Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2022, 01:34 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #26173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBird View Post
I have the 2015 4-Winds 28F, pretty much like this link: https://mhsrv.com/2015-thor-motor-coach-four-winds28f-wjacks-king-bed-3-cam-3-tv-150-btu-ac-1-class-c-tx-i1245078 except I have the big screen TV with DVD player & storage instead of bed over cab. Also have TV & DVD player in bedroom. I bought the best memory foam King mattress Walmart had, BUT because I don't put the slide out for a nap in a Walmart parking lot, has auto levelers, anyway, had to cut a couple feet off the end of the mattress so I can open the closet doors, the 4-6" mattress made the bed too tall when slide not out. Bed is comfy & I am only 5' tall so can sleep any direction, usually cross way on the bed so I can have the window upen at my face. I have 4 new tires & the front 2 tires maybe a 1,000 miles on & had the vehicle aligned when they were put on, and it had a new rubber roof put on (thanks to insurance/hail damage) a couple years ago. All that being said, I'm having trouble coming up with a reasonable price (I keep forgetting to write down mileage) to ask for it, time to sell, I'm 87 & city says I can't keep it in my driveway anymore and I don't want to store. So, what do y'all think is best way to sell, I won't leave at an lot, am protective of it. I've taken care of all warranty work over the years, even back to the factory for a month right after I bought. It's down side it never been under cover so graphics starting to crack. I will still take off to drive to the next state east by myself before selling, but had an oxygen problem last trip to Colorado so can't go that direction again. Gas tank full, propane half full & I am good to go. I do love my oven 'cause when going to CO my sons camp next to me & breakfast is our fav meal, biscuits & gravy, bacon or sausage & eggs, we eat inside. Everything is usable without slide out but lots of room for all when out.Curious what you think best way to sell.
I can't say if I am a typical buyer, but is am only looking at RVTrader.

You could sell it yourself if you have the energy to do so. I am sure a dealer would handle a turn key sale for you.

NADA can help you price. I cannot say if they are accurate.

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2015/...6555251/Values

From their site

Suggested List $86,650
Low Retail $50,825
High Retail $61,258

Old 03-13-2022, 06:22 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 4-Winds 28F
State: Kansas
THOR #4709
Thanks, HDThor, I tried that before, this one is more like a couple I've found on line that are listed for $70,000 & $90,000, and this one will come with all warranties for tires, roof & all. I know RVTrader has to make a profit but hoped someone with experiences selling theirs could give a tip on a site I don't know about. I'd like to get as much as I can out of it & save a buyer that amount RVTrader would make. Doesn't scare me to sell myself & I can verify it has been taken care of so a "little old lady" isn't afraid to travel in it. By the way, thanks for the link, I will see what it says this year but get the mileage before I look.
Old 03-13-2022, 11:37 PM   #23

THOR #4709
The link took me to pull behinds, not motorhomes and the 4-Winds 28A is very different from the 28F (auto jacks leveling, full slide, etc.) Thanks for your effort (and I never did get the mileage on mine!)

In case any of you have had to replace those little plastic "spools" the accordian shades attach to, the metal bobbins used by most sewing machines work great. I used them on the Rialta & just ordered another package from Amazon for the 4-Winds. What works for me is to wrap a piece of the no skid rubber stuff around the cord & clamp in in place (shade UP) with clothes pins (big pack from Dollar Tree)while you unscrew the plastic spool.... & replace with metal. The slide is a help to walk all around the bed to get to the windows! Clothes pins are a must for lots of things in my world.
Old 03-13-2022, 11:47 PM   #24
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
The link took me to pull behinds, not motorhomes and the 4-Winds 28A is very different from the 28F (auto jacks leveling, full slide, etc.) Thanks for your effort (and I never did get the mileage on mine!)

In case any of you have had to replace those little plastic "spools" the accordian shades attach to, the metal bobbins used by most sewing machines work great. I used them on the Rialta & just ordered another package from Amazon for the 4-Winds. What works for me is to wrap a piece of the no skid rubber stuff around the cord & clamp in in place (shade UP) with clothes pins (big pack from Dollar Tree)while you unscrew the plastic spool.... & replace with metal. The slide is a help to walk all around the bed to get to the windows! Clothes pins are a must for lots of things in my world.
What link are you referring to?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 01:39 AM   #25

THOR #4709
The NADA link that HDThor posted. Sorry, 16ACE27, my multi-tasking is not up to par these days. Call it age or Covid, but takes me longer to get anything done & do have to double check anything I say. I've had so many good tips from this site & don't usually have much to say, kind of unnerved me to be notified I had only a couple weeks to get the the motorhome out of the driveway when I've had one sitting there since 1998 (Rialta). I did hope someone "had a better way" to sell/market. Thanks for asking & reading, Ted & Melinda.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:56 AM   #26

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
The NADA link that HDThor posted. Sorry, 16ACE27, my multi-tasking is not up to par these days. Call it age or Covid, but takes me longer to get anything done & do have to double check anything I say. I've had so many good tips from this site & don't usually have much to say, kind of unnerved me to be notified I had only a couple weeks to get the the motorhome out of the driveway when I've had one sitting there since 1998 (Rialta). I did hope someone "had a better way" to sell/market. Thanks for asking & reading, Ted & Melinda.
A classic Rialta, Love it!
There are many Rialta cult followers out there
Talked to a few in my travels

Good Luck.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:02 AM   #27
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
This is what I get from that link:

That's why I was asking - seemed to work correctly for me.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:28 AM   #28

State: Ontario
THOR #17549
Thumbs up 2001 Thor Four Winds 28A

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDThor View Post
Do you have a THOR CHATEAU 28A or THOR FOUR WINDS 28A?

What do you like?

What do you dislike?

Our plan is to rent one (rented a 24 Minnie Winnie in 2019), buy and older one to find out what we like / dislike, then buy a final one around 2023 / 24.

We bought the 2001 in 2019 and have only had about five chances to use so far.

Love

-beauty to drive

-the table / couch layout
-shower & kitchen are small but serviceable

-refitted over cab as storage for portable solar panels

-for two people, lots & lots of storage

-separate bedroom

Don't love

-the toilet is too high. I see someone else added a stool, we did as well.
-my hubby would like a shorter length and a macerator

-will get swivel seats in the cab in our forever RV

We're looking at an Delano 24RW or maybe an Outlaw 29J if we can overcome the length problem.
Old 03-14-2022, 07:38 PM   #29

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #26173
Quote:
The link took me to pull behinds, not motorhomes and the 4-Winds 28A
That's odd. Anyway, good luck
Old 03-15-2022, 01:30 AM   #30

THOR #4709
I did try that link again & got the 28A y'all have been talking about, they must have been in the middle of something when I checked first time. There is a big difference between the 28A & 28F.... 450 Ford & long slide & auto jacks... BUT that isn't what I came to warn you about. I went out to start to get mileage & battery so dead nothing came on. This one comes with the auxiliary starter so gave that a try & let it run until temp gauge was warm.. by the time my son got over hour later the battery was back to half & dead. It is a 4 year & only a year old, buy at Walmart so I can get new put in if needed .. anywhere. BUT phone call & lady says "none of those big batteries to be found anywhere so she was going to check the US & call me back". So check your motorhome out well before you want to pull out, I did NOT expect this problem!

TaylorBob1, once we got past all the factory boo-boos that Rialta was a dream. It didn't have enough room for 3 cats & all their gear & me. The cats (feral) were my husband's lifeline the last few years before he died so I knew I must take care of them until they die, which means I have to take them with me if I am gone overnight. We made feral cats house cats & they can't take care of themselves so our fault. I won't be able to travel if I sell this, but the cats are 13-14 or more years old about now. The mother cat & one kid still living.