Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2021, 12:33 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
I am just not seeing any reason for not just going with AGM batteries with a generator ... but that is just me.
As stated a power need issue or you have the money
Our 30 year rv tech said use regular INTERSTATE batteries and 180w solar..we recently mostly dry camped for 45 days and batteries never drained and 3000w inverted used all the time

Old 09-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #22

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Michigan
THOR #23950
We wanted the lithium but it would have been a very long wait, so we decided to go with the generator version. I've since warmed up to the generator and don't regret getting it. It's very quiet as generators go and we haven't needed it when driving each day with the single alternator charging the house batteries, only when staying in one place with cloudy weather so not much solar gain. Among the many tradeoffs with batteries, the AGMs have the advantage (aside from being vastly cheaper obviously) that they work in cold weather without needing battery heaters. I honestly don't think there's a clear winner between the lithium vs generator versions, just a different balance of tradeoffs.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:32 PM   #23

Model: Tranquility 19P
State: Georgia
THOR #24703
Theoretically, the system makes sense. I like not having another motor and alternate fuel to worry about. Using the diesel motor from the van which is quiet and efficient plus the efficiency of the Lithium Battery(ies). But THEORY ain't worth a damn if doesn't work or I have continual problems with it. I bought this particular van sight unseen and would have taken either system. I just could not find a 4wd diesel within 1000 miles of my home so when this one came available, I grabbed it.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:23 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I owned a 2021 Tellaro with a generator, 200W solar panel, and AMG batteries ... it was great! The solar was able to run the refrigerator without ever starting the generator. The generator was supper quite and ran off of the gas tank ... why both with the lithium ... this system worked great
Old 09-11-2021, 11:20 PM   #25

State: Ontario
THOR #24828
Any more owner reviews / insights / etc on these so far? There are 3 sitting on a nearby lot… been waiting for someone to get a Winnebago Revel in as that was what we decided on, but these 3 Thor units are just sitting there. Trying to decide if a Thor in the hand is worth 2 Revels on back order

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2021, 12:30 AM   #26

THOR #22773
The 19L are sitting on lots because the layout are really not all that good. The 19P have a very different layout somewhat similar to the Revel and have some uniques features such as two position wetbath doors and the electric fold down seat. The 19P is the best layout in my opinion.
I just purchased the 19P myself and the price ... I have $80K (not including tax) left over (from the Revels price) ... that is a lot of upgrades.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:35 AM   #27

THOR #24828
Thanks for the reply!

I know either way we’ll be seeing some quality issues to fix during at least the early days of ownership. I guess we’ve been wondering if it’s worth waiting for a Revel which is more of a known quantity vs taking a chance on the new model Thor with much unknown, at least to us. First RV/Van, aside from a1975 VW Westy way back when

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2021, 08:19 PM   #28

Model: Tranquility 4x4
State: California
THOR #23670
Well my wife and I just got back from a 18 days cross country road trip with our Tranquility 19P and we are really happy with it. We love the refrigerator/freezer keeping our food nice and cool on just battery power.

Yes we too had some issues with the bed jack knife brackets being in the way, we just used some self inflatable sleeping pads.

We upgraded to a Yakima hitch swing storage box, which helped a lot.

We are also new to RVing, but by the second week, I think we have it down.

The van is a conversation piece, a lot people in the mid west have never seen one before and were amazed by what the Tranquility has to offer.

Thx for reading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_064427.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	33597Click image for larger version

Name:	20210830_202926.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	33599
Old 09-13-2021, 11:56 PM   #29

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Wow nice pictures...did you guys cook a meal in your new home?
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #30

Model: Tranquility 19P
State: Georgia
THOR #24703
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMarRVing View Post
Well my wife and I just got back from a 18 days cross country road trip with our Tranquility 19P and we are really happy with it. We love the refrigerator/freezer keeping our food nice and cool on just battery power.

Yes we too had some issues with the bed jack knife brackets being in the way, we just used some self inflatable sleeping pads.

We upgraded to a Yakima hitch swing storage box, which helped a lot.

We are also new to RVing, but by the second week, I think we have it down.

The van is a conversation piece, a lot people in the mid west have never seen one before and were amazed by what the Tranquility has to offer.

Thx for reading.

Attachment 33597Attachment 33599

Thanks for your post. A few questions: Do you have a generator or the lithium package? Do you have a spare tire and if so, how do you carry it?
Does your Thule swing out box allow you to open both rear doors?
Thanks in advance!
Charlie
Old 09-15-2021, 02:39 AM   #31

THOR #24828
Thanks for the reply!

Rig looks great! I'm interested in the Lithium upgrade option as well, and how that is functioning. Happy with build quality? I'm not very handy, so my fear with getting in to the RV world is not being able to handle whatever goes wrong first I don't want to keep that fear from getting us out in the world though.

Particularly now, it feels like a great time to go out and find some space.

Thanks for any input all!
Old 09-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #32

THOR #23670
Thanks for the replies, No Lithium package, just the standard solar and generator. As for the rear Yakima EXO Swing Hitch rack, yes it swings 90 degrees to allow the rear doors to fully open. No spare tire, but we have to roadside 24/7 package.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:12 PM   #33

THOR #23670
https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-review-2...ass-rvdt-1700/

Found this beauty for a lot more money. Thor now owns JaycoClick image for larger version

Name:	Jayco_Terrain11.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	34064
Old 04-18-2022, 10:50 PM   #34

THOR #25796
GOOD LUCK!

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...ary-27196.html

Tags
sanctuary