Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #23874
window vibration

i have a 2020 Magnitude BH35 has anyone else had a problem with the dinette windows vibrating and making noise going down the road

Old 08-11-2021, 09:47 PM   #2

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
i have a 2020 Magnitude BH35 has anyone else had a problem with the dinette windows vibrating and making noise going down the road
Yes. Had the problem right after we purchased ours last year. You need to contact Thor they have a redesigned window to replace them with.
Oh wait you have a BH35 mine is an XG32, not sure if it's the same window.
Post a pic of your windows.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:51 PM   #3

THOR #4243
Here is a pic of mine before Thor replaced them. The 2 tall windows at the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new rv.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	32739  
Old 08-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #4

THOR #23874
not sure how to post pictures but thats the type of window

i think they call them frame less they just vibrate when there is a cross breeze
Old 08-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Brittany Braun <bbraun@tmcrv.com>
Warranty Support <wsupport@tmcrv.com>
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #6

State: Idaho
THOR #24577
We have a 2022 Magnitude SV34. We are waiting on CW to address the same issue with front dinette windows.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #7

THOR #23874
Really seems to be when there is a strong cross wind sounds like its about ready to take flight contacted Thor all they said was to take it to the dealer and not real happy with the dealer and the past reponses i have gotten on other issues
Old 08-24-2021, 03:16 AM   #8

THOR #4243
They replaced mine with the new design window last year. The glass was so long that air passing over the side of the coach would pull the glass out in the center, it would only pull out so far then snap back, it would happen real fast and it was annoying.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #9

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
They replaced mine with the new design window last year. The glass was so long that air passing over the side of the coach would pull the glass out in the center, it would only pull out so far then snap back, it would happen real fast and it was annoying.
I've looked at some pictures and don't see what the change was. I looked at your profile and see you hav e a 2020, mine is a 2021 and haven't noticed what you describe in noise or vibration. By the design I can see that happening if the windows are not closed tightly though.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #10

THOR #23874
we have closed the window and have turned it as far a we can afraid we are going to break it
Old 08-25-2021, 04:17 AM   #11

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I've looked at some pictures and don't see what the change was. I looked at your profile and see you hav e a 2020, mine is a 2021 and haven't noticed what you describe in noise or vibration. By the design I can see that happening if the windows are not closed tightly though.
Your 2021 has the new design windows over the dinette. The old design was a full length window that hinged at the top. The new design the upper portion (not sure of the width) 8-10" is fixed and the lower window hinges on the bottom of the upper fixed window.

The windows were closed tightly, the air passing over the coach would pull the window out in the center, the top did not move nor the bottom.
I have a thread on it with pictures and possibly the video of it happening, I sent the video too Thor.
We used the coach the rest of the year and took it in to have the windows replaced in November. To keep the windows from fluttering the wind I taped them over on the outside and put 2 big suction cups inside to keep it from happening and by the end of the season the tape had been pulled and the 2 suctions cups broke.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:36 PM   #12

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #20809
yes, have same issue 2021 Mag.

I have consistent vibration from both the door and the windows. My door vibrates so much that you can actually see light around the top as it pulls away. Thor is replacing the door under warranty next month. For the window(s) I added a strip of felt tape I bought from amazon. This seems to have done the trick for me.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:17 PM   #13

State: North Carolina
THOR #16716
I have a 2020 Chateau 31W, and they had to replace both dinette windows. like you've said, the relative wind passing over those 2 (& too) tall windows when driving down the road caused them to buffet continually. they replaced with with frameless windows, as were the originals, but double-paned, which stiffened them up considerably. not perfect but much better then single-paned and it basically solved the problem.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #14

Model: XG-32
State: Texas
THOR #19089
Window leakage

My 2020 has been replaced and the new window is just as bad. The repair place told me to leave the suction cup on it to keep it from leaking. I am not sure what they are going to do.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:56 PM   #15

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by XG32owner View Post
My 2020 has been replaced and the new window is just as bad. The repair place told me to leave the suction cup on it to keep it from leaking. I am not sure what they are going to do.
Obvious Thor's "wind tunnel test"??? wasn't over 15mph. I'm going to have her watch the windows on this trip to see if there is any vibration and buffeting on mine. I haven't heard anything yet except the normal motorhome of squeaks and rattles. Dining/booth table has a bunch so I'm going to try more lubrication today.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:16 PM   #16

THOR #16716
you might want to examine the "replacement", frameless window they put in.
if it isn't double paned, separated by about 1/4 gap, then the "replacement" is improper. the double paned, with separation, is much stiffer then a single pane, new or replacement. it's simple physics.
be sure it isn't just a duplicate of the original window!
Old 08-30-2021, 11:30 PM   #17

THOR #4243
My original windows over the dinette were a one piece glass from top to bottom. The new replacement windows are 2 piece, the top portion is stationary above the black bar in the picture, the lower pivots out.
Since having the new windows installed last fall the problem went away. Now before having these 2 piece windows installed, Thor replaced both windows with the same one piece, maybe they thought I had faulty windows to start with, but the problem was still there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new window 3.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	33221  
Old 08-31-2021, 01:06 AM   #18

THOR #16716
i think the 2 pc replacements they gave you might actually work better then the double paned ones they gave me. but i'm content with mine. i'm glad to see they finally put some thought into those tall windows, that are in the slipstream, a little further then just the way they looked sitting still.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:23 AM   #19

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Obvious Thor's "wind tunnel test"??? wasn't over 15mph. I'm going to have her watch the windows on this trip to see if there is any vibration and buffeting on mine. I haven't heard anything yet except the normal motorhome of squeaks and rattles. Dining/booth table has a bunch so I'm going to try more lubrication today.
On your table squeaks, check all the mounting hardware, including where it mounts too the wall, mine were all loose, which was better than the usual alternative, over tightened and stripped out.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:58 AM   #20
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
Ours do the same. It utilizes a type of lock mounted in the center that just turns back and forth to lock/unlock. The issue is, is that it unlocks from the vibration, causing the the window to rattle. We bought a thin profile spring loaded curtain rod and pressed in between the frame and the window at the very bottom so not too visible to keep it from rattling. Works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-In...0400285&sr=8-6