Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #1981

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass
State: Arizona
THOR #23141
Slide controller

Can anyone tell me where t h e slide controller board on the Compass 23 tw is located. I need to sync the c slide, but, the manual doesn't tell me where the controller is

Thanks

Old 09-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #1982

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
It should be behind a panel in the large storage compartment right above the water pump
but you need a mirror to see the read out or take out the outside shower as it right behind it also.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 09-03-2021, 12:04 PM   #1983

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
On our 2020 tw its in the storage locker drivers side under slide.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210109_152442.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	33308
Old 09-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #1984

Model: Compass
State: Arizona
THOR #23141
Thanks. Found it.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:27 PM   #1985

Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchspiller@yahoo.com View Post
Can anyone tell me where t h e slide controller board on the Compass 23 tw is located. I need to sync the c slide, but, the manual doesn't tell me where the controller is

Thanks
I believe you will find it in your back storage compartment. There is a removable panel on the left side. The electric component is there. Someone at Ford decided to try my slide when it was in for service and didn't go all the way out. Caused my slide to move out of alignment. I ended up just pulling out the side that was in by hand and then went in and out all the way to the stops. Hasn't had any issues again.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:00 AM   #1986

Model: 23TB
State: Illinois
THOR #9509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertiverson View Post
Hi. I picked up my 2021 Compass 23TW on April 20, 2021 in Elkhart and drove it back to Calif in 13 days through SD, MT, WY, ID, UT. About 3,200 miles. Headwind on most of trip. Got 14.5mpg taking it easy like 55-60mph. Plenty of turbo power. Never really used the power except to see what was there. The ride and handling was excellent. We took it distributed camping in mud and snow above Deadwood SD and tried to spin tires but could not spin them. Pushed 6” of single track snow on closed paved road trying to get into Yellowstone but I chickened out after 2 miles with 10 miles to go. Closed road was getting steeper and deeper and single track meant none ahead of me. And likely no one expected soon behind me either. It’s almost 11’ tall so sidewinds are felt and you gotta watch low branches.

I knew I would change the bed and did the day after returning. Chopped it up to make bed usable with slide in. I needed to change the sink to better spit toothpaste in it and just finished that by putting in a 13” round sink in place of the 10x13 oval.

We chopped up the privacy curtain to make it smarter to use. 15k btu a/c barely keeps up in desert when in sun and 100 out.

I ordered and returned the ADCO 2425 windshield cover. Poor fit. Like impossible fit. I let ADCO know. The screen I got was new old-stock so maybe they’ve hit it larger now but no one stocks them.

Good luck figuring out Winegard wifi booster.

Using cell phone IOS hotspot to try to play Roku or Chromecast is futile. Everything seems to want what appears to be a legit wifi signal.

Get the optional fan too. Super bargain. Can’t use it (access controls) unless slide is out 12” or more. I’ll remove it and move it to the front to replace the useless fan/vent, then put a remote control Maxxair to replace the optional MaxxAire fan.

I’m researching hitch carriers for stuff and hitch ebike/motorbike mounts. So many poor review sites means lots of research to find a fit.

Lastly, and this is a real irritating thing. May be a Ford Transit thing, but the driver’s door is ‘sprung’. I may be using the wrong term, but what the door does is pop open like it’s under tension when operating the inside or outside handle. If you lightly swing the door shut it will pop
Back open and not latch. So, force must be applied or lightly slamming is needed to latch properly. Two other 23TW on lot were the same but not as bad as mine. Two Transit vans, not RV cutaways, at Ford dealer lots did the same but not as bad as mine. Passenger door is fine. Ford body shop wanted three days to address so I’ll do after a 4 week trip in July/August.
I’m not sure if it’s production hinge issue or door stamping issue. It is irritating.
Be sure to replace the fuel filter soon. Don't wait until the first scheduled maintenance.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #1987

State: Tennessee
THOR #24882
Approach and departure angles

Does anyone know the approach and departure angles for a 2021 or 2022 Gemini AWD? I have a Gemini on order and lot that I am looking at that will have a bit of a hilly gravel drive and want to make sure the Gemini can handle it. It’s not too radical an approach but I would love to know it will work before I buy the lot.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:12 PM   #1988

Model: Gemini 23tb
State: Georgia
THOR #16970
degree of drive

My drive has a 15 degree angle going down. That I use for coming in but I have to drive my Gemini up to back it in to its parking shelter. No problem going up a 15 degree gravel.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:08 PM   #1989

Model: 23TR
THOR #24292
driver and passenger seats

My 2018 Thor 23tr with 4000 miles has the front (driver and passenger) seats starting to peel off the fake leather top coat. Thor says the seat bottoms are
$300+ per cover (plus install). OEM replacements would probably do the same thing. Any recommendations on after market seat covers that will cover and protect the peeling? What size are the seats?
Old 10-17-2021, 07:12 PM   #1990

THOR #24292
folding bed gas struts

My fold up bed on my 2018 Thor Gemini 23TR will not stay up. It has only one gas strut and it does not hold the bed up. Has anyone tried two struts or other methods. I read about the shower curtain rod method and that's what I'm using now, but would like to fix it properly.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:14 PM   #1991

THOR #24292
tire pressure

2018 Thor Gemini 23TR.
What tire pressure are you using?
Please only Gemini and Compass 23TR folks
Thanks
Old 10-17-2021, 07:53 PM   #1992

THOR #13224
Seat Covers

I bought generic one size fits all seat covers and they are great and keep the original seats in nearly new condition, I did have to do some tweaking but in the end they did the job on a 15,000 mile Canada/ Alaska trip
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
PS Just for a heads up, if your water pressure while using your pump goes down check the water line between the tank and the pump. During the winterization found a blockage in the line of debris from the fresh water tank that was not filtered by the strainer, the resulting pressure change was incredible

QUOTE=RVjon;319353]My 2018 Thor 23tr with 4000 miles has the front
(driver and passenger) seats starting to peel off the fake leather top coat. Thor says the seat bottoms are
$300+ per cover (plus install). OEM replacements would probably do the same thing. Any recommendations on after market seat covers that will cover and protect the peeling? What size are the seats?[/QUOTE]
Old 10-17-2021, 08:19 PM   #1993

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVjon View Post
My fold up bed on my 2018 Thor Gemini 23TR will not stay up. It has only one gas strut and it does not hold the bed up. Has anyone tried two struts or other methods. I read about the shower curtain rod method and that's what I'm using now, but would like to fix it properly.
My 2019 Compass 23TR came with a strap by the gas strut. One end is attached to the frame. The other snaps to the bottom of the bed. It works for me. I use nothing else.
And it's relatively easy to make. We forgot to unfasten it and tried to pull the bed down. Ripped it. So my wife made a new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frame.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	34363   Click image for larger version

Name:	unsnapped.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	34364  

Click image for larger version

Name:	folded.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	34365  
Old 10-18-2021, 12:21 PM   #1994

THOR #24292
can you provide make of you seat covers?
Old 10-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #1995

THOR #13224
Seat Covers

They are just universal fit with headrest covers included. I bought them up here in Canada at Canadian Tire, much like your Pep Boys or etrailer also carries them.
Coveman2
Old 10-19-2021, 03:17 PM   #1996

THOR #19878
When to use slide out when traveling

Hello all,

When is it appropriate to use the slide out (bed in our 23TW) when not staying in a RV site?

I understand that it's not ok when staying in a truck stop or parking lot.

We will be taking a multiple day driving trip before reaching our destination and prefer not to stay in an RV site to save time.

Cheers!
Old 10-28-2021, 04:40 PM   #1997
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
THOR #17642
SCR Regeneration Issues

Can anyone help with advice/experience related to SCR regeneration problems?
I've started having some issues with my 2019 23TB Gemini (2018 Ford Transit chassie).

1. I don't get any indication that any auto regeneration is taking place. Is this normal?

2. I've had to have a manual regeneration initiated by a local service technician two times in the last month following short trips to a local state park. I cannot initiate the manual regeneration myself. Is this normal?

3. Has anyone else received Ford's Emission Recall 21E01 related to the powertrain control module and SCR emissions sensors. Has anyone had experience with getting the issue addressed.

Any inputs will be welcomed.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #1998
JRA

THOR #17642
Yes, I have done this while visiting my kids in Florida. It draws about 12 amps, so we don't run much else while the AC is running. We do run the fridge and watch the TV though with no problems. We turn the AC off when we want to make coffee or use a hair drier.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #1999

THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Can anyone help with advice/experience related to SCR regeneration problems?
I've started having some issues with my 2019 23TB Gemini (2018 Ford Transit chassie).

1. I don't get any indication that any auto regeneration is taking place. Is this normal?

2. I've had to have a manual regeneration initiated by a local service technician two times in the last month following short trips to a local state park. I cannot initiate the manual regeneration myself. Is this normal?

3. Has anyone else received Ford's Emission Recall 21E01 related to the powertrain control module and SCR emissions sensors. Has anyone had experience with getting the issue addressed.

Any inputs will be welcomed.
I have gotten the notice, scheduled for November.

From what I found the dealer updates the computer so it will recognize the error. Depending on the error determines what part they replace.

If I am incorrect please correct me.

Good info here, although not the same power stroke engine as ours.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l-21e01-8.html
Old 10-28-2021, 05:34 PM   #2000
JRA

THOR #17642
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
I need help from someone who knows more about automotive electrical systems than I.
Our rig is a 2017 Gemini on a Ford Diesel chassis. Once we got the bugs our of it, we have put many happy miles on it. However . . .
We are adding a storage box back on the receiver. As a matter of safety, we are adding turn signals/running lights to the box. Before we got to far, we checked the plug for power. The only thing that worked was the running lights.
Today my son and I spent 3 hours under the thing trying to find out why. He is a smart man, me - not so much. NO LUCK! We could find no loose connections, blown fuses, etc - we even probed the wires leading to the plug no power.
The Transit forum only made the issue more frustrating.
I'm looking for ideas, things to try, so I don't have to cut into the wiring harness and hard wire in a new plug.
DonB
Had similar issues. Go under the RV and locate the place where Thor added length to the frame. I found a junction there where the original chasis wiring was extended to the back of the RV. I found that power was getting to original half of the coupling but not getting through to the Thor added wires. I cut the connector out and hard wire spliced the wires together, resuppored all the wires with wire ties and all works fine now. Pulled my hair out for days trying to trace the problem.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall