Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2022, 10:21 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #4227
Video Auto Level

2022 Thor Magnitude RS36
Anybody have any links to videos on how to operate the auto levelers?

Old 09-21-2022, 02:52 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird773 View Post
2022 Thor Magnitude RS36
Most Thor MC motorhomes use the LCI Power Gear hydraulic leveling system. Lippert has many videos, diagnostic trees and parts available for the individual owner. You.Tube probably has 100 videos on this particular subject
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:55 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Personally I never use auto level...it's like a Disney ride and the pops and creaks scare me to death. I always manually level the front or rear first, then which ever side needs a bump up. The auto level system tends to raise the coach way too high. 90% of the time I'm only making slight ground contact to stabilize rocking.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:31 AM   #4

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
State: California
THOR #556
Forget auto leveling. Do yourself a favor and learn how to manually level. It's not that difficult.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:18 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Personally I never use auto level...it's like a Disney ride and the pops and creaks scare me to death. I always manually level the front or rear first, then which ever side needs a bump up. The auto level system tends to raise the coach way too high. 90% of the time I'm only making slight ground contact to stabilize rocking.
I guess I have the only coach where the LCI system works as intended. It all ways seems to hit the level with only two movements. If it does make a third movement it is always to lower the coach. The only time I use manual is to tilt the coach for maintenance.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I guess I have the only coach where the LCI system works as intended. It all ways seems to hit the level with only two movements. If it does make a third movement it is always to lower the coach. The only time I use manual is to tilt the coach for maintenance.
Mine never lowers the coach after auto level...I know when it's reached what it calls level, my nose starts to bleed.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:00 PM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird773 View Post
2022 Thor Magnitude RS36
The above recommendations are excellent. I would not use the Auto Level..... especially with the weak front cap / cab-over attachment and related issues with the Omni / Magnitude.

Auto-Level tends to twist and torque the chassis far more than is necessary and that is not good for the front cap.

I used Auto-Level early on and when I started having front cap issues I could actually watch the front cap moving from all of the twisting and torquing of the chassis during the leveling process. After it stopped there was a gap behind the driver door and where the front cap mounted to the cab roof.

Get yourself a good level and place it in the center of the coach. Then let your far superior brain do the rest. Start by lowering the front and rear jack until they just touch the ground. Then adjust the jacks according to get it level.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:42 PM   #8

Model: RB34
State: New Mexico
THOR #21936
I also manually level. The auto level is hot garbage and a rollercoaster ride as it bucks and jerks and only sometimes levels - with the rig way off the ground.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is towing. We got a SuperC for towing and our Magnitude usually has a trailer behind it. Make sure you unhitch before leveling - the system's not designed to level with a trailer with a vehicle in it on the back.