Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2020, 12:16 AM   #61
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to our virtual RV Park.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:23 AM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano
State: California
THOR #18975
Thanks Bob!
Old 09-07-2020, 09:41 PM   #63

Model: Delano
State: California
THOR #18975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsqrt1 View Post
We have a 2020 Thor Delano 24TT that has a sewer hose storage compartment just large enough in diameter to receive a sewer hose body but too small to accept the larger diameter connectors unless one is removed. Our dealer has suggested removing one of the connectors. If this is done the hose will fit and the remaining end connector will shoulder up to the entrance end of the compartment when completely inserted. However, removing and installing one of the connectors, before and after each use, in order to store it, does not sound like a viable much less a sanitary solution. We have contacted Thor; however, they have not come back with an answer. Does anyone in the Thor Forums community know of a sewer hose that will fit this compartment without messy assembly/disassembly of the connectors? Thanks in advance Doc…
Per my earlier post in this thread I posted pics of my homemade sewer hose holder to this album:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...albums292.html

Vey happy with the results so far.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #64
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Winner winner: chicken dinner!
Old 09-11-2020, 02:42 AM   #65

Model: 28z
State: Idaho
THOR #1797
Rhino hose's should fit just put the small end in first and put the tabs in the corners, tight fit but you won't loose them.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:07 PM   #66
Ajq

State: Michigan
THOR #19985
Hose storage

We have a 2020 delano 24tt, I took the useless factory storage box out and reclaimed a giant amount of space in the wet bay big enough to store a. properly bagged, 20' sewer hose and elbow connectors plus a 25' fresh water hose, bagged separately of course.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:51 PM   #67

Model: Delano 24TT
State: Texas
THOR #19066
Thanks. Any pictures of the completed modification.
Old 08-20-2023, 08:34 PM   #68

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #30293
Do any of you use the Rhino tough hoses and know if they will fit in the Valtera adjustable storage tube?
Old 08-20-2023, 09:41 PM   #69
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurtz502@gmail.com View Post
Do any of you use the Rhino tough hoses and know if they will fit in the Valtera adjustable storage tube?
I use the RhinoFLEX hose (don't know what a "Rhino tough" hose is. I store mine in a 4"x4" PVC tube under the edge of my LP tank. Since the Valterra tube is 4 &1/2" inner diameter the Rhino FLEX hose should fit.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 10:17 PM   #70

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Seems odd that the designers would not account for the "stinky slinky" hose fittings.....but is anyone actually surprised?

I am with lwmcguire on this one.....use a plastic tote that fits your "flushing" requirements (picture of ours is attached). The DW found this plastic bin (about 3'x16"x6" - probably intended as some under bed storage bin) which holds our dump goodies, plus extension hose and extra fittings. It's easily carried; easily stored; easily cleaned and relatively hygenic overall. Takes up some space in a bin near the wet bay, but not a big deal for the old ACE. You definitely don't want to store the hose with an open end.
I did this, no matter how well the stinky slinky was rinsed or how long I tried to let the hose air dry, apparently never long enough, the tote ended up stinking, not like an outhouse but like mildew.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 10:22 PM   #71

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I dedicated one bay for everything slinky. If you flush gray water last your hose will be clean enough. The bay allows multiple hoses (you will need extensions in some sites), extra fittings, donuts, gallon jugs of chemicals...everything I could possibly need. I also store two power cords, all the adapters and two extra water hoses (ends connected) in there also. Regardless of the hose diameter, the twist lock fittings and elbow will always be too big for the pipe. Stick a fishing pole in there and give up a bay.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote