I got a call from my local Thor dealer today and got the news that a 2021 AWD Compass had been delivered that morning. I made arrangements to see it and was able to spend 45 minutes looking it over and talking to the salesperson.
The rig I saw is a 23TE (Murphy bed) in the "Home Collection" interior.
In no particular order:
- The rig feels spacious with the slide out and had a light, airy feel to it
- The interior ceiling felt "far away" and not too low to me.
- There are a lot of lights in the coach, so it should be well-lit at night.
- All the cabinets had uniform gaps and reliable opening and closing.
- The bathroom is nicely sized and the shower was spacious (I'm 6"1" and 270#)
- The TV looks huge rising out of the cabinet next to the door!
- The door into the coach has a strunt at the bottom that limited opening to ~90 deg. No extra piece to put in place, drop, forget at a campsite, Etc!
- The couch was comfortable for the 20 minutes I sat on it.
- The round cover for the sink is lightweight and easy to pick up and remove.
- The microwave under the counter seemed very low to me.
- The refrigerator was a decent size.
- There is plenty of room at the foot of the bed when it's down.
- The battery box under the steps still has room in it with the stock Group 31.
- The addition of the physical buttons under the screen on the "Rapid Camp" means you can control lights and things without the touch screen.
- The dump valves have their own lighted area, can be accessed easily and the compartment has a floor (important for winter camping).
In the short time I had, I did not get all my questions answered and I did not drive the rig. I may go down tomorrow to check it out a bit more.
I did not talk price with the salesperson, so I still wonder if anyone is able to actually buy one for ~$80k.