Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2022, 09:28 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennC View Post
I might be able to go into the Dodge/Ram Dealership when they have a ProMaster 3500 passenger Van in stock and take a picture of what the engine looked like before TMC modification and kinda reverse engineer what they did.
Did you notice your photo shows the lower hose tucked in close behind the belt. The photo Chance has the lower pipe comes out in-between the belt and goes up to the top of the engine, That should work for you, all you need are the RAM parts

Old 08-03-2022, 10:17 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Looking closer at picture Glenn posted earlier on page one, it looks like they may have added a second drive belt for the new alternator. It’s hard for me to see clearly, but it looks like Thor added a drive pulley outboard of the OEM serpentine belt to drive the new alternator. I thought I read in an earlier post that they added a longer serpentine belt replacing the original that also powered the second alternator, but now I question what they added?
Old 08-03-2022, 10:38 PM   #43

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: Oklahoma
THOR #26690
Thank you for the picture. That is how the engine is mounted in the vehicle, all the pulleys and belt facing left when you open the hood. I agree that TMC would have ownership of anything the modify, not Dodge/Ram
Old 08-04-2022, 02:06 AM   #44

THOR #26690
Thanks Chance for the feedback. I am in Cape Cod and the vehicle is in my driveway in Tulsa, OK so I can’t verify if there is a second belt. It appeared to be one belt and Thor has indicated they would be replacing the serpentine belt as part of the fix. Part of the hose configurations in the photo you provided looks different than what I have now?
Old 08-04-2022, 02:13 AM   #45

THOR #26690
Bill that is an interesting observation. I wonder if they routed the hose on the wrong side of the belt? It is hard to say but I know it was not the stock hose that came with engine, the manual showed a Mopar lower radiator hose configuration and the current hose is a different OEM brand and size.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:22 PM   #46

THOR #20274
Quote:
Bill that is an interesting observation. I wonder if they routed the hose on the wrong side of the belt? It is hard to say but I know it was not the stock hose that came with engine, the manual showed a Mopar lower radiator hose configuration and the current hose is a different OEM brand and size.
I have a 32 inch monitor and I only see one belt. I could be wrong. The other engine has a heater pipe and lower radiator hose pipe sticking out past the crankshaft pulley, I think it would work
Old 08-04-2022, 01:48 PM   #47

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I have a 32 inch monitor and I only see one belt. I could be wrong. The other engine has a heater pipe and lower radiator hose pipe sticking out past the crankshaft pulley, I think it would work

It seems Pentastar V6 have serpentine belt routed approximately 180 degrees around crankshaft drive pulley, with belt going almost straight up on each side of drive pulley.

On the picture Glenn posted earlier, it looks to me like Thor added a second pulley further out on crankshaft (out beyond OEM pulley though I could be wrong). I’m looking at iPad Mini.

I marked Glenn’s picture with red arrow showing what I think is the original serpentine belt location. The original belt can only be seen on the pulley in that picture if I’m seeing it correctly. That’s not to say the original serpentine belt may not have been modified also in area beyond picture, but to me it looks like there are two belts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB68ED94-B21D-484C-AB07-88C47D68A18D.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	39013  
Old 08-04-2022, 02:03 PM   #48

THOR #2121
P.S. — Notice than on Pentastar V6 the serpentine belt routes the same around crankshaft pulley even when factory alternator is mounted in different location. Second picture is from different vehicle. Regardless, belt goes straight up on either side of crankshaft pulley in order to get enough wrap, otherwise it would slip too easily. Glenn’s picture would not be consistent with this if there was only one belt in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8787C996-CBA4-41A7-ABED-07EDEED48E8A.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	39014   Click image for larger version

Name:	92C307AA-F0CC-40EB-9DB4-35BAA705516A.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	39015  

Old 08-04-2022, 02:21 PM   #49

THOR #26690
I have another picture which might help. It does look like the pulley has been extended to allow re-route of radiator hose? The second Altenator/Generator is mounted in front of the factory Altenator towards the grill. Could be why they extended the pulley to grab the second Altenator which was independently mounted . It also looks like all of the pulleys are not black metal like your factory picture instead they are unfinished metal. Could they have lengthened and swapped all of them?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	39017  
Old 08-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #50

THOR #26690
Only the tensioner looks original. Chance your factory picture does not show the hoses attached. I wonder if Dodge/Ram had them originally routed past the belt and up instead of inside the belt?
Old 08-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #51

THOR #20274
Quote:
Only the tensioner looks original. Chance your factory picture does not show the hoses attached. I wonder if Dodge/Ram had them originally routed past the belt and up instead of inside the belt?
I think your right Thor moved the pulleys out, just not far enough
Old 08-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #52

THOR #2121
Quote:
I have another picture which might help. It does look like the pulley has been extended to allow re-route of radiator hose? The second Altenator/Generator is mounted in front of the factory Altenator towards the grill. Could be why they extended the pulley to grab the second Altenator which was independently mounted . It also looks like all of the pulleys are not black metal like your factory picture instead they are unfinished metal. Could they have lengthened and swapped all of them?

Your latest picture showing more of the installation matches the second alternator kit for ProMaster made by Nations. Notice caption shows 2014-2021 ProMaster. You can see the two added idlers plus the tensioner in the location one would expect. They offer different alternator sizes, but I expect mounting is very similar to one shown in picture below.

I’d start by calling Nations and asking them if same kit works on 2022 ProMaster.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	75A7A76D-0AA2-42F2-A1E4-06D454F70884.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	39023  
Old 08-04-2022, 06:02 PM   #53

THOR #26690
I also noticed on your photo that I says for “lithium Batteries” as well. It looks a bit different but it does look like the radiator hose is tucked in behind the belt,
Old 08-04-2022, 07:10 PM   #54

THOR #26690
Thank you all Thorforum posters. I wanted everyone to know that Thor Motor Corp. did contact me directly to follow up specifically because of our input on this Forum. It was an additional person from customer support who reached out to me (other than the warranty department I have been working with) based solely on our posts. Thor does care about their customers and at the end of the day they do stand behind their products. This person is another individual working on helping to resolve this problem from Thor. Thanks to everyone. I still value all of your input on potential modifications regardless moving forward. Still not out of the woods.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:48 PM   #55

Model: Axis
State: Prince Edward Island
THOR #7239
Tellaro 2022 hose

Hi,

After reading all the post I checked my Tellaro 2022. I notice they put a “protection” around the hose. I can put my little finger between the belt and the hose. Hoping that it will be enough … ; )
Old 08-06-2022, 07:55 PM   #56

THOR #26690
Thank you so much Gusti. Would it be possible to send a picture? I would be disappointed if Thor knew this was an issue and did not correct on it on my 2022 Tellaro and put me at risk for my engine seizing up. I was promised an update by yesterday for a molded hose fix from TMC, but I did not receive one. Hopefully I will get an update on the Fix on Monday.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:04 PM   #57

THOR #7239
Issue with hose and alternator belt: pics

Sure ! Here’s the hose protection.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	64CE6123-8887-4494-AEDC-FAF673D9C1F2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	39055  
Old 08-07-2022, 12:36 AM   #58

THOR #26690
Thank you so much for the picture! This is clearly not what they did with my vehicle. I don’t think I would have enough room with the clearance I currently have to add the additional diameter of the protective sleeve they added on your, but that is definitely a good approach to a fix. That was my additional thought on how to fix it and others on this thread of expressed similar types of a solution.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:43 AM   #59

Brand: Hymer
Model: Carado Banff
State: Minnesota
THOR #23006
This is the same problem us Roadtrek/Hymer guys are having and who bought them, well tried, Thor. Adam at Nations Starter in Cape Girardeau, MO designed and started the GU for Roadtrek and likely designed the GU for Thor. The below is hard plastic hose that moves the coolant hose away from the GU belt.

https://www.nationsstarteralternator...L-p/1641-5.htm

Everyone at Nations Starter are great to deal with and maybe able to help the Tellaro/Sequence van owners. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:10 PM   #60

THOR #7239
Hope the best for you !!