Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2023, 01:52 AM   #2161

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #29753
Norcold Fridge Problems

gwhiz
I have a 2018 Thor Gemini 23TR with a Norcold 512.3 fridge. I got the dreaded "n" error message and the fridge is not cooling. Does anyone know of a way to get the error message reset, rather than taking it to an RV repair shop? I read somewhere that the error message may have occurred when I turned the fridge on and the RV was not level. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-24-2023, 04:14 AM   #2162

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhiz View Post
gwhiz
I have a 2018 Thor Gemini 23TR with a Norcold 512.3 fridge. I got the dreaded "n" error message and the fridge is not cooling. Does anyone know of a way to get the error message reset, rather than taking it to an RV repair shop? I read somewhere that the error message may have occurred when I turned the fridge on and the RV was not level. Thanks in advance!
I've never had that error code. But the manual says to reset the fridge. You do that by holding the on/off button for 2 seconds. Then restart it. If that does not work, the manual says to take it in for service.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:15 AM   #2163

Model: CompassKB 2023
State: Washington
THOR #29959
Thumbs up

New to the forum and Compass thread.....finally found it! 9 years with an Airstream FC 25rb, switched to a Compass so my wife could share driving without sweaty palms. Had some initial problems at the dealer inspection: tankless water heater didn't work( this is after PDI) and mother board replaced, a section of the cab interior was missing( the part that covers the seat belt mechanism) and no one knew where the low point water drains were. Can anyone tell me where to look for them? I found the fresh water drain valve but not the low point drains....The Compass drives very nicely ( we're 4 hours from dealer) and so far everything works. Thanks for your help and thanks for starting this thread.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:27 AM   #2164

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerbeech@gmail.com View Post
and no one knew where the low point water drains were. Can anyone tell me where to look for them? I found the fresh water drain valve but not the low point drains.
We own a 2019 Compass 23TR - the slide goes out the back. On our model, the low point drains are hidden under the microwave. You have to pull out that drawer - and then look towards the back right corner and you should see a couple of shut off valves.
But that may be different on your model and year.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:03 PM   #2165

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerbeech@gmail.com View Post
New to the forum and Compass thread.....finally found it! 9 years with an Airstream FC 25rb, switched to a Compass so my wife could share driving without sweaty palms. Had some initial problems at the dealer inspection: tankless water heater didn't work( this is after PDI) and mother board replaced, a section of the cab interior was missing( the part that covers the seat belt mechanism) and no one knew where the low point water drains were. Can anyone tell me where to look for them? I found the fresh water drain valve but not the low point drains....The Compass drives very nicely ( we're 4 hours from dealer) and so far everything works. Thanks for your help and thanks for starting this thread.
I have a Gemini SX24 with slide out bed out back. So not sure what model you have but on mine I have to slide out bed, remove cushion under bed, remove board under cushion. Water, water pump, drains all under there.
Old 08-23-2023, 07:05 PM   #2166

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Who towes a cargo trailer and if so what size?

Hello all,

I am in the market for a cargo trailer and was curious on what size/construction (aluminum or Steel) makes folks are using.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-24-2023, 01:06 PM   #2167

Model: Gemini Thor TB23
State: Minnesota
THOR #30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfdchief24 View Post
It had the chip in it when I bought it it was on the "We Owe" sheet so they wanted to try and fix it so I said ok. It's not to noticeable but I know it's there. It's on the Co-Pilots side so I don't see it. I'm going to talk to CW and see what my options are.

When we purchased our Gemini 2018 TB23 it also had a chip in the lower part of the window, rather than patch it, we had the window replaced after owning for a year the crack started to expand.
Old 08-24-2023, 01:16 PM   #2168

Model: Gemini Thor TB23
State: Minnesota
THOR #30600
Gemini TB23

We have learned a few things over the past couple years:
#1 if you pull your batteries each winter, make sure to mark the cables and write down a diagram of where they go. Made the mistake of hooking up incorrectly! Diesel engine will start however the house will not work, burned up the continuously on relay, that is your in use switch.
#2 tank-less water heater, three things need to be in place for it to work, the LP gas valve needs to be open, the switch on the heater needs to be on, and you need to allow at least 1/2 gallon of water to flow before it will produce hot water.
#3 If you want to know how to set the house radio, download the manual, same for the Oven, in fact just about everything that requires setting there are manuals posted online your can reference.
#4 The house is run on both 12volt and 110Volt, you have breakers for the 110 Volt, and fuses for the 12 Volt.
#5 The radio also has a fuse on the back of the radio.
#6 The extra LP connection in the back only works on low pressure grills.
Old 09-01-2023, 06:18 PM   #2169

State: Ontario
THOR #30004
Location of bed slide out motor

Hi all. My One Control is shot and I cannot get my slide in. The guys at Lippert one control said the motor is on top of the slide but there is no way it is up there. I need to manually push the slide back in and he said I need to disengage the motors but I cant seem to find them.

I have a 2019 Gemini Thor 23TB.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rick
Old 09-04-2023, 09:58 PM   #2170

THOR #19878
Bed slats

Hello all,

Has anyone sourced bed slats from other than thor?

The older post here, link no longer works,.

Thought I read something about Ikea had some.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2023, 08:13 PM   #2171

THOR #30803
Hello,
New to forum & thread. We have been enjoying our 2017 Compass (23TR), but have been experiencing two high-pitched sounds/vibrations intermittently when driving - both up high, one towards the front (almost a trill), and one more likely mid-cabin, possibly carrying sound through a/c vents. Would love to eliminate these noises but so far no luck finding the sources. Ideas/thoughts? Bruce
Old 09-15-2023, 12:21 AM   #2172

Model: Compass 23TW
State: Idaho
THOR #28036
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Hello,
New to forum & thread. We have been enjoying our 2017 Compass (23TR), but have been experiencing two high-pitched sounds/vibrations intermittently when driving - both up high, one towards the front (almost a trill), and one more likely mid-cabin, possibly carrying sound through a/c vents. Would love to eliminate these noises but so far no luck finding the sources. Ideas/thoughts? Bruce
Check the seam between the coach and the cab above the windshield. We had a Crack that was fixed under warranty that would whistle.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:03 AM   #2173

THOR #30803
Thanks - I'm pretty sure this seam is intact, but I'll double check it.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:33 PM   #2174

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandNuk View Post
Hi all. My One Control is shot and I cannot get my slide in. The guys at Lippert one control said the motor is on top of the slide but there is no way it is up there. I need to manually push the slide back in and he said I need to disengage the motors but I cant seem to find them.

I have a 2019 Gemini Thor 23TB.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rick
Hi Rick,

I have a 2019 23TR on the Ford Chassis. In speaking with Thor they said that by unplugging the wires from the slide controller, this would release the brake. This should then allow you to push the slide back in manually.
Old 10-21-2023, 03:13 AM   #2175

THOR #19878
Anyone have a problem with wasps inside your rv?

Having trouble locating where they are entering, exhaust has screens installed.

Cheers
Old 10-21-2023, 08:44 PM   #2176

THOR #19878
Seems norcold refrig 6 vent needs screens.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #2177

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #17465
Hey guys - I have a 2024 Compass with a Girard water heater. Sales staff said the heater was equipped with a winter mode which prevents freezing.

How can I be certain it has that function. Here's an image below.

Thanks in advance - Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GARIED HEATER.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	43937  
Old 10-26-2023, 05:18 PM   #2178

Model: 31y
State: South Carolina
THOR #21394
No winterizing necessary on Girard Tankless Water Heater.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:26 PM   #2179

THOR #17465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
No winterizing necessary on Girard Tankless Water Heater.
Thanks for the reply - however there has to be some type of winterizing to protect the water in the copper tubing from freezing. If it has a cold weather protocol the heater would need 12 volts and gas supplied all winter.

I'm trying to extend my season, we have 3 days below freezing coming up and I didn't want to do the whole fluid thing yet!

Thanks Mike
Old 10-26-2023, 05:50 PM   #2180

THOR #17465
Just got a cal back from Lippert / Girard - The heater does have a winterizing protocol (late season) where the burner cycles in at 35 degrees and kicks off at 48 degrees and will continue until temperature rises.

If 12 volt power and gas is going to be off, then the heater system requires standard winterizing with the unit filled with RV fluid like the rest of the coach.

Thanks Mike

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall