Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 11:02 PM   #1521

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coveman2 View Post
It`s definitely glass.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
PS Installing Carr running boards next week
Coveman, please report on the running boards when you get them. I am in the market also. I just looked at the Carr and they look like a good way to go. The only reason I am stalling is that my back is out and if I get them I won't leave them lay until the back gets better. I'll just do more damage.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:22 PM   #1522

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Running Boards

Mountain Sam: I am having them installed by my mechanic who is also a motorhome owner, who better and I trust him to do it right.
Coveman2
Old 05-31-2020, 01:37 PM   #1523

State: North Carolina
THOR #15476
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
That will be very interesting. Maybe more tow capacity? Wonder what the price will be.
Any smart people that could estimate the gas mileage?
I saw 3.5 v6, 400 lb torque, 10 speed.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #1524

Model: Gemini 23tb
State: Georgia
THOR #16970
slide access

I have a 2018 Gemini 23tb and I have not had a problem yet but the control box that has lights to tell you an error code is mounted behind the drawer support facing backward so you can not see it or get to it. Is there any way to get into that space to see the codes and to unplug the motor?
Old 06-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #1525

THOR #13224
Mine is located behind the door on the left side of the rear storage compartment right above the water pump. Same as you I have not had a problem and think the only way to see an error code is to use the camera on your phone in video mode, I asked Thor why would they put an electrical device above a water source , and the answer was its a device location decision by the internal design people, who obviously know nothing about
being a end user.
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB
Old 06-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #1526

THOR #16970
Smile Gemini23tb slideout

Thanks Coveman2 I looked in the rear storage on left side and found no door or h2o pump. There is a panel and molding on the side so I took it apart and found the pump. With a light I looked way in and there was the the box,but its out of reach to reset or remove any motor wire. With a phone I can see the face and any code. I lined up where it is and its rite behind the out door shower. If I have a problem I could remove it to reach the controller with no problem. I would never have found it without you. I think Thor does the stupid things they do so you have to go to a dealer. The book that comes with the RV is NO GOOD for anything. Thanks again.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:25 AM   #1527

THOR #13224
carver Gary, you are welcome and since you have found the pump its not a bad idea to check the strainer on the pump as it can be full of plastic bits from the fresh water tank.
If you look you will find a short clear pipe that is supposed to be to pump plumbing anti freeze when winterizing but its too short and you have to add an extension piece. The other real treat is finding the switch to bypass the fresh water tank to pump antifreeze when winterizing, its located on the pump but you just have to feel around to find it.
Good luck and stay safe in these trying times for both of our countries
Coveman2
Old 06-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #1528
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
THOR #17642
I'm thinking of removing the shelf under the sofa (it is there to store the temporarily table) to obtain some additional storage space. I cannot see how the shelf is attached to the floor. Has anyone removed this shelf?
Old 06-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #1529

THOR #14621
JRA,

I removed mine. The wood looking panels on each end of the shelving can be removed (they are stapled on). You should find the four 3” screws that hold it to the floor in the corners going through the strapping at bottom.

Thank MountainSam for that. He posted a picture where he put his spare under the sofa. I have my rim and tire ordered.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #1530
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
THOR #17642
Thanks Big Wheel, I will look into that this weekend after we take a quick trip to Black Rock State Park in Northeast Georgia. We love how easy it is to hop in the Gemini and spend a couple of days here and there. We are preparing for a longer trip up around Lake Michigan in late June, making stops in Frankfort and the Bourbon Trail, Elkhart (were hoping to tour Thor, but I think that won't happ), Doore County Wisconsin and then some stops in Michigan on the way back that haven't been firmed up yet. Thanks for the input, and happy trails to you.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #1531

THOR #14621
You have a great trip. We’re stuck north of the border just north of Toronto right now. Would like to meet up with some owners on this side. Using appropriate social distancing of course!
Old 06-05-2020, 05:09 AM   #1532

Model: Tibuton 24RW
State: Missouri
THOR #14227
This may be old info, but, the "new" 2021 Ford transit chassis is AWD, with a 10 speed tranny. The motor is a 3.5L EcoBoost twin turbo with output of 306 hp and 400 lb ft of torque. I think this same motor and tranny is available in the F-150. I hope the 24SX floor plan will be available but it's not listed for 2021 in the Thor literature.
Toad, 2019 Ranger
Retired School Teachers
Ozark Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #1533

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Traveler View Post
This may be old info, but, the "new" 2021 Ford transit chassis is AWD, with a 10 speed tranny. The motor is a 3.5L EcoBoost twin turbo with output of 306 hp and 400 lb ft of torque. I think this same motor and tranny is available in the F-150. I hope the 24SX floor plan will be available but it's not listed for 2021 in the Thor literature.

For sure everyone has their own likes and dislikes - that’s what makes shopping so much fun - but, personally, I don’t like turbo chargers (even one, let alone two!) and I especially don’t like 9 or 10 gear transmissions. I find turbo lag and constant shifting to be incredibly annoying and the additional complexity is just hideous if it ever breaks. To be sure, the potential 10% gain in mileage would be welcome but it’s not enough for me. Of course, I’m old so I’m still clinging to the old adage that there is no substitute for displacement. To each his own...
Old 06-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #1534

THOR #16970
skylight glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingwithourgemini View Post
They are glass. I got a rock chip in ours and had to get it replaced due to a crack right across the glass.
I had a rock hit mine also. It is safety glass and both layers have cracks. So far I have not found anyone that will replace it so I put super glue on it and are still looking to have it replaced. Where did you have it replaced and about how much was it?
Old 06-08-2020, 02:26 PM   #1535

State: Quebec
THOR #8496
Skylight glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver Gary View Post
I had a rock hit mine also. It is safety glass and both layers have cracks. So far I have not found anyone that will replace it so I put super glue on it and are still looking to have it replaced. Where did you have it replaced and about how much was it?
The skylight has no cracks or chips. It has like a “milky” haze in it. Since my last post, the dealer finally concluded that it was glass (hey you all knew that...) and that it was not normal. Wrote to Thor to see what they have to say about this. Will keep you informed for future reference, if needed.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #1536

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #19109
New to the RV world 😀 2019 Thor Compass

Hi. Newbie here....
Been looking for help on many aspects of the Compass. Purchased in May of this year and no passwords for anything in RV, So trying to figure everything out. Need to reprogram the LCI Onecontrol panel. Any help appreciated!!😱 I started but dont know the fuses used for each item. Looked at skematics... Was wondering if anyone knows of a programming usb or??
Thanks
Bobbi
Old 06-08-2020, 11:18 PM   #1537

State: Quebec
THOR #8496
BobbiG, check this link for OneControl manuals:

https://support.lci1.com/onecontrol-...-formerly-myrv
Old 06-09-2020, 12:32 AM   #1538

Model: Tibuton 24RW
State: Missouri
THOR #14227
Also Bobbi, if you haven't set up an account for your Compass at Thor, I would recommend it.

Go to: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Create an account and then register. About any thing you will ever want to know about your coach is there.

Happy Trails, JG
Toad, 2019 Ranger
Retired School Teachers
Ozark Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:29 AM   #1539

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
For sure everyone has their own likes and dislikes - that’s what makes shopping so much fun - but, personally, I don’t like turbo chargers (even one, let alone two!) and I especially don’t like 9 or 10 gear transmissions. I find turbo lag and constant shifting to be incredibly annoying and the additional complexity is just hideous if it ever breaks. To be sure, the potential 10% gain in mileage would be welcome but it’s not enough for me. Of course, I’m old so I’m still clinging to the old adage that there is no substitute for displacement. To each his own...
The new Sprinter's also have gone to I believe a nine speed transmission. We have a MB car with the nine speed, and though it does shift often, its imperceptible. Only way to know, is there is a display on the dash that displays what gear its in, and that changes. The Gemini we had was on a 2016 chassis and had a six speed transmission, could definitely hear and feel that one shift. We are currently between motor-homes, haven't decided what we will get, if any, next. We really missed our 41 foot Tiffin bus, prior to the Gemini, but do not want that much motor-home to manage again. Gemini was probably not quite enough motor-home. For now we will hotel it.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #1540

THOR #13224
RE: Carr Running Boards (45001): Had them installed this morning and they are great. Easy in and easy out and not as far to the ground on the last step. Took an hour to put both on with only some minor problems with the clips that hold the lower tabs. (had to expand to go over the rocker panels). Passenger side took 40 minutes and the drivers side 20. I had a mechanic do it.
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall