Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2021, 01:46 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #21866
2021Sequence no water from pump

Hello everyone. This is our first trip out and I had water when I had a hose plugged in, but I am getting nothing from the pump with 2/3 full tank. Any ideas as to why? The pump runs, but no water.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:40 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
I have no direct experience with a Sequence so I'll answer with general RV/Thor possibilities.

Have you verified by sight the water level in your FW tank? Remote indicators can lie - more on grey and black tanks than FW tanks though.

Have you checked to make sure there are no isolation valves closed to/from the pump?

Some RVs have an "Anderson" valve that has to be turned from one position to another to either use shore water or tank water or to fill the FW tank.

Finally, there should be strainer on the suction side of the pump in a clear plastic dome. It may be clogged with left over bits of plastic and other construction debris.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 05:44 AM   #3

Model: Vegas Windsport Chateau C
State: Texas
THOR #14643
2021 Chateau

Water from city water but not from pump
I would check the filter
If there is an elbow before the pump the clog could be there also
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E55E5DE4-4F63-4710-88D0-34862162F617.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	29189   Click image for larger version

Name:	1587F1B5-FCE8-4A7D-9AA9-A1722D747191.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	29190  

Old 03-19-2021, 12:19 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
If your model has a wet bay(not sure if it does on the Sequence), check the water valve to be sure it is on normal and not city water. You might want to check the water filter near the water pump for debris blocking it.

Paul
Old 03-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #5

THOR #21866
Thank you all for response. I verified the water tank is full. I have checked the manual and around the entire van and I do not see any valve to switch from city to RV. I have also checked the screen in the site glass and even tried priming the pump by filling water into the site glass. I do question why there is no valve to switch between city and tank because you would think the pressure from city water would just backfill the tank if there is no valve. The thing is I could swear it was working but it might have been pressure from the city water.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
The pump has an integrated check valve so there should not be any backflow to fill the FW tank if it's working correctly. The Anderson valve is usually on higher end class As and if you had one you normally would not have a gravity fill for the FW tank as that is one of the functions of the multi-purpose valve.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #7

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
With all the faucets closed run the water pump to see if it builds pressure and shuts off. If it runs and runs then you are sucking air on the pump inlet side. This happened to me twice. First time the strainer basket had a hairline crack in it due to being too tight. The second time the gasket in the strainer basket wasn’t sealing - I put two turns of Teflon tape around the strainer threads and it sealed long enough to finish our trip. Those two scenarios are easy to check.

The other time I had the pump malfunction. Those shards of plastic in the strainer basket got by the strainer and jammed the internal pump bypass valve open. Pump wouldn’t stop running. The pump is pretty simple to take apart and clear the shards stuck in the small bypass ports.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #8

THOR #21866
Thank you. I will check. Thor told me there was a bypass valve at the fresh water tank. When I turned the valve all my water drained to the ground. Lol. I will have to fill the tank again to check later. I appreciate everyone's responses.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Thank you. I will check. Thor told me there was a bypass valve at the fresh water tank. When I turned the valve all my water drained to the ground. Lol. I will have to fill the tank again to check later. I appreciate everyone's responses.

Well that wasn’t the bypass valve then. It was the drain valve. If you fill your tank through the city water supply by opening a valve that lets water flow from your hook up to the tank (as opposed to a gravity fill) then you need to be sure that valve is closed when you want to use your pump and onboard water.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
There has to be a valve that allows you the choice of a City Water connection; or accessing your freshwater tank's supply...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1616175324
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What He Said....jpg
Views:	113
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	29193  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:26 PM   #11

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Looking at the Thor video, it appears the Sequence has an exterior City Water connection and an exterior fresh water tank connection so there must be a valve to switch from one to the other. Try looking where the water storage tank is located or under the sink(if there is a cabinet) or along the interior driver side where the water connections are located on the outside. It might also be near the actual water pump. If you have a dinette, look under or inside any cabinets where the dinette is located.

Paul
Old 03-23-2021, 12:47 AM   #12

Model: Sequence 20L
State: Washington
THOR #21536
On my Sequence there is no valve to turn to go from City water to tank water. If I am connected to city water, I don't have to use the pump - I just turn on the taps at the bathroom or sink to use. And ALWAYS be sure ALL of your faucets are CLOSED/OFF before you turn on the city water.... Won't make that mistake again. LOL.

If I fill the water tank, (which is a separate fill port on the side of the van - NOT the city water port) then I turn on the pump and the water works. No switching or turning of any valve.

I'm a total beginner on all of this and the Sequence is my first RV - so I hope I can offer some insight and experience from someone else with your exact van.

James
Old 03-23-2021, 02:07 AM   #13

THOR #21866
Thank you everyone. I learned a lot. Yes there is a check valve so when I have city water on it will not fill my tank as another had said. Also the dealer never finished prepping the vehicle so they did not have the valve after the tank by the antifreeze port turned on. That was the main issue. All things were still full of antifreeze. So now I know where the dump valve is, lower drain valves and cut off valve for winterizing. All in all it was a good experience because I got to get quite acquainted with her. I was tentative about pulling all the covers off on a new rig, but that honeymoon period is over and we are very intimate now.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:35 PM   #14

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I have the Thor Tellaro which is the same RV ... there are two separate systems. When the city water is hooked up, there is no need to turn on the water pump as the city water pressure is enough (very important to have a pressure regulator). The tank fill is a separate system and when the overfill starts leaking out ... the tank is full. You need to goto your electronic control panel and turn on the water pump for the RV to pull from the tank with the water pump.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:14 PM   #15

State: Washington
THOR #26212
Im curious if you ever figured it out? I have a 2022 tellaro and I'm having the same issues. Fresh water tank is filled but gauge says 3/4 full. I get water out the faucet when hooked to city water but none when I am disconnected and have water pump on. All valves are open as far as I can find them.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:13 PM   #16

THOR #21866
Hi, Yes I did. The dealer did not do what they said they did. They never flushed the system and therefore they never had the valve open for the water to flow. The system was still full of antifreeze and the filter wasn't installed. It was not ready to be used.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:14 PM   #17

THOR #21866
On mine the water pump, bypass valve and pump were under the bed by the sink.