Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2022, 08:19 PM   #221

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #20809
any lawyers in here? I think Judge is right and we need to start seriously discussing our options as a group with a lawyer.

Old 09-02-2022, 11:20 PM   #222
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
any lawyers in here? I think Judge is right and we need to start seriously discussing our options as a group with a lawyer.
Read the forum rules. Just like political, no legal advice allowed.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:51 AM   #223

THOR #20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Read the forum rules. Just like political, no legal advice allowed.
did not know that, thank you. Does that include solicitation? No need for advice on here, just want to find one and measure interest and then we can take it off line for the actual discussion.
Old 09-03-2022, 01:43 AM   #224
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
did not know that, thank you. Does that include solicitation? No need for advice on here, just want to find one and measure interest and then we can take it off line for the actual discussion.
Yes. Take it outside the forum.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:09 AM   #225

Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
THOR #22917
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
It's 3 years and Thor claims it is not a structural issue and will not fix the front cap under the structural warranty. Have an email from Thor saying that.
I have a 2021 class c with the “new” 12 year structural warranty…I was joking the other day that I wonder what that actually covers? What exactly does Thor cover under that warranty if the freaking front half of the “structure” doesn’t count?
Old 09-03-2022, 11:38 AM   #226

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmac450 View Post
I have a 2021 class c with the “new” 12 year structural warranty…I was joking the other day that I wonder what that actually covers? What exactly does Thor cover under that warranty if the freaking front half of the “structure” doesn’t count?

They are very vague in what they actually cover in terms of structural.....

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/blog/...ading-warranty

When you read the marketing propaganda in this link it just makes you laugh when they say:

“We have spent the last 18 months improving the culture throughout our great organization. The institution of better communication, visual management, and operational accountability have helped us transform the business,” commented Jeff Kime, Thor Motor Coach President. He continued to say, “The new warranty coverage is part of our commitment to building the most innovative, dependable, and longest-lasting motorhomes in the industry”.

I know they have told kwplot it is not covered but I have videos from the first time this happened that show the side of the front cap moving enough to cause a gap between the front cap and the cab when leveling.

My 3-year structural is up in one month. I'm going to decide whether I am going to contact Thor and tell them their fix is not holding up or whether I just fix it myself the way kwplot did with bolts, washers and nuts.
Old 09-03-2022, 01:54 PM   #227

THOR #20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Yes. Take it outside the forum.
Could you point me to the rules please? Im reading thru the FAQ and cant find anything.

thanks!
Old 09-27-2022, 08:46 PM   #228

State: Texas
THOR #16368
***ATTENTION - PROCESS FOR FILING CARE / CONCERN / SAFETY ISSUE WITH NHTSA**

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index

I have had just enough fun with Thor over this issue on our 2019 Magnitude SV34. Was in the CW, New Braunfels, TX parking lot where there were a total of five various Magnitudes and Omnis. Every single one of them had some version of this very same issue. I inquired if any of these were in for this specific repair and was told no and that they are not mentioning it. THIS IS SIGNIFICANT - at least it is to us.

When caps start falling off, at least it will be documented if nothing else.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:52 PM   #229

THOR #16368

Please at least file a report - they'll eventually realize they are getting a lot on the Thor Magnitude / Omni I would think.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:15 PM   #230

THOR #16368
Magnitude / Omni Owners - file NHTSA claim https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
It pains me to say this but..... in order for that to happen.... a front cap needs to come off while driving down the highway and almost cause an accident or fatality. Only then will someone care enough to take quality seriously.
Judge - I have no doubt that is going to happen one of these fine days. People are using their RVs more than they have historically (reference your prior post).

Please encourage all owners you know to file a claim with NHTSA so we can all say, "We told you so!" because it WILL happen.

For Thor to get away with this is so absurd! They did a goodwill "repair" for us in '21 at Wakarusa, but would only replace the segments where there were visible issues though we strongly requested for them to do a full and proper repair.

When there, we paid for one part and they were to replace two other parts for us - they never mailed them, nor will they take our MH back for a proper repair for the cap now that we are having additional issues. What a mess!!!
Old 09-27-2022, 10:36 PM   #231

THOR #16368
Quote:
It's 3 years and Thor claims it is not a structural issue and will not fix the front cap under the structural warranty. Have an email from Thor saying that.
kwplot34, please do NOT lose that email, or better yet, could you please share it with all by posting here? Thank you!
Old 09-27-2022, 11:56 PM   #232

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
kwplot34, please do NOT lose that email, or better yet, could you please share it with all by posting here? Thank you!
I will have to search and see if I still have it, that was well over a year ago.

I did file with the NHTSA.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:02 AM   #233

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
When Thor said that they would not fix mine under the structural warranty and they could not tell me if they would fix the issue for free, and after hearing how they were fixing the cap a band aid repair to get you another year down the road and out of warranty, I cancelled my appointment and decided to fix it myself. I knew I could do the repair correct and 100X better than Thor. And as it turns out I was correct in that thinking, my repair is doing great, Thor's repairs are not holding up.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:30 AM   #234

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post

Please at least file a report - they'll eventually realize they are getting a lot on the Thor Magnitude / Omni I would think.

I’ve had a long day of driving oit west and am now focused on potentially losing my home to thr hurricane.

I will look at your posts on more detail in the coming days and will file a report.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2022, 03:44 PM   #235

THOR #20809
Quote:
I’ve had a long day of driving oit west and am now focused on potentially losing my home to thr hurricane.

I will look at your posts on more detail in the coming days and will file a report.

Thanks!
Judge, Im in Sarasota, not sure where your home is, let me know if you need help or theres anything I can help with. Storms starting to pick up here and is supposed to be over us at 2pm. Good luck!
Old 09-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #236

THOR #12751
Thor Super C front cap issues

Quote:
Judge, Im in Sarasota, not sure where your home is, let me know if you need help or theres anything I can help with. Storms starting to pick up here and is supposed to be over us at 2pm. Good luck!

Thanks Larry… i truly appreciate that offer!

My place is in Cape Coral. Damn thing is going to go right over us. If the 12 - 16’ storm surge hits, my place will be wiped out.

My brother stayed and is riding it out in his high rise. He is 5 minutes from so he’ll keep me posted about how bad things get.

We planned to leave from the Balloon Fiesta on October 7 and then head to PA to winterize and store the coach and then come back to Florida. If we get flooded we are going to drive the coach from Albuquerque to Cape Coral after the Baloon Fiesta… assuming roads are open and there is diesel. We would have a place to stay while we assess and clean up plus the Jeep. Our car there will probably be under water if we get what they are forecasting.

Nothing we can do so we are going to try and enjoy the last two weeks of out trip. We’ll know more and decide our next steps once this monster passes in 24 hours.

I still have power and my cameras are working but I don’t expect that to last much longer.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:15 PM   #237

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Chris,
You and the wife will be in our prayers.
And so will your house.
Let me know if there is anything We can do.
Terry & Geri.
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:41 PM   #238

THOR #20809
Quote:

My place is in Cape Coral. Damn thing is going to go right over us. If the 12 - 16’ storm surge hits, my place will be wiped out.

My brother stayed and is riding it out in his high rise. He is 5 minutes from so he’ll keep me posted about how bad things get.

We planned to leave from the Balloon Fiesta on October 7 and then head to PA to winterize and store the coach and then come back to Florida. If we get flooded we are going to drive the coach from Albuquerque to Cape Coral after the Baloon Fiesta… assuming roads are open and there is diesel. We would have a place to stay while we assess and clean up plus the Jeep. Our car there will probably be under water if we get what they are forecasting.

Nothing we can do so we are going to try and enjoy the last two weeks of out trip. We’ll know more and decide our next steps once this monster passes in 24 hours.

I still have power and my cameras are working but I don’t expect that to last much longer.
If you need a place to park the rig I can offer power and sewer hook ups in my driveway when you get back. Also, if you loose power/camera and need a drive by after the worse passes let me know. Storm is here now. Lets pray we get thru this ok. Good luck and as you said, not much we can do right now so might as well enjoy your trip!
Old 09-29-2022, 04:16 AM   #239

Model: Magnitude BH35
State: California
THOR #23156
Quote:

Thoughts and prayers for a good outcome Chris. At least you and your wife are safe now.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:50 PM   #240

State: Arizona
THOR #27217
Quote:
If you have a Thor Super C Omni/Magnitude or one of the previous Thor Super C and are having front cap/structural issues step inside and explain what’s going on and add pics if you have them.
I have the Omni XG32 and having the same front cap structural issue that Judge had and Thor fixed his under warranty.
I have been communicating with Thor warranty for the last 2 days and have explained the issue and sent pictures of the issue and have told them that several others on the Thor forum have the same structural front cap issue and Thor fixed them.
Today Thor warranty told me that there is no issue and they will not cover or fix this problem, in fact Thor warranty told me the screws just need tightened and some sealer put on the molding.

So if you have a Thor Super C with the same structural issue step inside and explain your issue with the front cap and add pictures.
This is a serious problem and Thor needs to step up to the plate and take care of it. I know just on this forum alone there are several of us.

We're having the same issue with our 2022 Thor Omni BT36. The molding on the passenger's side is buckling off and we can see the broken screws. We also have the fiberglass along the join between the coach and the truck cab on the same side crumbling off. In addition, it looks as though the top of the cab is melting on one side. I'm not sure if that's a related or separate issue.