Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2020, 02:01 PM   #1681

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Fire hazard power panel!!

Missed one photo that shows what I first saw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power panel 4.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	26187  

Old 09-20-2020, 09:20 PM   #1682

Model: Compass 24 TF, Mercedes
State: Washington
THOR #11249
Quote:
Originally Posted by plummah View Post
I have tried searching and can't find anything, has anyone replaced their Dinette in the 23TK with a couch or sofa?
I have a 24 ft compass with full side slideout. I removed the dinette and replaced with theater recliners purchased from camping world. For mine I also moved the water heater to the lower compartment and removed all water hoses going through the slideout rubber flap as it was a very bad design and cold weather froze everything up fast! No more outside shower either and water attach is in with the water heater now with lots of heat wrap (your locations may be different). I'm guessing I reduced the total weight on the slideout by 100lbs as well. That table and hardware was heavy. Check youtube for some good videos on doing it. Note that you will also loose your rear coach seatbelts doing this.

Steve
Old 09-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #1683

State: California
THOR #20677
2016 23TR Ford 350HD

At 34k miles now. Have had the same hot water issues as others. Does not have a camber adjustment in the front and cannot find anyone that can align the thing. I suspect t this is too much weight for this van design. Fiberglass shell over the cab is starting TO CRACK. Letters that spell Gemini are falling off fairly regularly. A/C over the bed is a bad design and will not cool the front. Heater and AC are too loud to sleep with them on. Pop out windows do not allow enough ventilation - needs sliding windows. Fire alarm goes off constantly if you cook inside - again not enough ventilation. Shower pan allows for water to run out on to the floor next to the sink or next to the toilet unless you tilt the rv to the front driver side. The bed in the rear slide out could have a better design with headboard tilting up and the bed sliding back instead of just lifting the foot of the bed up. It would allow for a more usable space and it would not fall forward during travel. I should not be using bungee chords on a list price $100k vehicle.

I do get great gas mileage and surprisingly good performance from the drive train.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #1684

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Hello all, went to install a coach battery maintainer on our 2020 compass 23tw (diesel), and noticed that it has dual agm batteries.

Which battery would I install the charger terminals on?

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_160855.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	26350  
Old 09-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #1685

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
I recently posted the products I purchased for wheels... Longer metal tire valve stems and tpms. Update... After 6 trips to two different tire dealers I took it all off and got refunds on everything.

Flat tire after flat tire.

There's a reason why local Mercedes dealership absolutely will not install them.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:16 PM   #1686

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Hello all,

Have a few questions about our new 2020 Compass 23TW with the 3.2 Diesel.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Where are folks storing your sewer, water hose, shore cables and adapters, (surge protector in cab to $$$).

Do you run the generator at night while sleeping?

How to secure bed, shower/curtain rod will not work, nothing to attach the ends to.

Did your unit come with a curtain for the cab?

Exhaust rattling against mudflat bracket, anyone have this issue?

Mud flap only attached to bracket with one bolt, is there a better solution?

How many folks do the generator breakin (ours is propane); 1/2 rated power for 2 hrs, then 3/4 rated power for 2 more hours and oil change after 20 hrs.

How are folks estimating run hours?
To answer a couple questions.
Yes to running ac at night when necessary. Some people think it's dangerous. Without it you might as well have a tent.

I got a cab curtain with mine but didn't have the velcro tabs installed. But rather than installing them I purchased weather tech windshield and side window covers. Love them!
Old 09-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #1687

THOR #19878
Thanks, anyone have a photo of there black/grey discharge compartment on their 2020 compass tw that the could either post or pm me?

My black discharge lever wont push in like the grey water lever does (dont want to break it).

Also, I can't screw in the large drain cover that fits below black water discharge, its contacting the cover when attempting to screw the cap on.

Cheers!
Old 09-28-2020, 01:55 PM   #1688

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Roadrunner

If the black water valve does not push fully in to close the valve, sounds like you have something blocking the valve. It could be toilet paper of plastic pieces when they cut open the tank during installation. You could try dislodging it with water pressure. Worst case you have to remove the valve and replace it with a new one. Not a clean fun job. There are several You Tube videos on that subject.

Paul

Paul
Old 09-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #1689

THOR #19878
Quote:
Hello all, went to install a coach battery maintainer on our 2020 compass 23tw (diesel), and noticed that it has dual agm batteries.

Which battery would I install the charger terminals on?

Cheers!
I believe I found an answer, negative on charger to negative on battery 1, positive on charger to positive on battery 2.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #1690

THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
Roadrunner

If the black water valve does not push fully in to close the valve, sounds like you have something blocking the valve. It could be toilet paper of plastic pieces when they cut open the tank during installation. You could try dislodging it with water pressure. Worst case you have to remove the valve and replace it with a new one. Not a clean fun job. There are several You Tube videos on that subject.

Paul

Paul
Forgot to mention, this is a new (2 months old) RV, dealer only used jon for testing, nothing in black water tank except water.

thanks
Old 10-05-2020, 11:06 AM   #1691

THOR #19878
Good morning all.

We went on our first local trip this weekend to check everything out on a new 2020 compass 23tw and have a laundry list of items for the dealer.

Two items of concern are the HVAC, which in the shade on and 80 deg day, rv cooled down to 74 deg using chassis ac HVAC cannot keep up. 75-78 deg temps comming out of ducts in the ceiling. Going to have dealer check this out.

Second, the exhaust tail pipe contacts the heat shield causing rattling and a nasty vibration at certain speeds.

The exhaust tail pipe has a strange opening where it meets the tail pipe, see photo.

Looks like the tail pipe should be pushed over the opening.

Anyone else have a problem with AC not cooling and what was the solution.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers!Click image for larger version

Name:	20201004_152042.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	26505
Old 10-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #1692

Model: Tibuton 24RW
State: Missouri
THOR #14227
DO NOT COVER THE OPENINGS. They are part of the diesel emission/exhaust system. JG
Toad, 2019 Ranger
Retired School Teachers
Ozark Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #1693

THOR #19878
Thanks for the info, first diesel vehicle I have owned.

Would anyone have a photo they could post/im me so I can tell what is the correct setup?

Pan has about .5 in play up and down.

Cheers!
Old 10-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #1694

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Thanks for the info, first diesel vehicle I have owned.

Would anyone have a photo they could post/im me so I can tell what is the correct setup?

Pan has about .5 in play up and down.

Cheers!

I’d just wire the heat shield up a bit or bend it so that it doesn’t contact anything. Simple repair. Your AC should be able to maintain a differential temp of about 20 degrees (intake vs. output) AT THE UNIT. If yours is ducted the output at some vents could be significantly warmer. There are several threads here that can help you evaluate and possibly improve its performance. Personally, I’d try to do some exploration before I’d take it to the dealer.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:29 AM   #1695

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Refrigerator questions or problem?

My Compass 24TF has a Norcold 512 refrigerator that I am not sure is really working properly or perhaps my expectations are too great. I have completed all the resets and have no codes showing on the front panel. At the coldest possible setting (9) the refrigerator never gets below 45 degrees and during warm weather it was struggling to stay at 50 degrees. Makes no difference if on electric or propane. There is no frost or moisture ever showing up on the cooling fins, but the freezer is cold enough to make ice. So my questions are: is there any fan to circulate the cold from the freezer section to the refrigerator section? Looking at the owners information it appears there is a fan somewhere, but I don't see or hear one anywhere. What cooling setting do others have their refrigerators on and what temperature is it maintaining? I realize these absorption units are different animals from typical residential units having a compressor. Just not sure what I should expect. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #1696

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
My Compass 24TF has a Norcold 512 refrigerator that I am not sure is really working properly or perhaps my expectations are too great. I have completed all the resets and have no codes showing on the front panel. At the coldest possible setting (9) the refrigerator never gets below 45 degrees and during warm weather it was struggling to stay at 50 degrees. Makes no difference if on electric or propane. There is no frost or moisture ever showing up on the cooling fins, but the freezer is cold enough to make ice. So my questions are: is there any fan to circulate the cold from the freezer section to the refrigerator section? Looking at the owners information it appears there is a fan somewhere, but I don't see or hear one anywhere. What cooling setting do others have their refrigerators on and what temperature is it maintaining? I realize these absorption units are different animals from typical residential units having a compressor. Just not sure what I should expect. Thanks for the help.

I don’t have your model of Norcold but the one in my coach, also a Norcold, will get the freezer down to about -15 and the fridge to about 20 on it’s coldest setting. It is very slow in doing so though so if you are opening the doors often or if the seal on the door is not tight you might be fighting a losing battle. Also, it doesn’t work nearly as well if you have a lot of stuff in your fridge. I do not believe there is any way to alter the flow of coolant between the compartments. Putting a small battery operated fan in the lower compartment can be a very big help. You can buy them for this specific purpose for under $10 on Amazon. But I’d start by checking to see if your doors are sealing tightly.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #1697

THOR #19878
Can folks that have a Compass/Gemni TW post a photo of their discharge hose connection? Mine will only fit thru the compartment door and not below. See attached.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201016_173051.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	26744Click image for larger version

Name:	20201016_173101.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	26745
Old 10-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #1698

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
It looks like some genius engineer put the hole in the wrong place. I would try and find a short 2 foot compartment hose and connect that way or cut another hole and put it where it would work for you, in my 23 TB its close to the compartment door.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 10-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #1699

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Can you attach an elbow to it in order to run your hose through the opening?

Paul
Old 10-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #1700

THOR #19878
No, opening to close.

Goiing to let dealer correct it since this is a new rv.
Thanks

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall