Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2020, 12:36 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Don’t tell my wife the leaves aren’t changing yet. Hopefully they will in the next 10 days. The last three years she picked the dates and places where she thought we would hit the peak for leaves..... we’re 0 for 3 so far!

So the traffic is heavy in the Smokies?
The traffic is nuts, not just in Pigeon Forge but also in the mountains. Going to Cades Cove yesterday was crazy.

My guess is either 3 cooler nights or a week and a half until the leaves start changing. You might be a week or two before peak when you get here.

We are leaving here on Sunday and heading to Tybee Island, GA. The middle of next week we will go to North Myrtle Beach to rally with an FMCA Chapter we are members of.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:54 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #13982
Quote:
Don’t tell my wife the leaves aren’t changing yet. Hopefully they will in the next 10 days. The last three years she picked the dates and places where she thought we would hit the peak for leaves..... we’re 0 for 3 so far!

So the traffic is heavy in the Smokies?
Had the park staff plant some colorful trees for your wife 😅
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0417.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	26576   Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0416.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	26577  

Old 10-08-2020, 03:11 PM   #23

Model: Magnitude BH35
State: Colorado
THOR #20053
Here in Colorado you can't see the trees through the smoke. Wife and I went up to Granby Colorado a couple of weeks ago and trees were better then expected with the recent wet weather and the cold snap and snow we got a few weeks before that. We probably have the same issue with traffic that you have in the east during this season and people are so impatient. Drives me nuts!
meyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #24

Model: 35SF
State: Michigan
THOR #18186
Ok Guys.
We have the front entertainment center on our coach.
How do you turn off the power to the tv and sound bar?
Getting it ready for winter and my only solution was to unplug them.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
How about cutting power at the panel box?
Old 10-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #26

THOR #13982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
Ok Guys.
We have the front entertainment center on our coach.
How do you turn off the power to the tv and sound bar?
Getting it ready for winter and my only solution was to unplug them.
We also have that setup on our 35sk. We have never cut the power to them. There both run by remotes. No hard on off switch. If your not plugged in to shore power it shouldn't be a problem. It shouldn't be a problem anyways. At least I've never had a problem of them coming on by themselves.
Edk
Old 10-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #27

THOR #18186
The problem I have is it will be stored next week at a indoor rv storage facility.
No access to power. Our coach has a solar system with 6 6volt batteries.
I switch to store and even turned off all 110 breakers and the sound bar still illuminates the time and the large tv and blue ray still have power.
Im sure this will drain the batteries over winter.
I did unplug the units as my only recourse.
I think I will remove the negative cable for added assurance.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:03 PM   #28

THOR #13982
Quote:
The problem I have is it will be stored next week at a indoor rv storage facility.
I switch to store and even turned off all 110 breakers and the sound bar still illuminates the time and the large tv and blue ray still have power.
Ya you difinetly wouldn't want to drain the batteries.
Doesn't your inverter have on off switch? Edk
Old 10-20-2020, 07:55 PM   #29

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Thor Super C

Quote:

It is very common for the Inverter to power a couple TV’s and / or entertainment center in these coaches.

As EDK said, there should be a remote panel that controls your Inverter so you can turn it off so it does not send power to the TV, fridge, etc.

Unfortunately Thor does not follow the recommended best practices of wiring the Inverter output with an AC sub-panel. If they did, you would be able to just turn a breaker off. One of my winter projects is to add a small sub-panel of my Inverter output.

If the Inverter is powered on, it will try to provide power to that put out circuit once the shore power is unplugged or generator is off.

Your other option is to install a battery disconnect switch to completely remove them and avoid parasitic drain from the CO / Propane detector as well.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:36 AM   #30

THOR #18186
From what I see for at this point thats my plan also for next year.
For now I'll disconnect at the battery's for safety.
I have everything off and the steps still work and the auto gen box is still lit up.
Need to sort it out next year.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:52 AM   #31

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Have you checked your volume settings in your cameras? I don’t have the noise but I did notice two volume settings. I have mine set low, but not low enough to not hear my wife when she’s behind the rig.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #32

State: Indiana
THOR #20132
turn off the backup camera (rear view mirror) all together. I have the same thing...thought it was my radio buzzing. It was my back up camera. I have also had issues with left turn signal having a 20 second delay before the left camera shows up. Sometimes it works as it should...others a long delay. The delay ONLY happens when the rear view camera is on. When it is off, there is no delay in the left turn camera. I am being told likely loose wire in the harness. But the buzzing definitely for me is coming from the mirror.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #33

THOR #20132
Quote:
From what I see for at this point thats my plan also for next year.
For now I'll disconnect at the battery's for safety.
I have everything off and the steps still work and the auto gen box is still lit up.
Need to sort it out next year.
Just went through this...after 4 days we drained the house batteries in-door storage - had the slide out and jacks down. We were able to hook up to 110 power and after 24 hours batteries were good to power the control panel. I do believe we left the inverter on...no totally sure. regardless - you need to turn the inverter off OUTSIDE in the storage bay to the right of the steps. There is a button on the inverter that turns the green light off. That is where you need to turn the inverter off...not to be confused with the inverter button in the entry as you enter the coach. I have a bb35-2021. I assume yours would be the same.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:49 PM   #34

THOR #18758
My turn signals do the same thing. Sometimes it takes a really long time for them to come on, other times it flickers quickly and may not even come on at all. Once I turn the signal off I can quickly change cameras with zero delay...
I will check all my wires again, as all outside connections are just crimped on and exposed to the moist Florida environment. We shall see.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:06 AM   #35

Model: Omni
State: Texas
THOR #21416
Quote:
You are better off removing all the vent and getting into every area in the coach you can and break out the shop vac.

Same thing with the small styrofoam balls from the A/C vents. I actually removed the A/C vents and trimmed the styrofoam for better airflow. I got the shop-vac in there before, during and after trimming and we still get little white pieces of styrofoam in the coach.

There was a ton of construction debris under the bed. I actually found sheet metal screws and saw dust inside my transfer switch.
we also have a Omni bh35. Our first few trips in ours , we had styrofoam blowing out of the vents.. And i was shocked after removing drawers and find the amount of trash left from the builders. I sent pictures to Thor directly. Maybe they will have there techs be tad cleaner.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:42 AM   #36

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopycurly View Post
we also have a Omni bh35. Our first few trips in ours , we had styrofoam blowing out of the vents.. And i was shocked after removing drawers and find the amount of trash left from the builders. I sent pictures to Thor directly. Maybe they will have there techs be tad cleaner.

If that’s the biggest problem you’ve got you should be one happy camper!
Old 12-04-2020, 02:17 AM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Can you imagine how much more our RVs would cost; if they had to be properly cleaned before delivery?
Old 12-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #38

Model: Omni
State: Texas
THOR #21416
Oh there’s more!

Lol..I guess your right, but unfortunately we’ve had a few problems since then, the sky view hasn’t worked since our second outing. Part was on back order for 6 months. Finally contacted Thor in Indiana and they are sending us the part.
Leaks in the gray water tank also. Heater vents assembled poorly we have large tears in hard to reach areas. Large living room slide locked up while camping (dry docking) in a rural area.
So there’s been problems.
Getting them fixed has been a nightmare. The first couple of payments were made while it was in service. We left our coach for 2 1/2 months at the dealer. And all they addressed was the slide and rubber gaskets around window. We decided to take our coach to a local repair shop, instead of having the dealer repair all the issues.
Ford 550 has recalls on the steering. And the closest Ford dealer that can lift that bad boy are 100 miles away. 🥺
Old 12-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #39

THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopycurly View Post
Ford 550 has recalls on the steering. And the closest Ford dealer that can lift that bad boy are 100 miles away. 🥺
I just looked it up and called a Large Ford dealership-at least for mine, there is a Service Action Bulletin out just letting me know that the steering linkage warranty is extended. There is no "work" that needs to be done (for my 2020 Magnitude XG32)

Tags
magnitude, omni, super c