Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2017, 02:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #9890
Thor Four Winds 22B

I will be getting my new Four Winds 22B Monday. I am new to THOR and this forum. I have tried searching and can't find any posts on the 22B. The internet does not give much info. Are there any 22B owners here?
Thanks

Leon

Old 11-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

State: British Columbia
THOR #8662
Yup we have a 2018...only for 2 months!
Old 11-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #5260
Im looking at small class C rvs. Im noticing most small ones with queen bed on slide, the mattress splits in 2 pieces. What do you put on mattress so you dont feel the split in the middle of your back?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #4

THOR #9890
Thor Four Winds 22B

Scott,
How do you like it? How does it drive?/ride? Any surprises? Does it have an inverter?

Thanks
leon
Old 11-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #5

State: British Columbia
THOR #8662
No inverter in ours. We will probably install one. We have had a blast with it. So easy to park and get around. You will have issues and there will be many upgrades to do. Make sure to keep up with seals and use the proper silicone. On ours the battery indicator did not work on the panel, the floor sagged in the bathroom, entry step was weak, various screws in sideways and coming loose, (all warranty issues) Thor motorhome owners group on facebook as well as “Class C RVing” is a great resource. Overall would buy it again!
Old 11-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #6

THOR #9890
Thor Four Winds 22B

That is a surprise. So easy to park and get around. My 2008 is only 21 feet and four wheels and I hesitate to say it is easy to park. I have a 2000 watt , not a real sine wave. I hooked it up to my Roadtrek engine battery, started the engine and ran 2 fridges, a freezer, two lamps, a fan, and a 65" 4K TV when HURRICANE Irma took our power. I will experiment and report.
Thanks for the info.

Leon
Old 11-05-2017, 06:01 AM   #7

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekrobinett View Post
Im looking at small class C rvs. Im noticing most small ones with queen bed on slide, the mattress splits in 2 pieces. What do you put on mattress so you dont feel the split in the middle of your back?

Mine is split by feet. Don’t feel it
Old 11-05-2017, 06:03 AM   #8

THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves2 View Post
I will be getting my new Four Winds 22B Monday. I am new to THOR and this forum. I have tried searching and can't find any posts on the 22B. The internet does not give much info. Are there any 22B owners here?

Thanks

Leon

I have a Quantum GR22. Same floor plan just a few options not available on Four Winds.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
That is a surprise. So easy to park and get around. My 2008 is only 21 feet and four wheels and I hesitate to say it is easy to park. I have a 2000 watt , not a real sine wave. I hooked it up to my Roadtrek engine battery, started the engine and ran 2 fridges, a freezer, two lamps, a fan, and a 65" 4K TV when HURRICANE Irma took our power. I will experiment and report.
Thanks for the info.

Leon
Congratulations on new motorhome.

Easy to park is obviously relative. My C was about the same length as yours will be, except narrower (mine wasn't a wide body like the Four Winds). For a motorhome I thought it was very easy to park in that I could often back it into regular auto parking spots by letting the rear hang over the curve. If you try that make absolutely certain you have enough ground clearance to clear curve so you don't damage the low-hanging dump lines (mine had bath in rear also so lines more vulnerable).

I think compared to a Roadtrek (presume a van) the extra foot and a half of width, extra height, and 3 feet of extra length can't help but make it harder to park in tight places. Even extra height occassionally made a difference because restaurant parking lots and the like don't always trim trees for oversize vehicles. By comparison my 20-ft van is much easier to park, allowing me to enter tighter parking lots, so it does make a little difference.

With a little caution though a 24-ft can be parked in many places. Any longer than that and it essentially eliminates parking in standard car spaces altogether.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #10

THOR #9890
Thor Four Winds 22B

Thanks Chance,
My Roadtrek 210 was a wide body, but not as wide as the four winds 22b. I can't even imagine backing into a parking place among other cars. It appears the cars beside me wouldn't be able to open their doors to get in and out.Experience will tell. I was a little concerned about the location of the dump valves. Probably safe enough except if backing over something.

Leon
Old 11-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
I was a little concerned about the location of the dump valves. Probably safe enough except if backing over something.
Leon
I wonder if you could bolt something to the frame, that would act as a guard to protect them?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #12

THOR #9890
Bob,

Maybe a woopie cushion?
Old 11-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #13

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Thanks Chance,
My Roadtrek 210 was a wide body, but not as wide as the four winds 22b. I can't even imagine backing into a parking place among other cars. It appears the cars beside me wouldn't be able to open their doors to get in and out.Experience will tell. I was a little concerned about the location of the dump valves. Probably safe enough except if backing over something.

Leon

I agree, crowding cars on sides can be an issue. One parking option (which I don't like doing unless necessary) is to take two spots. I normally didn't like doing that and avoided it unless spots were very narrow. Parking at end of a row so you can hug the side can also help, plus only affects one car.

I took this picture behind a McDonalds to show a friend how I parked when vehicle was too long. As can be seen, this 24-foot Sprinter took two spaces.

Regarding valves, I never hit them, but when backing over a tall curve I would get out and check. Not only did I not want to damage my RV, I really didn't want to unexpectedly empty my tanks in a parking lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5768.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	7649  
Old 11-05-2017, 05:08 PM   #14

THOR #9890
Trying quick reply. Looks a lot lik my Roadtrek
Old 11-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #15
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Bob,

Maybe a woopie cushion?
Hook a Bluetooth headset to it, and wait for it to warn you!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:56 PM   #16

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
We Have A Vegas, same width though a little longer. We can go anywhere a FedEx or ups truck can go. Fast food, we park out back and take extra space, grocery, same thing.

Is a lot easier if you look ahead. If you try and stop during peak times is difficult to find space and be less obtrusive.

Cracker Barrels with RV parking are cool though I will leave in front off peak hours.

Driving this thing is been pretty easy, just need to always have escape route.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #17

THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekrobinett View Post

It splits by your legs. Don’t feel it.