d suggest you check out is the OCCC and towing capacity. It was a deal breaker (one of several) for us. Enjoy your learning curve and your travels to come!
Old 01-24-2021, 07:35 PM   #4

Model: Omni RB34
State: Oregon
THOR #20891
We too selected the RB34. Ordered last October, expect delivery any day now.

We too selected the model based on floorplan & 4x4, diesel. Wish it had a king size bed, but also want that space around the bed. For our bunk, it's dogs on the bottom, granddaughter on the top (with a aftermarket side rail).

My advise is to choose your RV Dealer wisely. Get one that can & will do Thor warranty service. Check reviews on all service work. It's a long way back to the factory service center in Indiana. Also, will they do Ford F550 service (including oil change)? It's unlikely the RV Dealer will do Ford warranty service (including any Ford recalls).

You didn't say where in the West you are headed, but be aware not all Ford Dealers will work on the RV. I'm in Central Oregon with lots to 4x4 diesel pickups, but the length & weight of the RV is beyond their capabilities (and workers comp rules). And this includes oil changes. You'll need to know where the nearest Ford Truck Center (as in commercial) is located. I will need to get to Portland for any Ford warranty work. I made many phone calls to Ford Dealer Service Departments to confirm this info.

My RV Dealer is Thor authorized and will do all Ford work except warranty. And they'll do oil changes. Great service reviews.

Good luck with your RB34. Enjoy, and safe travels.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:50 PM   #5

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: New Jersey
THOR #21905
I went to this site https://fordcommercialvehiclecenter.com/ and set the filters at the top to 'f550' and 'motorhome', luckily it shows a service center about 7miles from my home (which is across from another RV center)... Seems legit, I'll call and confirm, but it did eliminate the two ford commercial service centers nearer to me...

The location I made the deal for the rb34 appears to be the only authorized dealer in NJ (only one linked in Thor's site)... and I believe they stated they are an authorized service center for Thor'...
Old 01-24-2021, 10:04 PM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
A service center is only viable for the warranty period.
After that your rv is just a conglomeration of other manufacturers parts and you won't ever need an authorized service center , and might even be considered as maybe a bit naive if you didn't find a nice independent shop unbothered by warranty time and bay space.

To me and the spousal unit, that overcab overhang would make the scenic view similar to sitting in the back of a panel van.

A big person with a bad hip is NOT going to enjoy the contortion it takes to get from that front passenger seat to the back of the rv.

4wd can be added to most any vehicle.
So can a lift.

You mentioned diy.
If you can DIY, you can seal up that exposed plywood easily enough.

You'll be surprised where you WON'T be able to go with that long tail.

About the c vs a crumple zone thing:
If you're concerned about an accident being bad enough to worry about a crumple zone, the real worry should be placed on the microwave knocking your head off from behind just before the fridge crushes you.

These are just observations we made and the reasons we didn't buy a c with a cap.

I've typed harsh things so you'll have a tougher point of view when shopping.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:13 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Z,
Welcome to our virtual campground.
You've done a GREAT job of researching these rigs.
Now comes the "deciding part"...
Old 01-24-2021, 11:03 PM   #8

State: Missouri
THOR #21940
New to the Thor Forums, but I noticed your post indicating that you are possibly interested in a new Omni/Magnitude Super C. I'm seriously considering ordering an Omni also, although I'm probably going to go smaller, with the XG32.

If you ever reconsider your choice and decide to look at a floorplan that is not a bunk house model, Thor is coming out in the 2022 model year a new floorplan, the BT36. It doesn't have a bunk house but it does have something that is needed with a family, a stackable washer dryer prep. A big plus is that this floorplan comes on the new Ford F600. Something to think about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Omni 2022 changes.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	28234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Omni 2022 changes 2.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	28235  

Old 01-24-2021, 11:13 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
rlb
Welcome aboard! 👍,
Old 01-24-2021, 11:53 PM   #10

Model: Windsport 27B
State: Tennessee
THOR #14933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
My family has outgrown our travel trailer. We're also looking to move out West for a career change, and all our family is local to Atlanta, so we're looking into updating from a tow rig to a motorized rig to make the twice-a-year trip home to see the family easier on everyone, and open us up to travel freely for fun all over the West.

Since we're a family, we only looked at bunkhouse rigs. We really like the bunkhouse layout on our travel trailer - everyone gets their own space and privacy - and it is the most strict requirement for us.

We have eliminated:
  • Class As - the driver seat is the crumple zone. I've never caused an accident, but have been in over a dozen caused by other people. I'm not willing to roll the dice on safety.
  • Class Bs - they're too small for us, two kids, and two dogs, and all our cargo.
  • Class Cs - the lack of tow and carry capacity on the usual E chassis would severely restrict what we can pack.
That leaves the Super C. Our current rig is a lifted Tacoma and a lifted travel trailer (Wolf Pup 16BHS). We do some dirt or gravel roads, and out west I foresee that being even more common, so 4x4 is a huge plus. That said, we'd still be able to do 70%+ of what I'd expect us to do just fine without a 4x4. We looked into 4x4 Super Cs first.

4x4 Super C Comparison:
  • Nexus Rebel 35R - We looked at one of these in-person and were VERY disappointed at the build quality. Everything was cheaply nailed together with gaps in trim and molding that are entirely inappropriate for a model in this price range. Nexus always talks up their welded 2" steel walls vacuum formed around Azdel. Their construction is inherently flawed though - the base of their walls below the exterior storage has bare plywood ends showing to the road! Finally, the outside storage is borderline unusable, as the doors flip up and are ridiculously low to the ground. On the plus side, the storage is absolutely huge - only beaten by the 2wd Cs on semi chassis (more on them later). We didn't even bother doing a test drive. The Rebel has an outdoor kitchen option... but it's not well put together from what I can see online. The unit we looked at didn't have one.
  • Dynamax Isata 5 - They had no bunkhouse option, so this eliminated it as an option for us. With that said, the Isata is comparable in build quality to the Magnitude / Omni. It seemed far more well-built than the Rebel, but still isn't perfect. The test drive was fine - it handled like my Tacoma does and was surprisingly nimble. The Isatas all do not have any laundry options, and there's no place to easily add laundry anywhere.
  • Thor Magnitude / Omni BB35 - Same build quality as the Isata - which is nice, but not perfect. The BB has 1.5 baths. To us, the extra 0.5 bath is wasted space. The kitchen had very little space. The drive was great. It's quieter than my Tacoma and more comfortable than my Tacoma.
  • Thor Magnitude / Omni RB34 - Same build quality as the BB35, but has a way better kitchen with a phenomenal pantry AND laundry hookups. The RB34 also has an outdoor kitchen, which is a nice convenience. We're getting the RB34. A few things that set the BB35 and RB34 apart from the competition (these were common on both rigs):
    • The huge cabover is amazing. The bed is bigger than the competition, there's more headspace, and the window is beautiful. The boys liked looking out it while driving, and I can see us stargazing or watching the sunset from there.
    • There is a LATCH connection for a baby seat in the dinette... I'm good with two kiddos, but my wife wants a third. Having the space to hook up a baby seat safely is a big plus.
    • The kitchen and pantry in the RB34 is awesome - far better than any of the other options in this category.
My wife's a good realist, and had us look at a few 2wd Super Cs for comparison. Each of the below options is $40-$80k more than the RB34 we're buying, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.

Before jumping into these, keep in mind they're all true Super-Cs. That extra $30-50k gets you essentially a semi truck chassis. When you're driving the Magnitude, you're sitting a foot lower than one of these... But you have to go to a semi truck facility for service on these at a much higher cost, whereas the Isata or Magnitude/Omni can go to literally any Dodge or Ford dealership, respectively. It's also a LOT easier to DIY work on a smaller 550 than one of these.

2wd Super C bunkhouse comparison:
  • Jayco Seneca 37L - This is the only Jayco SuperC in a bunkhouse configuration. We actually looked at two of them. The first was already sold, and the second had just been traded in. The second was traded in because the owners were downsizing to "a smaller unit with more usable space." The 37L is big. Really big. With 3 slideouts on opposing sides, the middle has easily 8' of just... space... when the slides are all out. That space is nice, but isn't usable for much of anything. The under-cabin storage was phenomenal, and the build quality was the best of any rig we looked at. The Freightliner engine was noisy compared to the Magnitude. Having the built-in laundry with a stacked unit was really nice, and the kitchen had more counter space than I'd ever use. Ironically, the new / sold unit was going for $189k, and the dealer with the used trade-in wouldn't take a penny below $205k. These were still in our price range, but didn't get any added value from the extra space, and the nicer build quality wasn't worth an additional $50k to us.
  • Dynamax 37BD - Similar layout to the Seneca, but with much less space since it only had 2 slideouts. The build quality was a bit less than the Seneca, but the price was $20k higher. Everything else was very similar... So why would anyone buy one of these over the Jayco? The Force HD and Dynaquest XL were even more expensive, so we didn't bother to even look.
  • Nexus Triumph 35TSC, Wraith 35W, Ghost 36DS - We couldn't find a bunkhouse Triumph or Wraith within 4 hours of Atlanta. That said, we didn't look very hard either after how crappy the Rebel was. The Ghost 36DS is out of our price range, it looks like they usually sell for over $220k.
  • Entegra Accolade / XL - Not available in bunkhouse.
  • Newmar / Renegade - Way outside our price range ($300k+).

All that said - we are planning on buying a Thor RB34. I think it's the best Super C on the market right now for a family looking for a bunkhouse. Am I missing any options to consider?
I looked at a few class c and didn't have enough legroom. How was the legroom on these super c's? Any better than others?
Old 01-25-2021, 12:51 AM   #11

THOR #21936
Wow, lots of feedback already!

Bandi - sounds like we're on the same wavelength!

Pete - I'm not worried about CCC - the CCC is underrated for the chassis. I have no doubt we will exceed it loaded with water, but the frame, engine, brakes, tires, and suspension are all rated for past that. I'm surprised they rated it as low as they did. 10k tow is plenty.

Droregon - Glad to see an rb34 owner chime in Selecting a dealer is a good point and consideration. We're buying on the East coast, but going West in a few months, so that won't affect us much. At least in our case, I will do my own preventative maintenance and can fix a lot of things myself in an RV. I learned a LOT from our travel trailer, and have flipped 2 houses, so I'm hopeful those skills will set me for success in a motorcoach.

Ducksface - I appreciate your tough criticism of my criteria - thinking through why I disagree with you on several of them helps me be confident in my decision. The biggest criticism I agree with is the contortion from passenger to back of RV. My wife has MS, and that was her biggest criticism of the rb and biggest like in Jayco.

Bob, thanks for the warm welcome!

rlbuzz - thanks for the info on the new unit! We'll be moving and using the unit a LOT starting in either March or April, so unfortunately we can't wait. I hadn't heard about the new F600 so I found this comparing the two - https://www.ford.com/commercial-truc...-600xl|f-550xl - it looks like tires and the chassis itself are the biggest difference, leading to more cargo carrying capacity - a definite good thing as Pete pointed out earlier.

I started looking into mods we will do on the camper once we get it, since I had some downtime today.

1. Laundry. After researching, it sounds like a vented unit is a much better option than a ventless unit. This makes sense, as the ventless unit must rely on condensation to dry the clothes. That takes longer and has a worse result. I think we'll get a Splendide WDV2200XCD. This will be a mod, since I'll have to add a dryer vent to the side of the rig. The power and water are supposed to be already there.
  2. Ground clearance. A lift will be a must, even though we have zero plans to offroad this truck. A factory height RV doesn't have the breakover angle or departure angle to make it into or out of our current driveway - let alone the clearance we'd want to run some of the rough roads on trips I have planned. Again, we're never planning on leaving the "road," but a marked gravel road is still a road. Unpaved roads are common in some of the most beautiful parts of this country and having clearance is a must. Tires will come eventually, but I plan run the tires until they wear down, then consider an upgrade to 35" tires.
  3. Spare tire. Why do no RVs come with a spare? That's loony. I have a massive bottle jack that I can throw in the back if the stabilizers can't lift the rig enough. I think the stabilizers can though - I'll need to see. There's plenty of room for the spare under the back middle of the truck, I'll just weld in a bracket and tire lift. Onboard air will come with that. I've had good luck with Viair's industrial series compressors, so I'll probably hook one of those up even though 120v is an option.
  4. Kitchen organization. Minor, but a big deal. I have to have my magnetic knife block next to the stove on the wall, it has all our kitchen stuff on there. I will need to get a better look at the cabinetry to adjust the blanks and open up more space. We completely redid the interior of the cabinets on our TT, getting us way more space.
I'm surprised that's all I'd change. We changed a LOT in our TT. I even moved a wall. The design of the rb34 seems really well thought out, so I hope I keep feeling that nothing will need changed once we finalize the purchase and do a shakedown trip.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:06 AM   #12

THOR #21936
Weird - I just composed a big reply, and the forum said it would require mod approval. I think it's because I had a couple of links in it. That should show up soon I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgscooter View Post
I looked at a few class c and didn't have enough legroom. How was the legroom on these super c's? Any better than others?

It's vastly superior to the E-series chassis used on most class Cs.

Break it down by unit:

• Magnitude / Omni - It's a F550, so power seats with adjustable gas / brake pedals. Lots of room, adjust to your heart's content. It's by far the nicest cab of any truck I've been in. My '17 Tacoma's cab felt like the inside of an econo-car after being inside it.
  • Isata - Same general vibe as the Magnitude / Omni. Since it's built on a big Ram, it's a very similar modern truck feel.
  • Rebel - The International cab for the Rebel felt basic compared to the other options. That said, the seat had more room than the Magnitude / Omni or Isata. It was also closer to the height of the floor of the living space, so getting in the back was easier than the Magnitude / Omni or Isata.
  • Jayco and Dynamax - The Freightliner cab for the Jayco and Dynamax felt a bit less utilitarian than the Rebel, but was still clearly a commercial truck chassis. The interior of the cab was taller than the Rebel, so it was much easier on both to get in and out of the cab. Don't get me wrong - it's not as easy as a Class A, but an older driver or passenger won't have trouble bending in twisting to get out of the cab, whereas they may with the Magnitude / Omni, Isata, or Rebel.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:04 AM   #13
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Weird - I just composed a big reply, and the forum said it would require mod approval. I think it's because I had a couple of links in it.
Correctamundo. It's approved now. I think the link review goes away after 5 posts? Not sure about that number.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:14 AM   #14

Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
I'm in the same situation. Seeking a Super C bunkhouse. Went to the Tampa show to feel these units in person.

The Omni/Magnitude is near perfect for us EXCEPT CCC. With a full water tank (540 lbs) and an additional 760 lbs for me, the wife, 3 kids, and two shepherds. If we crawl in there naked with no bags (dogs think that's fine, wife doesn't), we're already overweight.

Sad really, since it can tow 10k and my Gladiator would do nicely behind it.

The Rebel took all of 3 minutes to eliminate for the same reasons you did, even though the CCC was fantastic. Also no washer/dryer prep available.

Wife said no rather quickly on the Ghost, Wraith, Triumph TSC. Just didn't "feel" right. Also none of the bunk versions of these have W/D prep.

That left the Renegade (not at the show), the Seneca/Accolade 37L twins in Prestige and plain jane versions, and the 3 different Dynamax's that come on M2 chassis: Force, DX3, and Dynaquest.

We're now in the decision process between the Seneca/Accolade 37L and the Force. The Force has a more powerful engine/power train setup, the Seneca has a larger interior with slides out.

Seneca has a longer warranty but the Force has Brian Clemens, who answers questions on forums and always helps owners.

I'm torn, but not ordering until April. Clarity will present itself soon enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210115_105142.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	28236
Old 01-25-2021, 02:46 AM   #15
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
We went through a similar process in October 2019. We went with the Accolade 37TS for the following reasons.

Magnitude/Omni
could not use the bed with the slide in.
low OCCC
don't need nor want a 4X4 RV.
limited dealers able to work on a Ford based motorhome chassis due to bay requirements

Accolade/Seneca
better warranty at the time
Freightliner chassis can be serviced at any Freightliner dealer
5K OCCC
12K towing capacity
Air brakes
rear air suspension
triple slides creates large living area
bed is usable with slide in

Isata 5
Rear axle was at max weight with the rig empty - looked no further

Nexus
DW needed a step ladder to get into the driver's compartment. No lower steps on the exterior of the cab - looked no further

Renegade
Didn't see the value for the price other than the power train.

We put 7000 miles on the Accolade in the first year and are looking at putting about 10K on it this year. We are very happy with our decision.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:41 AM   #16

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
After being right at my 2100 lb limit in my last coach I set a minimum OCCC target of 3500 lbs on my must have list. I’d sure be reluctant to buy a coach with the knowledge that I’d be overweight right out of the box. But that’s just me.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:12 AM   #17

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
After being right at my 2100 lb limit in my last coach I set a minimum OCCC target of 3500 lbs on my must have list. I’d sure be reluctant to buy a coach with the knowledge that I’d be overweight right out of the box. But that’s just me.
I too would be be very hesitant, but I've thought about this a bit.

I'm fairly sure but not totally sure that a small percentage of the total vehicle cost could be applied to making any suspension carry any amount you wanted to throw money at.

I know I have a radical attitude about the rv being just a kit and how we should finish it how WE like not how some wonk decided to do it to meet a price point.

I'm not sure an rv overweight+- when empty would worry me too much because I could change that limit to whatever I wanted.

I'd probably let the floor plan dictate because it has lots and lots of custom parts needed designed and executed.(floor plans are easy to change but I think suspension would be easier and already engineered)

What would worry me more is the dumbass designer who maxed it out and what other stupid half steps he might have taken.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:27 AM   #18

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
i am very happy with our 2020 Magnitude SV34 even with some issues we have had with it. The floor plan works very well for us and it was one of the few Super C's with an outdoor kitchen. The Magnitude also gives you the most bang for the buck.

After looking at a lot of Super C's a couple years ago, I think Dynamax makes the hghest quality coach in that class and the Force HD would be my choice.

That being said..... if I was in the market for a Super C today or we ever considered replacing the SV34, I would be taking a hard look at the new Dynamax Europa. It should be in the price range between Isata 5 and the Force HD.

https://www.motorhome.com/top-storie...omes-for-2021/
Old 01-25-2021, 03:45 PM   #19

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
THOR #3610
You're concerned with the crumple zone on a class A, but yet you mentioned the kiddos lying in the cabover bed while traveling, there's not seat belts in the beds, so with the kiddos unrestrained where will they end up in a accident being above that crumple zone.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:02 PM   #20

Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
EA37TS, I came to the same conclusions you did and the Seneca is at the top of my list.

As for the outside kitchen on the Thor 34RB and Nexus 35R... I'll make one for myself in one of the spacious Seneca bays.