Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2020, 08:55 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
You don't remember all of those "unexpected acceleration events"?

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:11 PM   #22

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
You don't remember all of those "unexpected acceleration events"?
I remember all of the Toyota Sell a Thon commercials

I have only been deeply involved with RVs 2 years. Prior to that all we did was go to lakes with our boats and tents. I use to complain about the $5 gate fee

I had rented the 40' Fleetwood diesels and I learned then that I did not want anything that big. I still have white knuckes. I want to say I got something like 3.5 miles to gallon

Anyhoo.... Am I allowed to put a floor mat in my F-53? If so, anyone knows who makes them or will it take me having to cut up some carpet?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Michigan
THOR #21624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I remember all of the Toyota Sell a Thon commercials

I have only been deeply involved with RVs 2 years. Prior to that all we did was go to lakes with our boats and tents. I use to complain about the $5 gate fee

I had rented the 40' Fleetwood diesels and I learned then that I did not want anything that big. I still have white knuckes. I want to say I got something like 3.5 miles to gallon

Anyhoo.... Am I allowed to put a floor mat in my F-53? If so, anyone knows who makes them or will it take me having to cut up some carpet?

I'm unfamiliar with the flooring construction of a F-53 but it sounds like you have vinyl flooring. It's designed to stay in the vehicle and not be taken in/out like a mat.
To see if your vehicle can receive mats: Look for the retainer post pictured in the link below. If they are there, you will find two of them located in the footwell area, closer to the seat than the pedals. If not there, then that vehicle is not designed to receive floor mats. The retainers are there to secure the mat and reduce the chance of it moving around and coming in contact with the pedals.
The posts aren't offered on vinyl floors. The friction between the mat and vinyl is low, so in the chance that the mat becomes disengaged from the retainer post, the mat has a much easier time sliding around than on carpet, and this increases the chance of it coming in contact with the pedals.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...hoCQjQQAvD_BwE
Old 12-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #24

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuchmybuttercups View Post
I'm unfamiliar with the flooring construction of a F-53 but it sounds like you have vinyl flooring. It's designed to stay in the vehicle and not be taking in/out like a mat.
To see if your vehicle can receive mats: Look for the retainer post in the link below. If they are there, you will find two of them located in the footwell area, closer to the seat than the pedals. If not there, then that vehicle is not designed to receive floor mats. The retainers are there to secure the mat and reduce the chance of it moving around and coming in contact with the pedals.
The posts aren't offered on vinyl floors. The friction between the mat and vinyl is low, so in the chance that the mat becomes disengaged from the retainer post, the mat has a much easier time sliding around than on carpet, and this increases the chance of it coming in contact with the pedals.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...hoCQjQQAvD_BwE
I have those retainer posts in my Lincoln Navigator, but not the RV. So yes, I must have vinyl floor as the only way to remove that vinyl mat is to remove about 20 screw around the perimeter.

It is actually padded, but I thought a mat should be on top of it, but apparently not. I was going to cut a piece out of carpet to sit above the vinyl mat but under my feet, but if it has potential to be dangerous, I will leave it along.

I can get the vinyl mat that is on the floor now as a replacement part from RV Mfg should I ever need one. You just saved me some time, money and possibly safety of someone.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 12-30-2020, 10:24 PM   #25

Model: compass 23tw
THOR #19878
I purchased the WT over the hump floor mat for my RV with Vinyl floors.

I have installed the mat and it fits very tight with no movement on the passenger side and very little movement on the drivers.

I may just install Velcro in the middle on the drivers side.

I am awaiting a response to an email I sent WT about the sealant that is supposed to come with the mats.

Looks really good.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:40 PM   #26

THOR #21624
Quote:
I have those retainer posts in my Lincoln Navigator, but not the RV. So yes, I must have vinyl floor as the only way to remove that vinyl mat is to remove about 20 screw around the perimeter.

It is actually padded, but I thought a mat should be on top of it, but apparently not. I was going to cut a piece out of carpet to sit above the vinyl mat but under my feet, but if it has potential to be dangerous, I will leave it along.

I can get the vinyl mat that is on the floor now as a replacement part from RV Mfg should I ever need one. You just saved me some time, money and possibly safety of someone.

Yes, a replacement should be available if it gets damaged beyond your linking. The vinyl floor is most likely a Ford owned part, I doubt your vehicle arrived at Thor with carpet and they replaced it with vinyl, so you may be able to order it through a Ford dealer and save the money the RV dealer would make.

Glad to help - It's half the reason we're here!
Old 12-30-2020, 10:50 PM   #27

THOR #21624
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
I purchased the WT over the hump floor mat for my RV with Vinyl floors.

I have installed the mat and it fits very tight with no movement on the passenger side and very little movement on the drivers.

I may just install Velcro in the middle on the drivers side.

I am awaiting a response to an email I sent WT about the sealant that is supposed to come with the mats.

Looks really good.

WT's over-the-hump liners are a one-piece design. So that, plus their contoured fit of the footwell environment, should help keep them where WT designed them to be at.

I can't offer my support for your Velco solution, but it sounds like it'll work better than relying on liner/vinyl friction.

What sealant are you referring to?
Old 12-30-2020, 11:13 PM   #28

Model: compass 23tw
THOR #19878
It says that it is permanent adhesive between mat and vinyl flooring.

https://assets.weathertech.com/asset...018_042519.pdf
Old 12-30-2020, 11:25 PM   #29

THOR #21624
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
It says that it is permanent adhesive between mat and vinyl flooring.

https://assets.weathertech.com/asset...018_042519.pdf
I see - nice! Looks like it should do the trick. Good work
Old 12-31-2020, 01:38 AM   #30

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuchmybuttercups View Post
Yes, a replacement should be available if it gets damaged beyond your linking. The vinyl floor is most likely a Ford owned part, I doubt your vehicle arrived at Thor with carpet and they replaced it with vinyl, so you may be able to order it through a Ford dealer and save the money the RV dealer would make.

Glad to help - It's half the reason we're here!
Not sure you followed my plight? I was trying to do what the OP is doing but with a 2019 F-53?

I was saying that my coach came new with a padded mat ( I am assuming it is vinyl based on this thread). In my view it looked as if it could use a normal mat on driver side? But my experience was a I could not find ANY kind of mat that would cover whatever the OEM mat that is in the RV now.

I contacted RV Mfg and they can only sell me what I already have. I am sure I could get from Ford too, but I was thinking having a removable mat on driver side was the way to go, but now due to safety issues raised, I am thinking that it the way it is because of safety?

If you know how I can order a driver side mat for 2019 F-53; I would love to consider the option?

Edit:

Adding a picture to show what I have now. It looks like it ought to be a mat available to go on top of this, but so far RV Mfg & Ford says no. Called Earl Owen Truck Accessories who also said no.

For clarity, I only need a mat for driver side. That is IF it is deemed safe? If it is safety issue, then I can leave it as is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201230_200452.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	27858  
Old 12-31-2020, 02:30 AM   #31

THOR #21624
Quote:
Not sure you followed my plight? I was trying to do what the OP is doing but with a 2019 F-53?

I was saying that my coach came new with a padded mat ( I am assuming it is vinyl based on this thread). In my view it looked as if it could use a normal mat on driver side? But my experience was a I could not find ANY kind of mat that would cover whatever the OEM mat that is in the RV now.

I contacted RV Mfg and they can only sell me what I already have. I am sure I could get from Ford too, but I was thinking having a removable mat on driver side was the way to go, but now due to safety issues raised, I am thinking that it the way it is because of safety?

If you know how I can order a driver side mat for 2019 F-53; I would love to consider the option?

"...but now due to safety issues raised, I am thinking that it the way it is because of safety?" You are correct.

"If you know how I can order a driver side mat for 2019 F-53; I would love to consider the option?" The only option I can think of is going to an auto store and buying a "customizable" mat. These have a bunch of predetermined cut marks and you make the specific cuts to fit your vehicle. I'm not too familiar with these, so I'm not sure if they come with some type of floor fastener. If you decide to go that route, just make sure you secure it to your floor. Something like what WeatherTech is doing in roadrunner's pic looks like it works.
Putting on my guessing hat, an F-53 might be such a low-volume configuration, the aftermarket probably thought they couldn't make money selling mats for it. WeatherTech offers mats/liners for EVERYTHING (from an F-150 to a McLaren), if they don't have it, chances are you won't find one designed for it.