Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Whats the deal with Thor and not attaching things properly to the unit? The whole window trim, shade with wooden valance fell off the wall of our 23TR. Seems they used only two small screws to install even though there are 4 brackets.This is just plain laziness by the workers and very poor supervision and quality control. I understand things break but this was designed for failure.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #22

State: Illinois
THOR #12501
This is an update to the blind problem where the cheap bracket breaks. I Own a 2015 Thor 33sw that one of the larger slow rise blinds fell. The manufacturer is Irvine shade and doors out of Indiana. They know about the problem and sent me 10 brackets out for free. It is the #5 Large L bracket. They are supposedly stronger but still have the plastic on them. I was told that the main problem was that there were not enough brackets put on the larger blinds/shade. The larger ones need 4 instead of two. The blind is a lot sturdier now than before and I believe this has solved the problem.

I also want to put input on my RV. I have had zero issues with my slide. As a side note you need to make sure you are completely leveled with the parking break applied before opening the slide or you can cause major damage. I have my tracks cleaned and greased every season and it has worked flawlessly. I also had my issues with the Thor 33sw. When I first got it, it had a few bugs to work out. The main problems I had were not knowing how things worked. When you start engine you get a beeping noise from the automatic leveler. The control panels sometimes jams. Press enter and retract at the same time and it will reset. Also there are are two reset breakers that can fix a slew of electrical problems. One is in the battery compartment by the stairs. It is on left side and is yellow. If this trips all you have to do is push the yellow clip down. There is a red button that test it and trips it. In the bedroom under the bed in the compartment where the water pump is. This is a computer board with a black button (very tiny) that will trip sometimes. press it in and it will click. This will also reset some electrical issues. I also had an injector fail on my ford v8 diesel engine at 4500 miles. That is crazy but it was fixed under warranty. Other than that this engine has all the power to do any task. I love this engines power. All and all it is hard to beat all that you get with this unit.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:35 PM   #23

THOR #12501
33sw shade issue

This is an update to the blind problem where the cheap bracket breaks. I Own a 2015 Thor 33sw that one of the larger slow rise blinds fell. The manufacturer is Irvine shade and doors out of Indiana. They know about the problem and sent me 10 brackets out for free. It is the #5 Large L bracket. They are supposedly stronger but still have the plastic on them. I was told that the main problem was that there were not enough brackets put on the larger blinds/shade. The larger ones need 4 instead of two. The blind is a lot sturdier now than before and I believe this has solved the problem.

I also want to put input on my RV. I have had zero issues with my slide. As a side note you need to make sure you are completely leveled with the parking break applied before opening the slide or you can cause major damage. I have my tracks cleaned and greased every season and it has worked flawlessly. I also had my issues with the Thor 33sw. When I first got it, it had a few bugs to work out. The main problems I had were not knowing how things worked. When you start engine you get a beeping noise from the automatic leveler. The control panels sometimes jams. Press enter and retract at the same time and it will reset. Also there are are two reset breakers that can fix a slew of electrical problems. One is in the battery compartment by the stairs. It is on left side and is yellow. If this trips all you have to do is push the yellow clip down. There is a red button that test it and trips it. In the bedroom under the bed in the compartment where the water pump is. This is a computer board with a black button (very tiny) that will trip sometimes. press it in and it will click. This will also reset some electrical issues. I also had an injector fail on my ford v8 diesel engine at 4500 miles. That is crazy but it was fixed under warranty. Other than that this engine has all the power to do any task. I love this engines power. All and all it is hard to beat all that you get with this unit.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #24

THOR #12501
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Does anyone know where to get these window brackets as I have attached in the pictures? I have had several of these break, and need new ones. Currently, I have my shades tied up with welding wire.

While I had it all apart, I noticed that these day/night shades are very heavy. The shade over my dining unit is about 4-5' long and held up with just two of these brackets. Even when they are not broken, the shade bends even when sitting still. Also, I noted each bracket is held in by only one screw, and since the screws are simply run into the wallboard, they are stripped and really not doing much. I resolved this by putting in three screws with proper anchors, but I want to put more than two brackets on the heavy blinds, so I'll need extras when I replace the broken ones.

I don't know why the lack of quality continues to surprise me.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #25

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
If you call Irvine shade in Indiana, they will send you replacement brackets for free. My dinette shade fell while driving (broken plastic in bracket). Called them and they sent me six brackets, three to install (added an extra one for assurance) and three as a spare. For as heavy as the large shades are, the stressed plastic in the bracket (spring loaded) is sure to break somewhere down the road.

http://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com/pr...roller-shades/
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #26

Model: 31W
State: North Carolina
THOR #15064
Window Roll Up Shades

Good morning all. As I read through these posts regarding the window shade brackets, I am apparently late to the party. I own a 2018 Thor Chateau 31W, and I have a shade that isn't working correctly and am trying remove it to either replace the shade, or install a spring-tension curtain rod. My question is, how do you get to the the shade out from underneath the valance? Where are the brackets? Does the valance have to come off? I see the lower mounting screws on the bottom of the valance, but cannot see the upper mounts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and a video would be even greater! Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:52 PM   #27

Model: Vegas
State: California
THOR #12387
Shade Removal

I have a 2018 Thor Vegas and can't figure out how to remove my roller shades either. Two of the six will not stay down and roll up on their own. All I've seen is posts regarding replacements. This wont do me much good if I cant get the old ones out without breaking everything off the wall. I've tried adjusting to no avail.