Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2019, 04:03 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
Some research for your comparison:

https://www.mhsrv.com/thor-motor-coa...tum?fp_id=WS31

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:43 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #10578
We bought a new 2019 Quantum WS31 3 months ago and have been on several trips. Love the floor plan and the inside storage capacity has been awesome. Have found places for everything outside too. We got one with the theatre seats. I got the deal for $92K with some other perks around it. Did the extended 5 year warranty for $4K. I have been back to the dealership 4 times for some minor repairs and adjustments. It’s par for the course we are learning. Things are stabilizing. All in all, we are very happy with the rig. We got the full body paint package on it and it make all the difference on looks. We are class C people and the 32 or so feet work nicely for us. There are a lot of nice features in the Quantum label. Good luck!!
Old 08-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #23

State: Utah
THOR #10578
One other thing. We invested in the front end steering stabilizer. A must must have. Changed all things in driving safety in winds and ruts. Don’t know why they don’t put these things on at the factory. They are about $400 to $500. Worth every penny for the comfort and confidence. Driving no longer has the anxiety and fatigue!
Old 08-03-2019, 07:16 PM   #24

Model: Quantum WS31
State: Ohio
THOR #14700
Hi.
We have a 2018 ws31 and turned over 10000 miles in June. After a bunch of things the dealer fixed (which is normal) we have on the go ever since. Our toad is a 2012 GMC Acadia. We average about 8 mpg towing and 10 mpg not towing. $80000 sounds about right for a new one. Good luck on your search.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #25

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
Offered them 35% less and said that's my one and only offer. They came back $2500 hundred dollars more. I told them thanks but not thanks can't do it. He later messaged and said just want to let you know we've only owned it for 30 days and it is a 2020. I said yes I understand that's as high as I'm going and if you can't do it for that price you can't do it, no worries.

I have been trying to buy one for 9 months now. You can easily get 35% off but you may have to wait. I see coaches still for sale today that I was looking to buy last hall that price has dropped $10k. Last year I would I bought at these prices, but now I am looking for something that is only in 2019 & 2020s. It is Supply & Demand 101. I don't demand to have one today, and I can wait until the supply is available at a price I am willing to pay.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:44 PM   #26

State: New Jersey
THOR #14485
I retired 4 years ago, made a purchase of a new 2017 thor windsport. I thought my husband and I would love it. I ordered everything I wanted, including th outside kitchen. First.....whatever could go wrong did. If you buy new, try everything. I mean everything. Because once you drive it away, the dealer will never do another thing. You are on your own. It took almost one year before we found all the things not connected, inoperative, no manuals or anything to refer to, etc. If I had to do again, I would buy used. I got a good deal, but now with all the problems this has caused, my husband does not have any interest or confidence in it. So, this may be the first time I ever made a bad decision to spend a whole lot of money. This one may be for sale soon!!!
Old 08-04-2019, 02:43 AM   #27

State: Nevada
THOR #10862
Ws31

Quote:
Wife and I are going from a 5th wheel to our first motor coach. We will be weekend worriers for about 3 years including various week vacations. Then retirement and plan on spending 2 or 3 months at a time in the rig traveling the great US of A.

Our offer is going to be low 90's. We were initially looking used, 1 or 2 years old, but they all seem to be priced within 10k of the 2020's so didn't make sense to us to buy used.

Any thoughts on this model:

Quality?
Value?
Reliability?
Other comparable models at same price point that are better value?

Etc

Thanks in advance.

We have a 2018 WS31 and love it. The only advice I want to give you is to join this Face Book page and ask all the questions you want. The group is for Thor Quantum owners and the largest number of owners have WS31's. It is the most popular model. With that being said, lots of the info isn't positive but it does give you an honest look at the RV's. As I said we love ours and have no remorse on our decision to own the WS31.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/455796911483742/

All the best,

John
Old 08-04-2019, 03:21 PM   #28

State: North Carolina
THOR #14072
We thought the same thing and bought a new Miramar 35.2 in May 2018 it had electrical issues the first week and was in shop a week, then it was in shop 3 months in sept-dec 2018 and back in shop April 2019 and is still there as of aug 2019. Hopefully a 1 or 2 year old unit has had all of the problems taken care of
Old 08-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #29

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Unless you just really know about these RV's and have ways to get things fixed, it seems to all come down to one thing whether buying new or used. Have every DETAIL checked before buying.

My fear with the units 1 or 2 years is old is many are being sold because of the problems being stated. It is big ticket item that even with warranty; cost a lot of money while being idle. So new owner comes along and buy the used unit. All of the problems may not have been resolved? New owner is buying as is. Thor & Dealer makes more money as they no longer have to pay for all of the original defects under warranty.

I think I can handle what components may fail after I buy, but the things that were clearly from poor assembly and defective from Thor is 100% unacceptable by Thor, and unfortunately the good intended Customers who are use to trusting that no manufacturer would push out a new product with the number of issues that RV Mfgs do. IMO, it is deceptive trade in way. The practice should be banned indirectly by allowing owners of new rigs more recourse when defects are noted. i.e. What if Mfgs were forced to extend the 1 year warranty an additional day for every day beyond the first 20 days that an open claim under warranty was active? Some owners warranty may end up lasting 3 years. But the intended outcome is to make Mfg think twice before sending unit to dealer and making the PDI less stressful or CRITICAL.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #30

State: Florida
THOR #6228
WS31 purschase

I have a 2016 WS31, it works very well for us in general, if I had it to do over again, I would have bought a coach with dual AC units and a king size bed. Our coach has the 15000 btu AC in it but it has a very hard time keeping the coach cool in the mid summer Florida sun.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #31

Model: 31W
State: South Carolina
THOR #1213
WS31 reply

We had a 2015 Chateau 31W with the same floor plan. We just sold it and of course took a loss. But it was a good MH. I upgraded the front and rear sway bars with Helwig, and upgraded to roadmaster steering stabilizer. It made a world of difference.
A few things I would like to have changed were, the cab seats to swivel around for use while camping, opt for the bunk over cab for storage space( entertainment option was in ours), recliners over jack knife sofa.
Think about towing a car, you had a vehicle with your 5th wheel but now you won't and renting is a pain at times specially if staying for a few weeks.
Never had any major issues with ours and the new owners still love it.
Just my 2 cents worth, good luck with your decision.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #32

State: Illinois
THOR #15589
Quote:
Wife and I are going from a 5th wheel to our first motor coach. We will be weekend worriers for about 3 years including various week vacations. Then retirement and plan on spending 2 or 3 months at a time in the rig traveling the great US of A.

Our offer is going to be low 90's. We were initially looking used, 1 or 2 years old, but they all seem to be priced within 10k of the 2020's so didn't make sense to us to buy used.

Any thoughts on this model:

Quality?
Value?
Reliability?
Other comparable models at same price point that are better value?

Etc

Thanks in advance.
We have a new 2020 Quantum and right now we’ve already had it in for service twice. It has been leaking out of the area where you store your sunglasses. Also leaking behind driver side where slide out comes out. We are beginning to regret buying this and knowing how expensive it was does not help. The quality is not there. I’d not buy again if I had it to go over