Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2021, 11:19 PM   #2021

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
After winterizing the water system is there a way to turn off the gas to the instant hwh or pull the fuse?

I noticed that the red light on the switch is still illuminated.

Cheers and happy ny!
Hi Roadrunner, I use the switch yukongrant pictured during usual storage but during very low temps (like I’m experiencing right now) I leave it ON having read: "If you wish to operate the water heater in potentially freezing conditions the model GSWH-2 has a built in thermostat that will start the burner whenever the temperature of the Heat Exchanger falls below 38ºF and will automatically shutoff when it senses a temperature in excess of 58 º F". AND "To allow the Antifreeze Device to operate you must have sufficient LP Gas in the tank and12VDC power available and you must leave the unit powered with the ON / OFF switch in the ON position at all times that freezing may occur. It will not protect the entire RV's plumbing system." Fingers crossed nothing ruptures next trip out. Happy NYE! Nancy
source: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...ts-Gswh-2.html

Old 01-02-2022, 05:27 PM   #2022

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Thanks for the info, I used compressed (under 50 psi) air to clear water out of the system.

Good info on the antifreeze option.

I assume that you should have the hwh off if there is no water in the system. Didn't see any specific info on that.

Cheers!
Old 01-02-2022, 05:55 PM   #2023

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
I assume that you should have the hwh off if there is no water in the system. Didn't see any specific info on that.

Cheers!
That's my understanding also. As Nancy noted, there's an automatic frost protection system for the heater "IF YOU WISH TO OPERATE THE WATER HEATER" in colder temps. It starts the heater once temps drop below 38. If the heater is drained, it would be heating dry pipes - not a good idea.
I use the pink stuff after I blow out the lines. The pink stuff will boil and lose its effectiveness if heated. So I turn it off when I store our rig and turn it back on once I flush all the lines.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:33 AM   #2024

State: California
THOR #25686
Hi, I'm new to forums and new to RVing. We are considering purchasing the Gemini due to the size. Would those who have owned and camped in it recommend it to others like me?
Old 01-03-2022, 04:05 AM   #2025

THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallymaster View Post
Would those who have owned and camped in it recommend it to others like me?
We like our 23TR. The size works for us. Easy to drive. Good for 2 (and a big dog.)
Old 01-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #2026

THOR #19878
1000Watt inverter setup for limited use purposes

Hello All,

Has anyone installed an inverter for limited use?

I purchased a 1000w/2k peak, that I want to use for powering up a coffee maker etc when over night stays in truck stops where we are not using the slide out or generator.

Was thinking some type of quick connect connectors where I could connect it to the house batteries under the steps.

Since I have 2@ 12v batteries under the steps, would I connect the neg lead to one batteries neg term and the pos lead to the other batteries + term?

Cheers!
Old 01-14-2022, 05:50 PM   #2027

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I would check the wattage of your coffee maker, most of them are 1500 watts and you only have a 1000 watt inverter, the surge is only for a start up mode not running. When we are not using power we use an old style perculator and a butane burner (my model has an induction cooktop) to make coffee.
Coveman2
Old 01-14-2022, 07:20 PM   #2028

THOR #13409
I agree with Coveman. I thought I would do the same thing for the same reasons (there are no campgrounds with hookups on our way to the south every year). I even bought an inverter. Tested it. Even though it was a relatively big inverter, it would not run the coffee maker. I gave up and went with a French press coffee maker - boiling the water on the stovetop. It works well for us.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:07 PM   #2029

THOR #19878
Thanks for the info!

I checked the coffee maker (2 cup maker) and its 900 watts.

I'll test it out before adding it to the RV.

Cheers!
Old 01-22-2022, 09:51 PM   #2030

State: Tennessee
THOR #25808
Question New to me 2017 Gemini 23tr!

So excited to be back in the RV community!
I have a question for owners of the 23TR, which I've named "Sturmfrei-Da" Freida for short.
I can not for the life of me figure out the pedestal table leg. It has a small slot at the bottom end, which does not turn to anchor the table. How in the world do you get this table tp stay in place?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2022, 04:54 AM   #2031

Model: 23TB
State: Illinois
THOR #9509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmfrei- Da View Post
I have a question for owners of the 23TR, which I've named "Sturmfrei-Da" Freida for short.
I can not for the life of me figure out the pedestal table leg. It has a small slot at the bottom end, which does not turn to anchor the table. How in the world do you get this table tp stay in place?
Thanks in advance!
The cylindrical post has an open end (where the table rests) and a closed end (which fits into the dohickie bolted to the floor). In the center of the closed end is a “tooth” that grabs the dohickie. First, however, you need to advance the tooth out of the closed end. It might be stuck, but with gentle persuasion, the tooth will unscrew and leave a gap between it and the closed end. When you have a gap of 1/2 - 3/4 inch, gently put the post down into the dohickie. The post should be vertical. Gently turn the post. You should feel the tooth spin with the post and lock into place. Continue to turn the post clockwise and the trapped post will cinch down onto the dohickie. Once you have done it, the process will be easy. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:07 PM   #2032
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #17642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmfrei- Da View Post
Thanks in advance!
Tossed mine out and packed two nice TV tray tables under the seat. Much more flexible to use, and I think more stable.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:48 AM   #2033

Model: 23TB
State: Illinois
THOR #9509
Wow! Good decision. I hope that it goes well.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:53 PM   #2034

Model: Gemini AWD 23TW
THOR #25950
sunroof shade not completely retracting

Hello, as stated the sunroof shade only retracts about 3/4 open when the button is pushed.

When closing it does cover the opening, but it looks like it should go a few more inches to completely block light

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2022, 01:14 PM   #2035

State: Virginia
THOR #25525
measurements of exterior storage on a 23TW

I have a Gemini 23TW on order that is currently being built. I pick it up in about 4 weeks, so Thor says. I need to order several things for it but need to know the dimensions of the exterior storage to make sure they fit.

Can someone take measurements of the door and the depth so I can get the right things?
Old 03-07-2022, 03:03 PM   #2036

Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Norclod is GONE!

I finally had enough issues with my Norcold 512 3-way refrigerator. Too many issues to list but enough is enough. Terrible job to remove but easy installation. I went from 17 amp/hr to 1 amp/hr.DC usage, it is a 12-volt DC and actually work. Here is what I purchased; https://www.recpro.com/rv-refrigerat...ainless-steel/ It drops to operating temperature in less than 1 hour. Like the separate freezer and door locks are great. I added a tabletop vertical storge holder next to the refrigerator as it is an easy great place to store the top.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #2037

Model: Gemini AWD 23TW
THOR #25950
storage size

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbrumm View Post
I have a Gemini 23TW on order that is currently being built. I pick it up in about 4 weeks, so Thor says. I need to order several things for it but need to know the dimensions of the exterior storage to make sure they fit.

Can someone take measurements of the door and the depth so I can get the right things?
Did you get an answer? I'm on the road with no tape measure, but should be back near one later in the week.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:43 PM   #2038

State: Virginia
THOR #25525
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveThompson View Post
Did you get an answer? I'm on the road with no tape measure, but should be back near one later in the week.
No measurements yet. When you can get a tape I would appreciate it.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:18 AM   #2039

Model: Compass
State: Arizona
THOR #23141
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
I finally had enough issues with my Norcold 512 3-way refrigerator. Too many issues to list but enough is enough. Terrible job to remove but easy installation. I went from 17 amp/hr to 1 amp/hr.DC usage, it is a 12-volt DC and actually work. Here is what I purchased; https://www.recpro.com/rv-refrigerat...ainless-steel/ It drops to operating temperature in less than 1 hour. Like the separate freezer and door locks are great. I added a tabletop vertical storge holder next to the refrigerator as it is an easy great place to store the top.
Any problems getting it in to the rv?
Old 03-17-2022, 11:45 AM   #2040

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
Love it!

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall