Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2023, 12:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: Minnesota
THOR #24809
BM Pro won’t adjust AC in auto mode

We have a 2022 Thor Tellaro 20L. The BM Pro works well. The AC works well. However, the AC temperature on the BM Pro is at 70 degrees and turns off when the temperature is 70 degrees and turns on when the temperature is 71 degrees. If I try to set the AC temperature to something else i.e. 71, 72, 73, etc. the temperature setting jumps back to 70 degrees. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Mike.

Old 07-11-2023, 12:53 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Nomad View Post
We have a 2022 Thor Tellaro 20L. The BM Pro works well. The AC works well. However, the AC temperature on the BM Pro is at 70 degrees and turns off when the temperature is 70 degrees and turns on when the temperature is 71 degrees. If I try to set the AC temperature to something else i.e. 71, 72, 73, etc. the temperature setting jumps back to 70 degrees. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Mike.
Exactly my case.
The phone app works 100%.
The AC software update works 100%.
Bmpro will email the instructions.
Also I have them for FREE send me a new plug in screen.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:00 AM   #3

THOR #24809
Really appreciate the quick reply. Did the BM Pro instructions solve the problem? Or did the new replacement screen solve the problem?
Old 07-11-2023, 01:00 AM   #4

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
What is shutting off , the whole unit , just the Fan motor or the Compressor ? As said above , update the BM pro or reboot it .
Old 07-11-2023, 01:06 AM   #5

THOR #24809
Hello FourthGear. Just to clarify, the AC temperature is set to 70 degrees. If I try to change that temperature setting to something else on the BM Pro screen, it doesn’t stay at the new setting and goes back to 70 degrees.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:48 AM   #6

State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Would suggest if you don't already have the "app" for the BMPro downloaded on your phone or other device to do so and see if you have problems there as well. I don't want to be in a position where only the device mounted on the wall could fail and no way to operate anything. I have also found the "app" on my iphone to be more reliable than the wall mounted "android" computer. Agree you can try and reset the wall mounted device by pulling it off the wall (just pull on the face toward you as it snaps in place), unplugging it and plugging it back in to reboot it. It should "reconnect" when you plug it back in after it boots back up. It seems odd however if everything else on the BMPro is working normally that the temperature would not change. Sounds almost like you may have just temporarily lost connection but anything possible I suppose.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:22 PM   #7

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Nomad View Post
Really appreciate the quick reply. Did the BM Pro instructions solve the problem? Or did the new replacement screen solve the problem?
The update email from them fixed
Old 07-11-2023, 01:29 PM   #8

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1961 View Post
Would suggest if you don't already have the "app" for the BMPro downloaded on your phone or other device to do so and see if you have problems there as well. I don't want to be in a position where only the device mounted on the wall could fail and no way to operate anything. I have also found the "app" on my iphone to be more reliable than the wall mounted "android" computer. Agree you can try and reset the wall mounted device by pulling it off the wall (just pull on the face toward you as it snaps in place), unplugging it and plugging it back in to reboot it. It should "reconnect" when you plug it back in after it boots back up. It seems odd however if everything else on the BMPro is working normally that the temperature would not change. Sounds almost like you may have just temporarily lost connection but anything possible I suppose.
Everything else worked on mine except AC temp hold.
Use Store will reset but did not fix mine until update
Old 07-11-2023, 04:55 PM   #9

THOR #24809
Thanks robertj1961. I agree. Already have the RV Master / BM Pro app on my cell phone. Definitely need a backup in case the BM Pro screen isn’t working. I plan on trying the reboot and if necessary the emailed update from BM Pro which resolved the same problem that ScubaWise had. Safe travels from the Gray Nomad.