Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2021, 12:02 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #13946
Thor is very hard to get parts they do not sell to owners, only to dealers. You have to find parts after market

Old 05-27-2021, 01:12 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #23475
Nexus

Went to the local Nexus/Renegade dealer in Chandler, AZ.

The used Nexus models seem to be competitively priced between the Jayco and the Thor. Any thoughts or experience with the Nexus brand quality?
Old 05-28-2021, 01:10 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15410
Thor has the majority of the market. No brand is without problems. I have had different brands over the years and they all have issues. The quality in recent years has declined across the board. The dealerships do not seem to know much about what they are selling either. Do your research and find something you like. Sit on the toilet, get in the shower, lay on the bed. See how you can function with the slides in if need be. Then be prepared to learn everything there is to know about your unit, otherwise it will be in the shop more than it's on a campsite.good luck and I hope you enjoy.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
glad you got one!!

https://www.wral.com/rv-sales-contin...-out/19697168/
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:37 PM   #25

State: Arkansas
THOR #17442
Well speaking from experience do your homework and see who can work on your unit. My current situation is as follows... We had a front passenger side tire blowout and during our slow down our Super C took a hard right at about 45mph and up we go into an embankment as we just went under an overpass. The passenger side front end was destroyed along with undercarriage. Now here is the kicker... the local popular RV sales and their shop said they will not touch it for repairs because they cannot move it around. So off it goes to the only Ford dealer in this 10 country area that works on F-550's said they refuse to work on it because it is beyond their capabilities (email backed to my insurance). One Ford dealer said "it's 6 feet longer than what we can handle". So after the third tow it now sits at a major trucking company hoping for a possible start of repairs. So now it's three months of fighting to see who could service our Super C. In our case we have chassis repair, Ford repair, and house repair that needs to be done. So, no matter what brand of motorhome you buy, look into repair / who can fix it just in case of a similar situation.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #26

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
I have a 2017 sf35 and love it. The quality isn’t as good as the high dollar diesel pushers but for the money, you can’t beat it. I pull a keep wrangler and there is plenty of power, even in the Rocky Mountains. In fact it does better than the Cummins 8.3 that I had in my dp. As far as customer service from Thor, I’ve had great service from them. The only trouble I’ve had with my Thor is a slide motor going out. I now have a spare slide motor in case I have trouble with it again. Good luck!