Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2018, 07:36 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Passengers are suppose to just sit down and shut up. If there's something interesting to see, I'll let them know!! Actually, I was gonna stream my dashcam to the 50" up front so passengers can see real time...my wife said she didn't want to know...probably would make her dizzy.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Not a bad idea. I recall a similar installation but in an airplane. It was very interesting to see what the pilots were viewing as they lined up for landing — which was a good thing because runway extended onto ocean.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #23

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
"The stool in the mid-bath has been repositioned. The closet for washer dryer is there but they didn’t mention it. They referred to a king bed but if so, things would be very tight. Mine has a queen bed. In the other model, Not sure the front skylight is a good idea. I liked the one piece cap. Less chance of water intrusion."

I don't care for the new position of the toilet in half bath...that must have to do with plumbing. It takes up your floor space. the W/D closet is still there...saw that. The front cap on mine is one piece...I think all the Super C's are but not sure...and the glass window in the front of the front cap...horrible. One big rock and you have a factory OEM specific piece of curved glass you'll need...weeks out. It's only if you don't opt for the front entertainment center, which we did. Bed must be queen...not room with the half bath for a king. I'm just glad to see they've re-introduced it...great floor plan with killer pulling power.

Agree with everything you said. We keep a clothes hamper in our mid-bath. Floor plan does say king though.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #24

THOR #11130
King bed is only 6" wider than a queen...looks like they stole that space from 1/2 bath. That's why the toilet has been moved over.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #25

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I hate to appear stupid (though it’s probably the case...) but what is the draw for these coaches? More expensive than comparable “A’s”, much more limited choice of floor plans, less storage and that mandatory over an bed. What am I missing. Maybe some folks just like the idea of a C?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I hate to appear stupid (though it’s probably the case...) but what is the draw for these coaches? More expensive than comparable “A’s”, much more limited choice of floor plans, less storage and that mandatory over an bed. What am I missing. Maybe some folks just like the idea of a C?

The big draw of a C for me is the narrower distance between the front tires. Doesn’t make a big difference on a freeway but on narrow roads it is much more comfortable to drive. And the super C is just .... well, SUPER.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #27
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Where/how are you finding these so quickly?

I’m curious because at end of video he mentions additional floorplans coming soon, but not sure if he means Super-C only, or other models like Axis or smaller Class Cs.
Wow! I beat you LOL.

I've "friended" Thor on Facebook and they show those live there. Once I see them on FB I switch over and check their youtube channel. They usually go up shortly after the live broadcast has ended.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #28

THOR #11130
It's a real truck manufactured by a real commercial truck company...not carpenters. Overhead bed isn't mandatory...I have a 50" flat screen there with cabinets and drawers on both side. Super quiet cabs with A/C's that cool the entire coach underway without having to run generator. 12 MPG at 65 MPH. Engine life of 700,000+miles. Enough diesel power that the transmission never downshifts and they hold steady speed up hills. You need to go look at them...then you'll understand. Diesel power alone is a $15K upgrade.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Passengers are suppose to just sit down and shut up. If there's something interesting to see, I'll let them know!! Actually, I was gonna stream my dashcam to the 50" up front so passengers can see real time...my wife said she didn't want to know...probably would make her dizzy.
Try streaming this to the Big Screen!!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:37 PM   #30

Model: Chateau Super C 33SW
THOR #10499
Quote:
It's a real truck manufactured by a real commercial truck company...not carpenters. Overhead bed isn't mandatory...I have a 50" flat screen there with cabinets and drawers on both side. Super quiet cabs with A/C's that cool the entire coach underway without having to run generator. 12 MPG at 65 MPH. Engine life of 700,000+miles. Enough diesel power that the transmission never downshifts and they hold steady speed up hills. You need to go look at them...then you'll understand. Diesel power alone is a $15K upgrade.

I would add that they seem to drive better than any Class A I have driven in the same size/price range.
DanChateau33SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:23 PM   #31

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
I have never been in a class C. But after watching the video I don't feel that I know much more about them. The video was of poor quality, poor lighting, poor lens (not wide angle enough), and no real focus on much. But the worst part of the video was the guy narrating it. It was much more pleasant with the sound off.

The biggest draw for me would be the diesel engine/transmission, and I assume it has 22.5 inch wheels.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #32

THOR #10499
The video isn't the best quality. The Diesel engine Andrew drivetrain are very nice. These are on the F-550 chassis so have 19.5" wheels vs. the Freightliner and others with 22". The finishes and systems on board are similar to the class A, but are really easy to drive.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:33 PM   #33

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanChateau33SW View Post
The video isn't the best quality. The Diesel engine Andrew drivetrain are very nice. These are on the F-550 chassis so have 19.5" wheels vs. the Freightliner and others with 22". The finishes and systems on board are similar to the class A, but are really easy to drive.
I've looked at the Super C models out on the road, and they seem so "substantial". I like the fact that they have many components that are the same as the F550 for instance. After having a cut lower radiator hose out on the road on a diesel pusher, and the problems I had fixing it, I'd appreciate an RV with easy to replace engine and drive train components.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:52 PM   #34

THOR #10499
It's actually the F-550 chassis and cab that Thor bus from Ford then builds the MH on the back of it.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #35

State: Iowa
THOR #6045
My coach windows get sucked open, always the front leading edge one. Anytime there are crazy winds on the freeway like in kansas etc... Has happened 3 times now and Ive replaced the hardware to repair each time... Ive finally given up replacing hardware, the duct tape I use on the side of the freeway is now a permanent fixture on those two leading edges... bad design.