Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2021, 10:42 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
Question Bored? Explain this switch on a 2020 Gemini and tell where the documentation is!

So...As I get closer to actually purchasing a used 2020 Gemini 23TW, I am going over pictures I've taken and things I am trying to understand.

A case in point is the remote switch in the bedroom for lights and generator start/stop. It's black, rectangular, and has six (6) buttons on the face. I also could not get it to work. I trust the dealer will make it right when I go to seal the deal on Tuesday, but in the meantime, I'm curious. The picture below is the same switch, but it's from a FR unit and has awing control instead of a Generator. In the same thread is a piece on re-pairing said switch and I am surprised by the level of monkey motion required....

I've registered the SN of the coach with Thor, downloaded most of the 174 entries in the documentation list and so far, have not found anything on this particular switch.

The rig itself is titled as a 2020, was painted in March of 2019, and has the Lippert control system tablet and the Road Ranger WIFi system of the previous model year.

Does anyone know where I can get the documentation for the switch? I have been to the Lippert site with no luck.

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2021, 10:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetreak View Post
I am going over pictures I've taken .......... the remote switch in the bedroom for lights and generator start/stop. It's black, rectangular, and has six (6) buttons on the face.
Maybe a picture of said switch will help?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:25 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Yup: A picture is worth at least 827 words...
Old 01-30-2021, 11:29 PM   #4

THOR #17688
a picture, worth at least 3 or a thousand words....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Maybe a picture of said switch will help?
Done!
Old 01-30-2021, 11:46 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I recall having one very similar to that in my Ourlaw. It was in the stairwell...
Master Light switch ,exterior lights, and awning controls...
But I have no idea where to go for documentation.
Try calling Thor customer service.
Good luck!
Old 01-30-2021, 11:58 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #7035
What documentation were you seeking? I see nothing on the picture about generator start/stop. All the buttons are pretty self-explanatory by their label except for "Living Room". Are you saying none of the 6 switches work?
Old 01-31-2021, 02:42 AM   #7

THOR #17688
That's the problem with pictures...

Quote:
What documentation were you seeking? I see nothing on the picture about generator start/stop. All the buttons are pretty self-explanatory by their label except for "Living Room". Are you saying none of the 6 switches work?
This is the closest I could come to the ACTUAL switch in my almost rig. I am lazy and have not figured out how to post my own pictures yet, so the pic is from a Forest River thread. The titles/labels on the switch itself do not matter. It's a remote switch in the LCI system and while I can find a reference to it in the Thor systems manual, there is nothing else said about it.

What does matter is that the switch is battery-powered, talks to the controller via Bluetooth, and does not seem to work. Either it needs to be paired to the controller, the batteries need to be replaced and it needs to be paired...or something else. I'd like to get a Thor document on how to do that.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:12 AM   #8
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetreak View Post
It's a remote switch in the LCI system ......... I'd like to get a Thor document on how to do that.
If it's an LCI component maybe you need an LCI document?
Old 01-31-2021, 03:29 AM   #9

THOR #17688
Quote:
If it's an LCI component maybe you need an LCI document?
I'll take almost anything. It seems that Lippert sort of customized parts of the system for different manufacturers so a Thor doc would be specific to Thor while the LCI doc, if there is one, will be generic unless it's for Thor.

I don't see anything on the LCI site
I don't see anything on the Thor site.

So, that's why I am reaching out to my RV brethren for help.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:17 AM   #10

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
We have a switch like that and it does what it says it should do - turn lights on and off and the generator.
It seems like it's part of the One Control system (the monitor panel). There's the tablet sized monitor itself and a wifi range extender (mine is under the wardrobe near the electronics). I thought it was for the cell app - but maybe even more functionality. Look for the LCI Multiplex One Control manuals. (Specifically the Programming manual but if not there, look at all of them.) They may be helpful.
If your dealer can't help you, I would suggest giving the One Control folks a call - (574) 537-8900. If they treat you like they treated me, they'll stay on the phone and patiently walk you through the steps to trouble shoot your problem. (In my case, it was a loose wire.)
Old 01-31-2021, 02:16 PM   #11

THOR #17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongrant View Post
We have a switch like that and it does what it says it should do - turn lights on and off and the generator.
It seems like it's part of the One Control system (the monitor panel). There's the tablet sized monitor itself and a wifi range extender (mine is under the wardrobe near the electronics). I thought it was for the cell app - but maybe even more functionality. Look for the LCI Multiplex One Control manuals. (Specifically the Programming manual but if not there, look at all of them.) They may be helpful.
If your dealer can't help you, I would suggest giving the One Control folks a call - (574) 537-8900. If they treat you like they treated me, they'll stay on the phone and patiently walk you through the steps to troubleshoot your problem. (In my case, it was a loose wire.)
Thanks! I'm happy to hear the One Control folks were able to help you and if it gets down to that, maybe they'll help me the same way!

I'll check that manual as you suggested as well.

Tags
2020, 23tw, gemini, lippert