Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35M
State: Michigan
THOR #7496
Could be worse....

Boeing was forced to ground its 767-based KC-46 tankers for the past week after the Air Force expressed concern about loose tools and bits of debris found in various locations inside the completed airplanes, according to internal sources.

Sounds like some of thors quality control people went to work for Boeing? 🤔

Old 03-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #82

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
We are happy so far.
I will admit, we hastily purchased, without a very detailed PDI list, even before discovering this forum.
Only had one problem, so far, with the levelers, and worked that out (oh yes, figuring out a way to keep stuff in the cabinets while on the road).

We will be getting our first full season of use started in a week, (since a last Sept purchase).
Limited trips for now, as my DGF has a full time job, and limited to mainly weekend excursions, hoping at least 2 per month, plus a week at the fourth as plans go so far.

So, if she does real well (the RV), I look forward to doing some of the ride enhancement upgrades I read about in these forums.
Eventually graduating to a Toad, too.

There will always be something!
First finishing my, "at home" parking spot, cement pad project about 25% complete.
One day at a time, and for a do-it-yourselfer, the rains need to cede some!
Old 03-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #83

State: Nevada
THOR #12329
We are very very happy with our newest thor purchase, and gotta say this for Thor.. they have really stepped up their game as far as fit and finish goes... and a big effort has been made to make their product better..I know for fact that they visit this site and look for complaints.... but you gotta see their side....they don't build the chassis...sure, they can go to ford and complain... but here's what happens... for every one person that complains..... there are hundreds that think it's fine..on our new coach,.. there are minor things that I find unacceptable,.. and wouldn't cost or take anymore time to do right to begin with, but on the same note, there are hundreds out there with the same problem that don't know or don't care and think it's the greatest...west coast complain the coach is too hot... and east complain it's too cold...so goota make everyone happy some how..

as far as ford goes, don't know what they did for 2019... but.. as I always do a ton of chassis mods, this one needs nothing..I get about 1.5'' sag when I hook up my trailer....might go with sumos on the rear to help with that... but... pulled the trailer about 1000 miles with no issues what so ever...almost afraid to change anything as it works that good...
Old 03-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #84

Model: Four Winds 24HL
State: Georgia
THOR #11024
Not perfect but happy

Posted this on FB, the Thor Sprinter-Based RV's: Siesta, Synergy, Chateau, Four Winds page.....Thought it made sense here.

Think about it how many Ford 150's or iphones get made in year compared to any RV on the market. R&D and quality control costs are spread between millions of units vs a few thousand MH's. These are hand built by a very specialized workforce of very few people, when compared to an automaker.

I don't believe there is a 5 star motor coach.

If you spend anytime on the internet that fact quickly becomes clear.

Every coach is a compromise, wish we had bigger grey and freshwater tanks. But we have huge outside storage. The design, thus the monitoring of the grey tank is terrible but we love the way the interior works for us. Things I thought would be an issue (no direct outside stove vent fan) turn out not to be a problem.

Thor customer service has been great. They sent me drawings for the electrical, plumbing and other systems to help me troubleshoot. My BIL has a 2013 Thor. CS has been very helpful answering his questions and trouble shooting a electrical issue on a unit he purchased used.

If you want to be totally hands free and afraid to make small repairs or install modifications to your MH then don't buy any MH.

Like anything the fewer systems the less that can go wrong. No stabilizers or levelers, simple propane/electric refrigerator, the only moving part that worries me is the slides. Which are working fine. Two house batts seems to be fine for 3 days off grid. No solar needed right now. We don't full time so keeping to basics is easy.

At this point (almost 1 year in) the coach is 100% with help from Thor, the dealer, and some work on our part. We could not be happier.

2018 Four Winds 24 HL Sprinter Chassis
Cats = 2 (Max and Nellie) + Dog (Fiona) = Happy family.
Mred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #85

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mred View Post
Posted this on FB, the Thor Sprinter-Based RV's: Siesta, Synergy, Chateau, Four Winds page.....Thought it made sense here.

Think about it how many Ford 150's or iphones get made in year compared to any RV on the market. R&D and quality control costs are spread between millions of units vs a few thousand MH's. These are hand built by a very specialized workforce of very few people, when compared to an automaker.

I don't believe there is a 5 star motor coach.

If you spend anytime on the internet that fact quickly becomes clear.

Every coach is a compromise, wish we had bigger grey and freshwater tanks. But we have huge outside storage. The design, thus the monitoring of the grey tank is terrible but we love the way the interior works for us. Things I thought would be an issue (no direct outside stove vent fan) turn out not to be a problem.

Thor customer service has been great. They sent me drawings for the electrical, plumbing and other systems to help me troubleshoot. My BIL has a 2013 Thor. CS has been very helpful answering his questions and trouble shooting a electrical issue on a unit he purchased used.

If you want to be totally hands free and afraid to make small repairs or install modifications to your MH then don't buy any MH.

Like anything the fewer systems the less that can go wrong. No stabilizers or levelers, simple propane/electric refrigerator, the only moving part that worries me is the slides. Which are working fine. Two house batts seems to be fine for 3 days off grid. No solar needed right now. We don't full time so keeping to basics is easy.

At this point (almost 1 year in) the coach is 100% with help from Thor, the dealer, and some work on our part. We could not be happier.
That's true about all the storage space. My last TT from another company had two only, so stuff needed on the left of the TT went in the left compartment, stuff used on the right, in the right side. The MH we have about 6 compartments per side. Same method but I got a label maker and taped out what items (bbq grill, batteries, toolbox etc ) goes in which place. Don't know why they have two different types of locks and keys for the sides but they do.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:43 PM   #86

Model: ACE 30.4
State: California
THOR #12011
We purchased a 2018 Thor ACE 30.4 last year and really love it. Yes, we had a punch list of about a dozen things that needed fixing, but that was expected. I had the dealer fix the major items and I took care of the rest. It really helped that the price was marked way down when the 2019s started showing up.

With the 8000# hitch, it tows our race car trailer very nicely and is so comfortable. I did the CHF, added a 1200W inverter, variable high flow water pump and a few other mods. So far, we’ve travelled mostly in California, but this year I plan to take it cross country for other race events. Can’t wait!
Old 03-11-2019, 01:57 AM   #87

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
Happy Camper

Am I happy with THOR? I will say this, my Tiffin and both my Thors had to return to the dealership within the first year to 'work bugs' out, and warranty work. I will say, that I am extremely happy with the dealership I purchased my current RV from. That makes the difference IMO with any brand of RV. We can have the Tiffin/Thor/Winnebago comparisons all day and the QC issues they all have, but at the end of the day, the SERVICE after the sale is what counts most in my book.
RV Shop in Baton Rouge, La will have my business as long as they keep up the quality friendly service.
Montz, Louisiana
The Guidrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #88

Model: Quantum WS31
State: Ohio
THOR #14700
Smile Thor Owner

Hi Everyone,
We are new to this forum and been long time Rvers. We bought a 2018 Quantum WS31 and had a lot of problems when we first got it. Some were major issues. Now everything is okie dokie and we love using our motorhome. We put over 7000 miles on last year. Great trips. We are now planning some major trips this year to see this beautiful country of ours.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #89
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy123 View Post
Hi Everyone,
. We are now planning some major trips this year to see this beautiful country of ours.

We, too, love our Axis...and are sooooo ready to get on the road again !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:46 PM   #90

Model: Palazzo
State: Colorado
THOR #11353
Did not read through the entire thread. I. We, are 2016 Palazzo 36.1 owners. Fell in love with the floor plan, diesel pusher, and length. Maybe jumped in to quick at camping world but after putting it in our service guys hand, we just completed 10 months of being on the road. We had some issues but everyone says it is expected. I would rate it 8 out of 10.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #91

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Kay,
We went to Perry Ga for the FMCA Convention. As a DP pulled out yesterday morning their horn played "On the road again" as they left the camp sites.
THis 6 hr trip was our first trip this spring...looking forward to Spring getting here and Trout Season starting up (7am on Saturday 6April19 here in NC).

ColoRay, welcome to the Forum and Safe Travels.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #92

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We had no racing this weekend so the Vegas sat. I am going to give it a bath and clean/flush tanks out this week. Coming due for next oil change after this weekends race. Following weekend will be more racing. The unit does not sit more than 2 consecutive weekends. We are going to NC in April and it will be a mobile hotel room for a family gathering.

We are closing on 3 years of ownership and 22,000 miles. As this time has passed we are very happy with our choice and the overall performance of the unit. We have no regrets at all.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #93

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
ColoRay - we have the 2018 Palazzo 36.1 DP and love the floor plan as well the 1.5 baths was key for us! We have only 44.5 k miles on the unit right now but are heading to Snowqualmaie WA this summer if all goes well and hope to enjoy every minute of the coach. She is in the Freightliner shop right now for a Def issue (new head assembly I'm told) and should be back Tuesday afternoon and then we are headed out for about 10 days. Thor has been great in providing manuals and information.. Camping world just finished some warranty work on the AC and leaking ice maker issues, but we still think we made a great choice. Perhaps we will see you on the road or at a rally - thinking about the August one, can't do Perry GA as other travel is planned. I would agree with 8/10 for the unit.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote