Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2021, 12:17 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24TT
State: Texas
THOR #19066
Use of cruise control on Delano 24TT Flat towing Jeep

My wife and I have a 2020 Thor Delano 24TT on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis and we will be flat towing a 2022 Jeep Wrangler and would like to use the Demco Duo Brake system with wireless control. The Mercedes has an Distronic Cruise Control and the Jeep will come equipped with an Adaptive Cruise Control. These cruise control systems, when set, accelerate and brake keeping pace with traffic. We would like to know if the Demco Duo Brake system will in any way impede automatic braking actions or use of the Distronic Cruise Control? Will the Demco Duo Brake system in any way impede automatic braking actions or use of the Adaptive Cruise Control in the Jeep when it is being driven?

Old 11-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsqrt1 View Post
My wife and I have a 2020 Thor Delano 24TT on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis and we will be flat towing a 2022 Jeep Wrangler and would like to use the Demco Duo Brake system with wireless control. The Mercedes has an Distronic Cruise Control and the Jeep will come equipped with an Adaptive Cruise Control. These cruise control systems, when set, accelerate and brake keeping pace with traffic. We would like to know if the Demco Duo Brake system will in any way impede automatic braking actions or use of the Distronic Cruise Control? Will the Demco Duo Brake system in any way impede automatic braking actions or use of the Adaptive Cruise Control in the Jeep when it is being driven?
Read the owners manual for the Jeep. There are specific procedures you must do before towing. Some Jeeps such as mine automatically turn off certain features such as FCA when shifting the transfer into neutral while other options like the adaptive suspension must be deactivated by me.

If setup correctly and the procedures are followed Adaptive Cruise has no impact on towing because the cruise on the Jeep should not be turned on or activated.

I tow a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with all the bells and whistles and put 7k towed miles on it this year.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:34 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24TT
State: Texas
THOR #19066
Thank you for your reply. Does the Adaptive Control in your Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, equipped with the Demco Duo Brake system, work satisfactorily when driving it?
We were also wondering if the Demco system when installed would in any way impede operation of the Mercedes Distronic Cruise control when pulling the Jeep? We have asked this question of the Demco people and they have not responded, neither has the installer that we are considering using. The Jeep is a 2022 and will likely not be delivered until early next year. With that in mind I could not find anything anywhere that addressed this question.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:06 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsqrt1 View Post
Thank you for your reply. Does the Adaptive Control in your Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, equipped with the Demco Duo Brake system, work satisfactorily when driving it?
We were also wondering if the Demco system when installed would in any way impede operation of the Mercedes Distronic Cruise control when pulling the Jeep? We have asked this question of the Demco people and they have not responded, neither has the installer that we are considering using. The Jeep is a 2022 and will likely not be delivered until early next year. With that in mind I could not find anything anywhere that addressed this question.
I have the InvisiBrake installed and there is no impact. When towing cruise control is off and when driving the Jeep the InvisiBrake is not powered on. Also, no impact at all on the rigs cruise control when towing. I am not on an MB chassis