Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #8421
Gemini vs. Compass

I have a Travato Class B and love the size but not the wet bath and lack of external storage.

About 50 miles from my house is a General RV and a Camping World. One has a few 2017 Geminis and the other the Compass. Are the basically the same RV? I don't see much difference.

Any thought on what's different?

Thanks,
Jonathan (a forum newbie.)

Old 07-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yes they are basically the same with just the color scheme's different between them.

RV Manufacturer's do that so dealers close to each other (such as your case) can sell different "brands" of RVs.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!

We looked hard at Travato 3 years ago, but for around the same price bought a Vegas 25.2. It has served us well, now at about 15000 miles and around 150 nights.

Like you, we were concerned about storage, and the Vegas has almost as much, inside and outside, as our previous 33' Class A. The wet shower, where the toilet is right there almost under the shower head, was a concern. And we wanted a walk around queen bed, absolutely no corner bed.

With the Compass and it's twin, you pay a lot for the diesel engine. IMHO, and with my experience with diesels previously, they are great for over the road, but not so much for occasional use. They need to be used, not parked.

Different strokes for different folks. Keep asking questions and be an informed buyer. The best advice is try some various rental units. Even if you can't rent the exact unit you are considering, you'll benefit from the experience.