Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2021, 11:33 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
Anyone tackled the "Wiggly Table" situation in a Gemini/Compass?

So, the table in my 2020 Gemini 23TW wiggles. A lot.

By Wiggle, I mean it wobbles from side to side a good 3/8" when it's up at its working height.

When I pointed it out to the dealer during the pre-PDI, they said they'd look at it.

During PDI, I was told they added some screws, but to me, it still wobbled.

I have not got down underneath and looked real close, but it seems like all of the joints and shafts have a fair amount of slop in them, and that all contributes to the wiggle.

For those unfamiliar, the table looks like this. I'll bet the same mounting system is found in a lot of Thor class C's as well.

Has anyone tackled this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_202101050307087013385792.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	28678  

Old 02-23-2021, 05:17 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Very odd as our table has a bunch of screws and is super sturdy. I wouldn't go standing on it or anything but it doesn't wobble at all.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:29 PM   #3

THOR #17688
I spent some quality time in our Gemini this weekend and got up close with the underside of the table.

In our case, the wobble seems to come from some slop and loose screws holding the table itself to the metal support bracket, way back almost at the wall of the dinette.

I tightened what I could and 90% of the wobble is gone and the table feels much more secure. We'll see how long it lasts.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:35 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to see that you beat back 90% of the issue.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:29 AM   #5

THOR #17688
Yeah, it's that last 10% that is almost straight up!
Old 05-10-2021, 03:44 PM   #6

Model: Delano 24tt
State: Virginia
THOR #19471
"wobbly table"

Bluestreak, I have the exact same issue with a Delano dinette table. Screws are all secure on the wall. Support mechanism is just weak and does indeed wobble, (and squeaks) and the front edge of the dinette table will not support ANY weight.

Bob, you've been helpful to me before. Any ideas on how to strengthen the table? Was thinking of installing a folding support leg on the front edge, but it would make getting in and out of the table difficult, and its not so great already.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:53 PM   #7

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetreak View Post
I spent some quality time in our Gemini this weekend and got up close with the underside of the table.

In our case, the wobble seems to come from some slop and loose screws holding the table itself to the metal support bracket, way back almost at the wall of the dinette.

I tightened what I could and 90% of the wobble is gone and the table feels much more secure. We'll see how long it lasts.
I bet if you remove the wood screws and add a good wood filler, follow the directions to let cure, and then put the screws back; it will be 100% and likely even stronger than OEM.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #8

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Check the bolts that connect the metal pieces all together. These are 1/4" machine bolts with ny-lock nuts. The bolts are about 1/8" too short to get the nylon at the end of the nut to lock effectively on mine. I had to tighten several of these. Next job is to get some bolts about 1/4" longer and replace but that is down the list a bit........
Old 05-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
i need to review and do the same "Support mechanism is just weak and does indeed wobble"
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote