Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2022, 05:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni SV34
State: Colorado
THOR #22921
Vroom Installation

Just returned from Tucson where I had my SV34 Schwintek full-wall slide mechanism replaced with the Vroom system. Great experience! Brian and his crew couldn’t have been more efficient and informative. Slide now works as it should and my anxiety level has been significantly lowered. Plus,Tucson was not as hot as usual due to monsoonal moisture. The desert was green and in full bloom!

Old 08-15-2022, 06:32 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
You just spent the best money you possibly could on your Magnitude! It was the best upgrade I did on my SV34.... and I've done a lot of them.

If Thor would just dump the crappy Schwintek design and replace it with the Vroom Slide System, they could drastically reduce warranty claims and make customers happier.

And if RV dealers could learn a lot from Vroom about the proper way to deliver customer service, quality and workmanship!
Old 08-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
You just spent the best money you possibly could on your Magnitude! It was the best upgrade I did on my SV34.... and I've done a lot of them.

If Thor would just dump the crappy Schwintek design and replace it with the Vroom Slide System, they could drastically reduce warranty claims and make customers happier.

And if RV dealers could learn a lot from Vroom about the proper way to deliver customer service, quality and workmanship!

The huge difference between Sales and Service. Dealers are interested in nothing but the sale...Vroom is totally a service/solution company.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:00 PM   #4

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The huge difference between Sales and Service. Dealers are interested in nothing but the sale...Vroom is totally a service/solution company.
That is a very true statement..... but......

Dealer Ownership / Management are very short sited if they don't realize that sales may get you the first deal but service will usually get you repeat customers and referral customers as a result.

I know the RV industry doesn't necessarily see it this way but those of us who like rv'ing will usually by more than one rig in our lifetime. There are dealers I would not buy my next rig from just based on service.... either personal experience or the experience of people I know.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:01 PM   #5

Model: RB34
State: New Mexico
THOR #21936
As a FYSA for anyone looking for this mod... I booked last month and they are booked until June 2023.

The person who booked my appointment said they're getting a new shop and may have more capacity soon, but still, my Schwintek is awful. It only works under optimal conditions when it feels like it. It worked great for the first few dozen trips, but now just struggles, binds, and stops after opening 4-6".

Owners should anticipate replacement - even though we use our rig a lot, we level every time before putting the slide out - so there's no reason for ours to have failed just after warranty is over.
Old 08-20-2022, 07:27 PM   #6

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
June 6, 2023 at 0700 in Arizona.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 02:20 AM   #7

THOR #12751
If they were a publicly traded company, I would be buying their stock!
Old 08-21-2022, 12:24 PM   #8

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Owners should anticipate replacement - even though we use our rig a lot, we level every time before putting the slide out - so there's no reason for ours to have failed just after warranty is over.

Oh.... there is a reason...... there is no way the Schwintek system should be used on a heavy, full-wall slide. There are multiple failure points from the single motor setscrew to the nylon v-rollers. The design is weak and the system components are not nearly robust enough. In 80% of the coaches out there with a full-wall slide, it will fail and likely fail multiple times.

When I was at Vroom last October and could see their design and components side-by-side with the Schwintek, I could immediately see the differences and the improvements Brian made.

He tried to sell his design to Tiffin and other manufacturers but they didn't want to spend an extra $1500 for his system over the Scwintek. Some said customers wouldn't want to pay the extra money for it. I call BS... I would have gladly paid an additional $1500 for my coach if it had the Vroom slide system in it day one.

Instead I paid $2500 plus fuel and a hotel along with the hassles of having the Schwintek mechanism fail a couple times so $1500 more would have been a bargain. This is the perfect example of the RV manufacturers being penny wise and dollar foolish.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:34 PM   #9

Model: Magnitude
State: Texas
THOR #22368
Vroom slide XG32

We were lucky enough to get an appointment January 2023 to replace our large slide on our XG32. They did tell us originally they were booked out till June and they were building a new facility. But we got an email later they could fit us in January, we were so very grateful especially since we will be in the area at that time. We are looking forward to getting it done because we kringe each time we use it.
We recently had to get our front cap fixed (separating from the body). So we are hoping this this be the last major fix for awhile
Old 08-22-2022, 10:01 PM   #10

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnBK View Post
We were lucky enough to get an appointment January 2023 to replace our large slide on our XG32. They did tell us originally they were booked out till June and they were building a new facility. But we got an email later they could fit us in January, we were so very grateful especially since we will be in the area at that time. We are looking forward to getting it done because we kringe each time we use it.
We recently had to get our front cap fixed (separating from the body). So we are hoping this this be the last major fix for awhile

The crappy Thor quality and workmanship with the front cap assembly and the crappy Schwintek slide mechanism are the two main issues with the Omni / Magnitude. Once you have those both addressed, you shouybe good to go.

You will be very, very happy with Vroom.
Old 08-23-2022, 02:33 AM   #11

THOR #1295
When did you receive the email for the newer booking? I am schedule for June 6 hopefully I will get an email for the winter as well.
(THOR)
Old 08-23-2022, 09:39 PM   #12

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Any more information about the quad roller system for large heavy slides?
Old 08-24-2022, 06:47 PM   #13

Model: Magnitude
State: Texas
THOR #22368
We got the first email on 2 Aug. Then we replied on the 4th about any possibilities to get us in when we would be in the area in Jan. The We got an email on Aug 8th with the Jan date.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:54 PM   #14

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupajoe147 View Post
Just returned from Tucson where I had my SV34 Schwintek full-wall slide mechanism replaced with the Vroom system. Great experience! Brian and his crew couldn’t have been more efficient and informative. Slide now works as it should and my anxiety level has been significantly lowered. Plus,Tucson was not as hot as usual due to monsoonal moisture. The desert was green and in full bloom!
Do they know or anyone on this forum kmow if they will EVER get a facility on the east coast or even mid U.S. I live in NC and can't drive across the country to have mine fitted out!!! Bob Trice
Old 08-25-2022, 12:55 PM   #15

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnBK View Post
Did they say where the new facility would be located??? Bob Trice
Old 08-25-2022, 01:26 PM   #16

THOR #1295
They are opening a brand-new one in Texas in September.

It is an authorised dealer
(THOR)
Old 08-25-2022, 01:27 PM   #17

THOR #13399
I'm also hoping for an east coast installation facility, maybe Florida, year round business, summer vacationers and winter snowbirds. The trip from Pennsylvania to Tucson and back would cost more than the installation. Fingers crossed 🤞
Old 08-25-2022, 04:42 PM   #18
LDK

Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
They are opening a brand-new one in Texas in September.

It is an authorised dealer
Patriots RV Garage in Aubrey TX just outside of Dallas.

https://patriotsrvgarage.com/
Old 08-25-2022, 04:56 PM   #19

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Patriots RV Garage in Aubrey TX just outside of Dallas.

https://patriotsrvgarage.com/
That is really good news for us from Midwest!
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 05:05 PM   #20

THOR #13399
Great news for northeast snowbirds too.