Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2020, 04:06 PM   #1701

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Looks like you are missing the swivel on the end of the discharge pipe that rotates down through that round opening. You attach your sewer hose to the pipe as it sticks through the opening. The sewer hose should not run through the compartment opening.

At least that is how my 23TR works.

Good Luck,

Paul

Old 10-19-2020, 04:17 PM   #1702

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul N View Post
Looks like you are missing the swivel on the end of the discharge pipe that rotates down through that round opening. You attach your sewer hose to the pipe as it sticks through the opening. The sewer hose should not run through the compartment opening.

At least that is how my 23TR works.

Good Luck,

Paul
Photo would be great if you have one.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #1703

THOR #9752
Check out this youtube video, it shows the swivel. Just push down hard on the swivel so it is facing directly through the round opening. The first couple of times it is quite stiff, after using it a few times it will be much easier.

Paul
Old 10-19-2020, 04:43 PM   #1704

THOR #9752
Check out this youtube video, it shows the swivel. Just push down hard on the swivel so it is facing directly through the round opening. The first couple of times it is quite stiff, after using it a few times it will be much easier.

Paul
Old 10-19-2020, 04:44 PM   #1705

THOR #9752
Not sure why it posted twice - technology is a wonderful thing!!!

Paul
Old 10-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #1706

THOR #19878
My discharge pipe comes out straight, so no swivel.

I'll have a chat with Thor and see what they suggest.

I believe I can get an 8" access hatch to replace the 6" and then everything should fix fine.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2020, 08:05 PM   #1707

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
My 24Tf does not go through a compartment either and is straight. So I purchased a 90 degree connector so it points down and away from the generator exhaust. very poor design from the factory to say the least. I then put a cap on the fitting so it is easily accessed.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:13 PM   #1708

THOR #17969
Latest update: New cooling unit installed by dealer from Norcold. Weekend trip produced same results. MH back at dealer who is sending off more temperature tests to Norcold. Dealer thinks Norcold will likely replace entire refrigerator and not another cooling unit. 9 months of a defective refrigerator is pretty frustrating. At least dealer offered to winterize free of charge to compensate for the aggravation. At least that's something....
Old 10-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #1709

Model: 23 TR
THOR #10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
My Compass 24TF has a Norcold 512 refrigerator that I am not sure is really working properly or perhaps my expectations are too great. I have completed all the resets and have no codes showing on the front panel. At the coldest possible setting (9) the refrigerator never gets below 45 degrees and during warm weather it was struggling to stay at 50 degrees. Makes no difference if on electric or propane. There is no frost or moisture ever showing up on the cooling fins, but the freezer is cold enough to make ice. So my questions are: is there any fan to circulate the cold from the freezer section to the refrigerator section? Looking at the owners information it appears there is a fan somewhere, but I don't see or hear one anywhere. What cooling setting do others have their refrigerators on and what temperature is it maintaining? I realize these absorption units are different animals from typical residential units having a compressor. Just not sure what I should expect. Thanks for the help.
I have had all of the problems with this Norcold 512 unit. Here is the fix mine will go to 32 degress with outside temperature in the 90. $29.95 total adjustable and fix it easy!
https://www.snip-the-tip.com/NorcoldThermistor.htm
Old 10-22-2020, 10:26 PM   #1710

THOR #17969
refrigerator

Thanks Campy! Dealer left a message to call in the morning as they have an update. I will see what they have to say first. Do you also have circulating fans on the fins or just the thermostat now? I plan to add the fans to give uniform temperatures in the fridge area, but don't want to screw things up if I replace the thermister too. Again, thanks for the help!
Old 10-22-2020, 10:53 PM   #1711

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Gemini and Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
I have had all of the problems with this Norcold 512 unit. Here is the fix mine will go to 32 degress with outside temperature in the 90. $29.95 total adjustable and fix it easy!

https://www.snip-the-tip.com/NorcoldThermistor.htm

You can test your fridge to see if this might work. Just unplug your thermistor entirely and see what happens. Disconnecting it will instruct the fridge to run continuously. It should get so cold it freezes the bottom part. If that happens you will know that the fridge is capable enough and either the thermistor or the control board is the problem.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:11 PM   #1712

THOR #17969
good to know, thanks Pete!
Old 10-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #1713

Model: 23 TR
THOR #10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
Thanks Campy! Dealer left a message to call in the morning as they have an update. I will see what they have to say first. Do you also have circulating fans on the fins or just the thermostat now? I plan to add the fans to give uniform temperatures in the fridge area, but don't want to screw things up if I replace the thermister too. Again, thanks for the help!
I understand completely as I went through a lot of issues on my unit as well. I have a small computer fan attached to a small phone supplemental battery charger(battery pack). I just realized that I haven't used it again since I made the thermister change just haven't needed it. I live in FL where it is still hot and humid as well. I dropped my inside refrigerator from 90 degrees to 32 degrees in less than 8 hours with no frost. I had to dial back the cooling as it is very easy to adjust. Make sure to move any food away from directly in front of the cooling fins might help in your situation. Thanks Carl
Old 10-29-2020, 08:29 PM   #1714

THOR #19878
Propane furnace 1st time startup

Hello all,

I decided to test the propane furnace out since we got a cold spell here.

The smoke detector went off after a few minutes, not sure if this is normal the first time that the furnace is used.

The smoke detector did go off after I turned off the furnace, only ran it for 5 minutes or so.

Also the furnace didn't get very hot, is that by design?

Cheers!
Old 10-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #1715

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
If it had never been started before, that is not unusual because its burning off any dust or anything that was part of the manufacturing process. I would start it again and leave a window open or turn on the overhead fan. Not sure what you mean about not getting hot, the brown cover is warm to the touch and the air coming out should be very warm.
Hope this helps
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 11-01-2020, 03:38 PM   #1716

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21024
2021 Compass or Gemini Owner's

Hello,
I would love to hear from folks who have purchased a 2021 Compass or Gemini on the new AWD Transit EcoBoost Chassis. How is the ride? Gas Milage? Tried in bad weather? Overall initial quality? Things like that and anything else to offer. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #1717

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
2021 Gemini AWD

This one is OUTSTANDING!
Ride is very smooth and easy to drive, lots of power. Very stable on slick roads, great traction! The QUALITY has been improved, Thor has paid attention to the Forum.
This is the one we have waited for!!
Old 11-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #1718

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
2021 Gemini AWD

Forgot to add, gas mileage, 17-18 mpg
Old 11-01-2020, 10:21 PM   #1719

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21024
Great to hear! Thanks for the input.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #1720

THOR #19878
Fuse/Breaker panel question

Hello All,

I am putting together a list for my warranty service and I noticed that the fuse/breakers are at an angle compared to the cover.

Is this something you think should be corrected or just a cosmetic issue?

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	breaker panel.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	27007  

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall