Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2023, 09:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #28935
22 Thor Tellaro 20KT

I recently bought a new Tellaro, 22 coach on a 21 Promaster chassis.

I was looking at the sewer line storage compartment, seems like it will be too small to hold a suitable hose with the length. So, I will have this unused area and I was wondering if any of you fellow owners have replaced the "sewer line" door/panel with something more useful?

Oh, and for you "KT" people. The bed, I am thinking this may be something I upgrade sooner than later, I worry about it's longevity and it's comfortability over time. I was thinking about a folding futon style frame or something like that..

Already bought the Sumos for front and back, just need to install them now.

Anyway, thanks for your time!

Old 03-03-2023, 01:12 AM   #2

State: Wisconsin
THOR #27874
Saw a Facebook post where they guy plumbed in outdoor hot/cold water.

I was thinking about taking out the tube on the inside, and jamming anther battery in the space and just cover the hole on the inside, leaving the door on the outside.

I went with one of those Voltare expanding sewer hose tubes, strapped to the bottom of the bike rack.
2023 Thor Tellaro 20L 200Amp Reliable -no generator
RonRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:03 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #24430
I have a 2021 KT. Let us know what you figure out for the bed. It’s a minor PITA, but I was willing to live with it in exchange for a refrigerator off the floor. We put down 2 yoga mats to keep from slipping between the cushions. Not the greatest, but acceptably comfortable.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM   #4

THOR #28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRM View Post
Saw a Facebook post where they guy plumbed in outdoor hot/cold water.

I was thinking about taking out the tube on the inside, and jamming anther battery in the space and just cover the hole on the inside, leaving the door on the outside.

I went with one of those Voltare expanding sewer hose tubes, strapped to the bottom of the bike rack.
I got one of those Voltare sewer hose tubes, or some equivalent form of it and mounted it underneath the van. I had to slightly modify the exhaust and heat shield but have it mounted under the van aligned with the OEM sewer tube location. I will take some pics when I get home from work.

I have a solid idea for the bed, haven't pulled the trigger yet, probably wait for the slow seaon.

I wanted to ask you about converting the old sewer hose storage for a external faucet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...OE3FVDYM&psc=1

I am looking to use this style faucet because it has the same quick connect that is on the rear of the 20K. But, I cannot seem to find a box(?) to put it in. I search for "external faucet hatch rv" and have not found anything worthwhile. I can find the combo faucet/hatch setups, but I can't seem to locate one with the same quick connect. And, surprisingly, it seems I can't find a suitable box that I can just put the separate faucet in DIY.

Long intro to question lol but: where is a good place to shop for the "hatch" and does it have a specific name that will make it easier for me to search?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2023, 12:50 PM   #5

THOR #28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteveTenSeven View Post
I have a 2021 KT. Let us know what you figure out for the bed. It’s a minor PITA, but I was willing to live with it in exchange for a refrigerator off the floor. We put down 2 yoga mats to keep from slipping between the cushions. Not the greatest, but acceptably comfortable.
Here is what I'm thinking about doing. The orientation will need to be rotated 90 degrees and I'm sure some slight mods will be needed as well. But I really am leaning in this direction.