Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Sewer Hose Storage

So neither end fittings on both of my hoses are removable so they do not fit into the Thor Sequence storage location. If you can remove fitting on one end you may be able to get hose into the storage location as long as its no longer than 24 inches as that is how far back the tube goes. My 5' hose was a bit longer than 24" compressed, but I guess if you removed the end fitting you might get it to fit. Only thing is then you have to figure out how to put the fitting back on and where do you keep it in mean time?

Old 04-27-2021, 10:20 PM   #42

State: Alabama
THOR #23075
So.... If the picture you provided is showing the 4 inch PVC sewer storage, as I labelled, is it possible that the 4 inch can be cut and an elbow and extra length added ?
By the way is that 4 inch ID (standard) or 4 1/2" ID (custom) on that pipe ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-27-2021 4-06-59 PM.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	30083  
Old 04-28-2021, 12:54 AM   #43

THOR #22979
Sewer Hose Storage

I measure the Inside Diameter of the white pvc pipe for Sewer Hose Storage at 3 7/8 inches. Its hard to measure accurately but it is definitely a little less than 4 inches. I guess it could be 4" nominal pvc pipe which has an ID of 3.998.

As to cutting and adding another section. There really is very little room in that area to do much. The current pipe opening into the little hatch section is limited to current size. The pipe actually goes in for maybe 6 inches then transitions upward to another straight section. This "kink" in the current pipe is to route it over the top of a Truma furnace duct section that heads toward the front. I will add a picture that might show a better view.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:06 AM   #44

THOR #22979
Sewer Hose Storage

Here is a picture of the pipe showing it comes in and then jogs up over the Truma duct.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1312.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	30092  
Old 04-28-2021, 02:05 AM   #45

THOR #23075
I guess if there is no way to turn the pipe further toward the back and extend it, then not worth pursuing.
Thanks for the picture.
Old 04-28-2021, 10:45 AM   #46

THOR #22979
Sewer Hose Storage

Unfortunately there is no room to the rear for the pipe. The area under the bed is packed with things. Here a couple more pictures of the under bed situation. The Truma sits in the middle section and has multiple vent tubes going to back and front.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1305.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	30095   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1306.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	30096  

Old 04-28-2021, 10:51 AM   #47

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Have you looked at the following type of sewer hose. You can remove all the connections leaving a smooth hose that will slip into most sewer hose storage locations.

https://www.amazon.com/Prest-Fit-1-0...02NFF50U&psc=1

Bob
Old 04-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #48

THOR #22979
Sewer Hose Storage

Bob
Thanks for sharing. I had not seen that before. It would seem that might work for storing hose in existing storage hole. Still need to figure a place to store the end pieces. I guess you could put those inside in the storage area in a sealed container to keep from contaminating and smelling up the inside. My goal was to not store any of the sewer stuff inside. This might be a reasonable compromise.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:50 AM   #49

THOR #23075
I heard of the suggestion of the Prest-O-Fit, but in the last few years have seen many bad reviews, as the ends use a taper to snug fit, and some had cracking ends recently, which to me is a tad risky.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:58 AM   #50

State: Florida
THOR #22666
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorlo View Post
I heard of the suggestion of the Prest-O-Fit, but in the last few years have seen many bad reviews, as the ends use a taper to snug fit, and some had cracking ends recently, which to me is a tad risky.
I actually just order one and am going to try it out this weekend. I first ordered the heavier duty, orange one, but it wasn't flexible enough to get into the storage area. Now I have the grey one, which will fit, but durability is questionable.

So disappointed in Thor about this. Wish I knew before I dropped $85K.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:45 AM   #51
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLee View Post
...It would seem that might work for storing hose in existing storage hole. Still need to figure a place to store the end pieces. I guess you could put those inside in the storage area in a sealed container to keep from contaminating and smelling up the inside...
If you store them inside a couple of large freezer bags: they should be sealed-up and safe...,
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:07 AM   #52

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
If you store them inside a couple of large freezer bags: they should be sealed-up and safe...,
Just spray them off good. They won’t stink up anything. Spray the hose out good and off. It won’t stink either . In 35 years I’ve never had a stink problem.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:54 PM   #53

THOR #23075
Hi TellaroJeff - now that you have the blue Prest-o-Fit, what do you think of the quality, tightness of fit, can they accidentally be kicked apart, or will the first discharge from the black water knock them apart, and do you have to pull both ends and only store the hose in the chassis hole ?
Is the fit done because of a slight taper only, no extra o-ring ?
What did you get and what is the longest you think will fit in the hole ?
Old 05-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #54

State: California
THOR #22315
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3342 View Post
Just got my first RV and have some questions.

The sewer hose storage area is simply not big enough to hold a standard (or any) size hose. How the Thor engineers screwed this up I have NO IDEA. The flanges on either end of a standard hose is simply too large to fit into the tube. Ridiculous. I'm open to ideas, but storing a sewer hose inside the camper is NOT an option.

The van came with a new water filter (a white cylinder shaped filter about 14" long). I have NO idea where it goes and none of the documentation shows where it goes either. Anyone know?

I have more questions - but will post them separately.

Thanks!
James
the water filter goes into the housing on under the driver's side bed. If you lift up the mattress you'll see a 8" by 8" section near the sink area that lifts up. There you'll see the water system valve and plumbing and the white housing for the filter. You'll need a strap wrench to get it off. Good luck - it took me four hours to find this spot and another two hours to figure out to get it opened. It's a very very tight fit!
Old 05-02-2021, 05:01 PM   #55

THOR #23075
So can I presume that this filter is only for pumped water from the fresh water tank, not for city water ?
...and it should have come with a wrench.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5-2-2021 11-06-02 AM.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	30201  
Old 05-02-2021, 06:38 PM   #56

State: California
THOR #22315
the wrench is for the outside sewer connection

I add another external filter when using city water or filling up the internal tank. Not sure if the internal filter is used for city water - I suspect it does when looking at the plumbing at least into the kitchen sink - but not sure. The white wrench might also loosen the water filter housing but it's impossible to get around the housing given the tight space. I bought a strap wrench on Amazon for this purpose. FYI - all of the above took advice was provided by others!
Old 05-02-2021, 11:22 PM   #57

THOR #22666
It worked perfectly. Fits in storage space, attachments went on and off easily. No leaks. Only one use so far, but I think I finally have a solution.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:51 PM   #58

THOR #23075
Hello TellaroJeff;
What length Prest-o-Fit sewer hose did you get ?
Did you have to remove both ends to store it ?
Did you get the elbow or straight end for attaching to the vehicle ?
Thanks.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:09 PM   #59

THOR #22666
I got the 10 foot with the elbow for the sewer and the other for attaching to the rig.

I did not need to remove the ends to store and I keep the two attachments in a zip lock.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:31 PM   #60

THOR #23075
Can you provide a dimension from the center of black water cap to the ground ?
Would you maybe prefer the straight fitting at the vehicle ?