Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Arizona
THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
Dometic A/C in Thor Gemini

Can anyone tell me the model of Dometic air conditioning/heating control unit is installed in the Gemini? I need to look up the manual (which I did NOT get from the dealer)

Or, if you can simply tell me why, when I set it to HP (heat pump, I assume) it starts flashing between HP and FURN? I don't want FURN, I just want HP.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #2

Model: compass 23tw
State: California
THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpy View Post
Can anyone tell me the model of Dometic air conditioning/heating control unit is installed in the Gemini? I need to look up the manual (which I did NOT get from the dealer)

Or, if you can simply tell me why, when I set it to HP (heat pump, I assume) it starts flashing between HP and FURN? I don't want FURN, I just want HP.

Thanks in advance.
Go to Thors web site,then go to owners resource & put in vehicle vin # & it will give you info.
Best of luck.
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #3

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
This might be helpful. Check against your specific model. Search the inter web for Dometiv CCC2
Old 02-11-2019, 08:31 PM   #4

THOR #14425
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari View Post
Go to Thors web site,then go to owners resource & put in vehicle vin # & it will give you info.
Best of luck.
Wowsers, thanks! I probably should have known about that a year ago when I bought the thing!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:47 PM   #5

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Wowsers, thanks! I probably should have known about that a year ago when I bought the thing!
If you don't mind sharing, I would be curious to know what you figure out on this one. I think I have a similar thermostat in my 2018 Compass, but have not seen my display do what yours is doing (yet)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:59 AM   #6

THOR #14425
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC54 View Post
If you don't mind sharing, I would be curious to know what you figure out on this one. I think I have a similar thermostat in my 2018 Compass, but have not seen my display do what yours is doing (yet)
Well, if I'm reading it right, apparently it's supposed to do what it's doing.

First of all, my model # is 331-2024 (without humidifier). It's also called a CCC-2.

Next, I think this is the applicable section:

Auxiliary Heat (Heat Pump Models Only)
Auxiliary heat operation will be activated when the measured temperature of the outdoor
temperature sensor is less than 30º F. If the system is equipped with a furnace,
the control will select FURN heating mode for the auxiliary heat source. Auxiliary
heat operation, once initiated, will have priority over a heat pump defrost cycle.
Auxiliary heat operation will be de-activated and the heat pump operation will resume
when the temperature of the outdoor temperature sensor is higher than 35º F.

My thermostat display was alternating between HP and FURN when the temperature was below freezing. I think this indicates that I had set it to HP, but it was overriding my setting in favor of FURN. It went back to HP after the temperature warmed up.

My only concern with this was that I think FURN is using LPG, is it not? And I was low on LPG, so what happens if it runs out?
Old 02-12-2019, 05:28 AM   #7

State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
My only concern with this was that I think FURN is using LPG, is it not? And I was low on LPG, so what happens if it runs out?
i have used my furnace on nights where the temp is around 35 or below. I set it at 40 degrees and it is a real miser on propane.