Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2021, 11:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Theater seat removal

My RecPro recliner/theater seating arrived a few days ago while we were on the trip. Today I removed the theater seats that were stock. Kind of a PITA to get them apart and the backs do NOT come off. At least not without a chain saw. About 12 wood screws and lag bolts holding the contraptions to the floor and about 15+- machine screws and wood screws holding the arm rests and center console to the seats. Short of destroying the back panels, there was no way I could figure out how to remove the backs for easier removal from the RV. But by disconnecting the door strut it would open wide enough to get the seats out the door twisting on their side.

In a previous thread kwplot reported he had Lippert Thomas Payne in his from the factory and there was a 120v electrical outlet being the seats. No such luck for me so I'll have to run an extension cord down from the cabinet above and maybe later figure a way to hard wire a plug. In a couple days I'll install the new stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1-1 copy.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	32387   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0-1 copy.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	32388  

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #2

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Rough guestimate of how much they weighed? We're looking at trimming some weight, and they are not the most comfortable...just sayin'.
Old 08-06-2021, 01:53 AM   #3

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmthrust View Post
Rough guestimate of how much they weighed? We're looking at trimming some weight, and they are not the most comfortable...just sayin'.
I would say the seats were around 50-60# but I didn't weigh them. With the backs not coming off that made getting them out somewhat awkward and 2 people would be helpful but I managed myself. The RecPro I replaced it with isn't lighter but it has a beefy frame and reclining mechanism. The floor under the recliners isn't very solid but I put a few screws in to keep them from walking around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 2.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	32598  
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-06-2021, 03:07 AM   #4

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Nice looking theatre seating
Old 08-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #5

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Nice looking theatre seating
Thanks but unlike yours, there isn't 120v power behind them. Temporarily I ran a short extension cord down from the outlet on the bottom of the cabinet above. I have a trip in 3 weeks and after I get back will look at tapping into a source someplace and come up from below. Obviously they do not perfectly match in color but they do compliment with the other seats, walls etc. And comfortable.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #6

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Thanks but unlike yours, there isn't 120v power behind them. Temporarily I ran a short extension cord down from the outlet on the bottom of the cabinet above. I have a trip in 3 weeks and after I get back will look at tapping into a source someplace and come up from below. Obviously they do not perfectly match in color but they do compliment with the other seats, walls etc. And comfortable.
Maybe just tap into the outlet above and run it down behind the valance take the shortest and easiest route.
I think the color blends in very well with the interior.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:52 PM   #7

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Maybe just tap into the outlet above and run it down behind the valance take the shortest and easiest route.
I think the color blends in very well with the interior.
That is plan B. Run a tap in some conduit along the corner to a box and plug. Plans C++ are runs a new line in. B seems a whole lot easier. Thanks for reminding me of simple. Color does blend a lot better than I was expecting. I only had 1 can of scotch guard so need another before too long.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 02-27-2023, 05:42 PM   #8

Model: Magitude SV34
THOR #25156
remove theater seats

We want to remove theatre seats and replace with wall hugger recliners. 2022 thor magintude 34'

Any suggestion, comments please.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:36 PM   #9

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liscio View Post
We want to remove theatre seats and replace with wall hugger recliners. 2022 thor magintude 34'

Any suggestion, comments please.
Did you read the comments above?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 02-27-2023, 09:53 PM   #10

THOR #25156
Yes, but we want remove the seats. My husband is very handy and we should be able to do this. It would just help if he could see a video or talk with someone
Old 02-27-2023, 10:15 PM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Yes, but we want remove the seats. My husband is very handy and we should be able to do this. It would just help if he could see a video or talk with someone
I don't think I've ever seen a video of removing RV seats. Most handy people figure it out or ask pertinent questions as they go if they haven't found the information they need by searching and reviewing existing questions and answers. This thread covers a lot of points of replacing seats in a Magnitude. Other threads exist for similar seat replacements. If your husband has specfic questions on areas he needs help with have his post them here in this Forum and I'm sure anybody with some experience in that area (and many who don't) will be glad to chime in with their advice, some of it may even be helpful.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:32 PM   #12

THOR #22586
Quote:
When you say theater seats are you referring to the stock seating that thor calls "incliners"? That is what I had in my XG32 and removed. In post#1 I described taking them out and the pictures are what the seat looks like after removal. I suspect that thor has them fully assembled on the factory floor and sets them inside the coach before the slide on the opposite wall is installed. To remove them by removing the slide is rather extreme so it requires doing as I described to get them out. I didn't have any disassembly or blueprint instructions to follow to get them out.

EDIT adding, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask and hopefully I, or another person who did this, can answer.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 03-01-2023, 01:08 AM   #13

THOR #25156
We got the theater seats out, in 5 pieces. You are correct, a handy man can handle this. Husband had it out in no time.

Maybe some will think we jumped the gun. Now we need to find a replacement. One that reclines back enough we can take a good nap! LOL. We are looking at the RePro website. Several nice options. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2323.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	41079
Anyone that has ordered the RecPro recliners can you confirm the backs come off for easy install? Thanks for everyone’s feed back. Key Largo bound in 3 weeks!!
Old 03-01-2023, 01:18 AM   #14

THOR #22586
Quote:
We got the theater seats out, in 5 pieces. You are correct, a handy man can handle this. Husband had it out in no time.

Maybe some will think we jumped the gun. Now we need to find a replacement. One that reclines back enough we can take a good nap! LOL. We are looking at the RePro website. Several nice options. Attachment 41079
Anyone that has ordered the RecPro recliners can you confirm the backs come off for easy install? Thanks for everyone’s feed back. Key Largo bound in 3 weeks!!
Yes they do but I strongly recommend the fabric NOT the base vinyl. Vinyl will peel in 3 or so years and you'll be doing it again. I put in the Charles set with console and got the powered recliners. When I got rid of the omni, I moved them to the Valencia and am sitting in it right now down at a RV park just outside the Big Bend National Park. Some have gone with the fabric Brisa "sp" but I thought it felt too thin. The pictures I posted earlier in this thread are the ones I got. Happy with them. Others have gone with a Thomas Payne, Lippert company, Lambright or you could try something like Lazyboy but look for wall hugger style.

EDIT adding, I saved the crappy incliner thor put in and put them back when I traded it in.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 03-10-2023, 08:49 PM   #15

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Iowa
THOR #26576
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Yes they do but I strongly recommend the fabric NOT the base vinyl. Vinyl will peel in 3 or so years and you'll be doing it again. I put in the Charles set with console and got the powered recliners. When I got rid of the omni, I moved them to the Valencia and am sitting in it right now down at a RV park just outside the Big Bend National Park. Some have gone with the fabric Brisa "sp" but I thought it felt too thin. The pictures I posted earlier in this thread are the ones I got. Happy with them. Others have gone with a Thomas Payne, Lippert company, Lambright or you could try something like Lazyboy but look for wall hugger style.

EDIT adding, I saved the crappy incliner thor put in and put them back when I traded it in.
I was looking at the Thomas Payne powered recliners until I measured my door opening of the XG32 which is only 22 1/2 inches. Lippert says you need 26. The Recpro site says they fit through a 22” door. Thanks Chunker21 for the detailed posts. I will order the Recpro brand as well.