Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2021, 12:58 AM   #21

Brand: Jayco
State: New Jersey
THOR #19560
Thanks for the Saltaway recommendation. Never heard of it , but it sounds iike a good idea. We have reservations at Hither Hills campground, which is on the sand at Montauk, L.I. I'm not aware of any permit required. The woman who took our reservation made no mention of it. So many years ago, when we were there, there was no permit. I hope there isn't now! We'll call and find out, but I think it's all in the reservation fee. My wife made the reservation and I don't even know what the daily cost is. They are mostly sold out and reservations far in advance are necessary. We are going back after 34 years!!!

Old 09-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Wow - Super cool to see that rig sitting on a beautiful beach. Nice. I grew up driving many types of cars and trucks on the beaches of Cape Cod but never anything of Magnitude size. As you already know air down is key along with the 4X4. Then smooth momentum and steady throttle always helps when you need to get through a deep section and no sharp turns. I’ll bet the adrenaline was pumping when you hit that first deep section. As mentioned we always did a thorough underbody and fender wheel-well wash and rinsing after every trip on the beach. Love that rear shot picture.

Tags
4x4, beach, off-road, super c, thor magnitude