Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-08-2021, 03:17 AM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
OP says she has done the 5 gallon bucket test so gauges are working. This in addition to eyeball test of saying it was full earlier.

Sounds like she may need some confirmation that her interpretation of Thor schematics is showing bath sink going to gray tank? Anyone with a Gemini 23TB that can confirm?

Oddly because I was on this site before I bought my Winnebago, I had assumed that bath sink was plumbed to black tank; so on one trip we were boondocking and the Gray tank was showing full, so we stop using the kitchen sink and the shower and only used the bath sink; and then we overflowed the gray tank So in out coach the bath sink is wired to gray tank like what Karen is saying so some Mfg / models think it is best?

Karen,
When you look at your drawing from Thor, is the toilet the ONLY thing plumbed to the Black tank? Please verify. When I got my drawing, I learned the outside kitchen sink is plumbed to the black tank, but it has a pump switch you must use to pump it into black tank.

I really find it hard to believe you can get 19 gals of BT affluent in 2-3 days with just two people if NOTHING but toilet is filling it? If it get to extreme, put a clip board, and track the # of flushes over a 2 or 3 day span. track the BT tank gauge reading with each flush. The mystery will soon be solved

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:54 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #25063
Black Tank flush button

Just purchased a thor outlaw toy hauler. Right above the port for the black water flush is a black toggle button. What us this for? Thanks
Old 10-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #43

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Maybe "TMI", but use the theory "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down".

19 gallons IS a pretty small tank... but you CAN stretch it if you're very careful. Use campground facilities for "tinkles" during daylight. If you get up at night (we do), don't flush until really needed. As Bob said, avoid using the bathroom sink. We don't use our bathroom sink AT ALL anymore. We sit a large pot in the kitchen sink for brushing teeth, use filtered water, then dump it outside.

Little tricks of the trade will keep you out traveling for longer periods without having to dump.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:28 PM   #44

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
The Gemini TX we had, was plumbed so the bathroom sink drained into the black tank. First couple of times out, I was somewhat perplexed at how quickly the black tank filled. Once I knew the BR sink drained into the black tank, we only used the BR sink very very lightly, and the kitchen sink a lot more. Problem solved, black tank would then regularly go 5 to 7 days before needing to be dumped. Not that big a deal once you make the necessary usage adjustments.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:54 PM   #45

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Major View Post
Just purchased a thor outlaw toy hauler. Right above the port for the black water flush is a black toggle button. What us this for? Thanks
Can you post a picture?