Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2023, 06:42 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingNinja View Post
Jumping back in here, our 50AMP breaker has a flag, but no "push to test" button. :-(

However, the flag isn't tripped and everything other than the Firefly HSE battery voltage display appears to be working normally.

I spoke with Firefly this morning. They were amused that Thor told me they could "tap into" our Bluetooth system. They are currently researching whether there is a problem with supporting AGM batteries, but I know we're certainly not the only people who have installed those.

We may disconnect the batteries and reconnect them again, just as a long shot.
Can't hurt. Does your USE/STORE/Main Power/Battery Disconnect remove power to that system? Or does it have its own lead to the house batteries?

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:47 PM   #22

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Thor Omni - AGM batteries not working with LED panel

Quote:
Jumping back in here, our 50AMP breaker has a flag, but no "push to test" button. :-(

However, the flag isn't tripped and everything other than the Firefly HSE battery voltage display appears to be working normally.

I spoke with Firefly this morning. They were amused that Thor told me they could "tap into" our Bluetooth system. They are currently researching whether there is a problem with supporting AGM batteries, but I know we're certainly not the only people who have installed those.

We may disconnect the batteries and reconnect them again, just as a long shot.

Looks like Thor is getting cheaper... if that's possible..... anyway....

I thought the guys at FireFly would get a kick out of you asking for them to tap into your system remotely.

Just pull SP and then put the Use / Store into the Store position to kill the 12V to the house. That shuts down the FireFly mainboard and display and will force a reboot. That is worth a shot if you did not try that yet.

I had issues with my FireFly system controlling the A/C when it was new and if I killed the power to reboot the system it would temporarily fix the issue but eventually I had the G7 Mainboard replaced under warranty and that fixed my issue.

There have been a few guys who went to AGM on the Omni / Magnitude with no issues…. and I’m using Lithium batteries with no issues.

The battery type is not the issue here. You can take that to the bank…. unless you live in California!
Old 03-14-2023, 07:39 PM   #23

State: Arizona
THOR #27217
Yes, turning the "Master Power" will kill the power to the Firefly LED screen as long as we disconnect from SP and turn off the inverter. We've tried several times to "recyle" the system, hoping that would reset the display. No luck.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:52 PM   #24

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Thor Omni - AGM batteries not working with LED panel

Quote:
Yes, turning the "Master Power" will kill the power to the Firefly LED screen as long as we disconnect from SP and turn off the inverter. We've tried several times to "recyle" the system, hoping that would reset the display. No luck.

You don’t have to turn off the Inverter. It has nothing to do with the 12V system for the house.

The Inverter is connected directly to the battery with its own 300A fuse and then provides the AC voltage to the fridge and TV’s via thay 15 amp circuit.

If you are under warranty, I think you will need to have the dealer look at it. If you are reading the chassis battery voltage, everything else can be controlled by the FireFly, and all 12V appliances work but you can’t read the house battery voltage, then it is a problem with the display or the Gx Mainboard.

You could get Thor to ship you a new display under warranty. They shipped me one under warranty and I sent the old one back. It’s a 5 minute swap out. If a new display doesn’t do it, the Mainboard would be my bet.

The cable from the battery runs to the Converter (with the disocnnect relay in the circuit) and then over to the 12V Bus and then to the Gx board. The house voltage resding comes from the 12V applied to the mainboard. The schematics show no separate wire for the house voltage reading so it can’t be a broken / loose wire.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:12 PM   #25

State: Arizona
THOR #27217
AGM Battery Replacement not working Firefly

Here's the final, and very anticlimactic, resolution to the issue we were having with the new AGM batteries we installed not registering correctly on the Firefly Vegatouch panel.

When we removed the prior flooded batteries, there was some green corrosion on the connections. My husband cleaned that with baking soda and a wire brush to remove most of it. He installed the AGM batteries and then the issue started with the LED display not showing the correct voltage, even though everything in the coach seemed to be working correctly.

Today, he disconnected the new batteries, bought a chemical cleaner for the connections at the hardware store, and thoroughly cleaned all the connections until there wasn't a bit of rust or corrosion left. He then hooked everything back up. Eureka! The LED panel shows the correct HSE battery voltage! Evidently, even though he'd cleaned the connections, there was enough debris left that it confounded the sensitive electronics of the Firefly.

I'm VERY grateful for all the suggestions and feedback. This forum is a wonderful resource for all RV owners and it's certainly helped us out of a pickle many times.

Blessings!
Old 03-18-2023, 07:00 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Here's the final, and very anticlimactic, resolution to the issue we were having with the new AGM batteries we installed not registering correctly on the Firefly Vegatouch panel.

When we removed the prior flooded batteries, there was some green corrosion on the connections. My husband cleaned that with baking soda and a wire brush to remove most of it. He installed the AGM batteries and then the issue started with the LED display not showing the correct voltage, even though everything in the coach seemed to be working correctly.

Today, he disconnected the new batteries, bought a chemical cleaner for the connections at the hardware store, and thoroughly cleaned all the connections until there wasn't a bit of rust or corrosion left. He then hooked everything back up. Eureka! The LED panel shows the correct HSE battery voltage! Evidently, even though he'd cleaned the connections, there was enough debris left that it confounded the sensitive electronics of the Firefly.

I'm VERY grateful for all the suggestions and feedback. This forum is a wonderful resource for all RV owners and it's certainly helped us out of a pickle many times.

Blessings!
Thanks very much for coming back and letting us know the resolution to your problem.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote