Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2023, 01:01 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Wow. After $1000 deposit we flew in.
Pickup at airport.
Cold water.
MH with our name on it.
Everything running. Anything we found fixed right away.
Drove off
It was 7 years ago but we had an excellent experience. Found what I wanted on line and sent them a $1,000 deposit. A week later we drove 606 miles to Fort Worth to sped a day with an old guy I used to fly with. The next morning we were to MHSRV to meet with Mitch Bennett. We spent most of the day touring other coaches in the $75,000 to $130,000 price range. At the end of the day, we decided to buy the original coach. After a night in the motel adjacent dealership, we arranged for the bank to wire the money to MHSRV. About 2 pm, we moved into our new RV in the delivery barn with a water and electricity. The next day, we drove the car back to Camping World in Fort Worth to buy the food and necessities for the trip back to KY and to arrange for a U-Haul dolly. Meanwhile Mitch arranged for a drop and ball to be installed in the hitch.
We had discovered the coach was still winterized and the electric part of the water heated did not work, so it was fixed while we were shopping. Matt and the delivery tech came by about 3pm to check on us. I asked if we could go to the dump station, so I could check out the waste system. The four of us unhooked and stowed everything and I drove tentatively to the dump station. Matt talked me through the dump procedures and procedure using the tank flush system; while the tech explained where everything was located in the coach as my DW recorded it. A short trip to get the dolly and we went to bed early.

The next day we were off to Mt View, AR and Ozark RV Park. After a week, we arrived back home in KY. The coach has only spent two weeks a an RV dealer's lot to repair a collision with a tree nursery's tractor trailer. Other than that it has been trouble free.

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 01:12 AM   #42

State: Texas
THOR #24216
Mitch Bennett is still with MHSRV.
Old 07-30-2023, 01:23 PM   #43

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #30293
Sorry for yet another question .... So this is those of you with the SV34 floor plan. have you found structural issues with your coach. I don't care if you have a Hemphill Bros coach somedays stuff just happens.. water leaks etc. I cant tell ya how many tour buses in my production days had issues ( only difference was i was the passenger LOL) have ya had structural issues with the coach? The 600 chassis seems to have brought some additional strength to the platform... but above that Literally.
Old 07-30-2023, 01:27 PM   #44
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurtz502@gmail.com View Post
Sorry for yet another question .... So this is those of you with the SV34 floor plan. have you found structural issues with your coach. I don't care if you have a Hemphill Bros coach somedays stuff just happens.. water leaks etc. I cant tell ya how many tour buses in my production days had issues ( only difference was i was the passenger LOL) have ya had structural issues with the coach? The 600 chassis seems to have brought some additional strength to the platform... but above that Literally.
Bunch of posts about front cab separation
Old 07-30-2023, 02:22 PM   #45

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurtz502@gmail.com View Post
The chassis brought about an increase in OCCC but beyond that the house side construction wasn't affected. In other words, no improvement.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote