Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 07:04 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I typed most of this yesterday and then decided to erase it. All I've added today is what addesses the fix that fixed it.

The guy with the full slide problem is traveling with an uninitiated son(I THINK read that, but no matter, anyone could make the mistake). Closing that slide onto a chair, a garbage can, or without something folded up that should have been, could have absolutely positively cause this problem. Just thought we'd look at a different side of it.
It's still a full slide.
I still wouldn't have a full slide but this could very very very easily have been operator error by a novice.

Just a consideration.

And
Some people are self employed because no one else will have them. The 'mobile expert' who missed the obvious seems to be one of these.

The above was yesterday, below is today.

Lets get a bit of life experience involved:
If upon trying to install/reinstall a window screen frame on your house or chicken coop or rv you find it is racked, the first thing you do is UNRACK IT.
ANYONE would apply this to that slide situation.

So much for that
'Thor built it 1/2 inch out of square'
Theory.

He putting the slide out/in on an unleveled coach
Or some variation
Could also have done it.
We ALL know this.

Many prior operations of the slide kinda negates the whole:
1/2"
Thor is crap
caused this
reasoning.

Think rationally
No emotionally.

Experience says your guy goofed up. Him unracking the slide with the levelers is a high percentage of proof.
But
There is no excuse for that cap.
Except
You couldn't GIVE me a cut and paste class c if I had to use it.
How the whole world doesn't see them as the HUGE compromise to cost they are...I do not know.
It's screws and glue to VERY dissimilar materials. It is literally, nothing else.
I try to respect other peoples opinions and points of view..... but Duck.... I have to say I've about had enough of you.

Frankly you don't know what the hell your talking about so I am not even going to talk about the guy with the slide porblem any more at this point.

Instead..... I'm going to talk about you.

These Forums are designed to provide information and experience to help people. You and a few others are quick to assign blame or always point out that that it must be the fault of the OP. In your mind people are guilty until proven innocent. Its at the point that 95% of your posts are far from helpful or constructive.

Just like your post to the poor woman who had her Winegard unit tear off a new coach. It couldn't be poor workmanship or quality. It had to be that the woman hit a tree branch driving down the highway at 60MPH.... in the dessert nonetheless. And because she indicated in her post that she had many other problems with a new coach besides the Winegard ripping off in her post.... what did you say.... and I quote:

"Mention the many problems and she'll be treated as a problem. Her adamancy will be interpreted as hostile by some poor phone clerk who would rather have ANY job than thor complaint department."

Again, guilty until proven innocent..... its the fault of the OP's for laying out 6 figures for a coach and expecting to be able to enjoy it without any issues shortly after driving it off the lot. How foolish could someone be????

I guess it was her fault too for not crawling on the roof during the PDI and yanking on the Winegard to make sure it was secure from the factory. Bad girl.... what was she thinking????

I try to provide information and feedback that people will find useful more than I complain on this Forum in order to help people who need it. I'm not perfect and I'm not always right. I do assign blame where it belongs (like poor quality and workmanship) but I also assign praise (like the high quality of Thor Customer Service that I have posted about numerous times.... and took the time to write a review).

But I'm done with this Forum because of you and a few other morons and your caustic attitude and general unhelpfulness 9 out of the 10 times you post.

If I get banned for this post, so be it... I'm done posting here anyway at this point and this will be my last so I don't really care.

If people do think my posts are generally helpful, provide useful information more times than not and would like my assistance or information in the future, they can send me a PM.... and some have my phone number and email and are welcome to reach out directly.

One piece of advice given the theme of your typical posts.... you could consider asking one of the Mods to change your user ID.... you're only off by one letter.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #42
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Ahhhh Judge,
Don't let it get to you.
You have been consistently providing the best information in this place.
Don't quit on us...
Old 06-13-2021, 07:55 PM   #43

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Please stay.
Use the ignore function.
I offer alternatives. I do not bandwagon well.

Possibly, could, might
Are the words I used about alternative reasons the slide jammed.

I don't know why anyone would have counseled an angry person with myriad problems and high emotions to call thor about that roof and a long list to boot.
The call was the shops to make not hers, AFTER a real shop diagnosis showing the roof tore off the wingard(It was an alternative I suggested. It was what really happened per the shop).

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:37 PM   #44

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I try to respect other peoples opinions and points of view..... but Duck.... I have to say I've about had enough of you.

Frankly you don't know what the hell your talking about so I am not even going to talk about the guy with the slide porblem any more at this point.

Instead..... I'm going to talk about you.

These Forums are designed to provide information and experience to help people. You and a few others are quick to assign blame or always point out that that it must be the fault of the OP. In your mind people are guilty until proven innocent. Its at the point that 95% of your posts are far from helpful or constructive.

Just like your post to the poor woman who had her Winegard unit tear off a new coach. It couldn't be poor workmanship or quality. It had to be that the woman hit a tree branch driving down the highway at 60MPH.... in the dessert nonetheless. And because she indicated in her post that she had many other problems with a new coach besides the Winegard ripping off in her post.... what did you say.... and I quote:

"Mention the many problems and she'll be treated as a problem. Her adamancy will be interpreted as hostile by some poor phone clerk who would rather have ANY job than thor complaint department."

Again, guilty until proven innocent..... its the fault of the OP's for laying out 6 figures for a coach and expecting to be able to enjoy it without any issues shortly after driving it off the lot. How foolish could someone be????

I guess it was her fault too for not crawling on the roof during the PDI and yanking on the Winegard to make sure it was secure from the factory. Bad girl.... what was she thinking????

I try to provide information and feedback that people will find useful more than I complain on this Forum in order to help people who need it. I'm not perfect and I'm not always right. I do assign blame where it belongs (like poor quality and workmanship) but I also assign praise (like the high quality of Thor Customer Service that I have posted about numerous times.... and took the time to write a review).

But I'm done with this Forum because of you and a few other morons and your caustic attitude and general unhelpfulness 9 out of the 10 times you post.

If I get banned for this post, so be it... I'm done posting here anyway at this point and this will be my last so I don't really care.

If people do think my posts are generally helpful, provide useful information more times than not and would like my assistance or information in the future, they can send me a PM.... and some have my phone number and email and are welcome to reach out directly.

One piece of advice given the theme of your typical posts.... you could consider asking one of the Mods to change your user ID.... you're only off by one letter.
This needs repeated because it is very well written. I sure hope Judge does not go anywhere because he is a GREAT source of information. I follow Judges post because he has GREAT advice and write ups with pic's on upgrades and repairs.
Duckface, not so much, just put downs and criticism.
Not just my opinion.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:47 PM   #45
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Something I learned a long time ago...
If you slap someone across the face, with the best advice in the World: they'll never hear it.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:29 PM   #46

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Something I learned a long time ago...
If you slap someone across the face, with the best advice in the World: they'll never hear it.
I also believe that certain problematic posters should not attempt to write while having substance abuse issues.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-14-2021, 02:08 PM   #47
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
That really doesn't seem fair...
Anybody can have a bad day; some may have more than others...

The goal here is to help educate folks: not kick them when they're down.
(Or am I the problematic one?)
Old 06-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #48

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
That really doesn't seem fair...
Anybody can have a bad day; some may have more than others...

The goal here is to help educate folks: not kick them when they're down.
(Or am I the problematic one?)
No but you knew that
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-14-2021, 02:31 PM   #49
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I'm never sure...
Some folks folks swear that I'm just one of those giant post-creating bots from Russia...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1623681057
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IBM-Watsonmod2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	31353  
Old 06-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #50
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
This thread has strayed too far off topic and is being closed.