Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo Boy View Post
Update: Fixed! The neutral lead came off the back of the plug on the side of the coach. Everything works as it should!

Thank you all very much for your help!

That is why I said:

You should see 110V on each leg coming into the ATS (red to white and then black to white....

If you don't see voltage at the input of the shore power into the ATS, then you need to check for voltage at the female connector on your shore power cable next. If you have voltage at the female connector of your shore power cable, then check the connector on the coach and wiring up to the ATS.

Glad you got it fixed!

Old 11-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #22

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #22744
Yes you called it! That’s exactly what it was.

Didn’t I read somewhere that you did a lithium upgrade?
Old 11-03-2021, 12:25 PM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
So we just disassembled the power box at the RV park. The on-site electrician did and power, polarity etc is correct.

I borrowed his volt meter and went inside and I have 120 volts coming into the shore power relay. I have the same coming out of the portable inline surge protector obviously.

I just installed the new ATS as mentioned.

I really feel like it’s something silly.

If I manually push the shore power relay in, you hear it energize and the camper gets 110v but the converter never turns on.

I’m really stumped here.
Quote:
Update: Fixed! The neutral lead came off the back of the plug on the side of the coach. Everything works as it should!

Thank you all very much for your help!
How'd you measure 120 volts if you had an open neutral?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #24

State: California
THOR #22744
All 3 leads had 115 volts. Didn’t occur to me at the time that it wasn’t correct.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #25

THOR #12751
Quote:
Yes you called it! That’s exactly what it was.

Didn’t I read somewhere that you did a lithium upgrade?
That is correct...... You can start reading about it starting with post #56...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...e-26210-3.html
Old 11-19-2021, 05:40 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 19G
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16114
We have a little Chateau 19G and that was acting similarly. After much searching and testing it ended being a bad 40 amp fuse. We couldn’t tell by looking at it but we found it as we started at the top of our list the second time..

Good luck.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:09 PM   #27

State: Arizona
THOR #24995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I think you mean Converter and not Inverter. The Omni / Magnitude come with a Converter / Charger and not an Inverter / Charger. The Inverter should be a Xantrex Freedom X 2000.

First and foremost.... is the Use / Store Switch in the "Use" position? When plugged into shore power the switch will still light up red.... even when it is in the "Store" position. If it is in the "Store" position, the house batteries will not charge.

The easiest way to make sure that switch is in the "Use" position is that house battery voltage should be 13-14V when plugged into Shore Power or running the generator and the Converter breaker is on and it is functioning properly. The other option is unplug the Shore Power Cable and if the house batteries aren't dead, the switch should be lit up red and you should have your 12V lights in the coach.

Now your AC Breaker Box will (at least should) have a breaker that is labeled "Converter". If it is off or tripped, the house batteries will not charge. I believe that is a 20A breaker (don't have access to my Magnitude).

The breaker for the AC input to the Inverter is typically labeled as "TV Receptacles". That is because the wiring is such that the AC goes into the Inverter input and then the Inverter output goes to the TV, Fridge, etc. That is a 15A breaker.

Now there are also two 40A fused on the Converter itself that are reverse polarity protection. If the house battery cables got reversed by accident, those fuses will blow and need to be replaced to get the Converter functioning again.
Just catching up reading posts I haven't followed and came across the statement in bold print. In my OMNI 32 I've tried to disconnect the batteries using the switch while plugged in and it immediately seems to reengage itself. If not plugged in to shore power it stays disconnected.
I never thought much about it until reading the statement above .
Do I have an issue?
Old 11-20-2021, 04:06 PM   #28

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamokadave View Post
Just catching up reading posts I haven't followed and came across the statement in bold print. In my OMNI 32 I've tried to disconnect the batteries using the switch while plugged in and it immediately seems to reengage itself. If not plugged in to shore power it stays disconnected.
I never thought much about it until reading the statement above .
Do I have an issue?

When plugged into Shore Power, the light will still be lit red when you change the switch to Store. The house batteries ARE disconnected but the Converter is providing 12V to power the house. However, the house batteries will not be charging. You can verify this by observing the house battery voltage when you change the switch between Use and Store.