Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2020, 01:25 AM   #1761

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Roadrunner
The saniflush should spray water into the black tank to help clean it out just after dumping. I usually allow it to almost fill back up before dumping the black a second time. If I noticed that it is still dirty, I run it a third time. I do have a clear attachment to my sewer hose to monitor when clear looking water comes out.

On the slide controls, you should hold the button down until the slide is either fully extended or fully retracted and continue to hold the button an additional 2-3 seconds to keep the slide motors in sync. If they are out of sync, just cycle them a couple of times to get them back in working order.

I have my hot water set to 106 with my adjustable water pressure set to 55psi. Do not operate the cold water. Only turn on the hot. If it gets too hot you can very slightly turn on the cold until you reach a desired hot temp. If you turn on the cold too fast, it automatically bypasses the heating and forces the sudden cold to hit the shower until it can catch back up to heating again. Once you get used to how it operates, you will love it. Remember that it takes propane to operate the on demand hot water system.

Paul

Old 12-17-2020, 01:55 PM   #1762

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
Hi Roadrunner
The saniflush should spray water into the black tank to help clean it out just after dumping. I usually allow it to almost fill back up before dumping the black a second time. If I noticed that it is still dirty, I run it a third time. I do have a clear attachment to my sewer hose to monitor when clear looking water comes out.

On the slide controls, you should hold the button down until the slide is either fully extended or fully retracted and continue to hold the button an additional 2-3 seconds to keep the slide motors in sync. If they are out of sync, just cycle them a couple of times to get them back in working order.

I have my hot water set to 106 with my adjustable water pressure set to 55psi. Do not operate the cold water. Only turn on the hot. If it gets too hot you can very slightly turn on the cold until you reach a desired hot temp. If you turn on the cold too fast, it automatically bypasses the heating and forces the sudden cold to hit the shower until it can catch back up to heating again. Once you get used to how it operates, you will love it. Remember that it takes propane to operate the on demand hot water system.

Paul
Thanks all, I'll have the dealer check the santiflush and slide at my next warranty service!
Old 12-20-2020, 09:16 PM   #1763

THOR #19878
Help, main power distribution center where the fuses/breakers are is beeping and lost power to the rvmaster system no lights in coach.

Reset breakers and fuses look good any suggestions?

Am on the road.
Cheers
Update only lights in rvmaster are out and Jenson radio out.

Will check chassis fuses.

Fuse was blown for coach batteries which are dead now, single point of failure.

Will try shore power when we get to our destination.
Beeping is going to drive us crazy.

Funny I checked everything before we left and coach batteries were fine.

We drove 12 hrs yesterday in rain, hopefully something didnt get wet.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #1764

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Sorry no experience with this... Try GFI reset in bathroom receptacle? Nancy
Old 12-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #1765

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
There is a 100 amp breaker the feeds power from your coach batteries to the power distribution center. It will be located somewhere near those coach batteries in the same compartment area. It will have either a red or yellow flag exposed. Just push it back into place if it has tripped.

Paul
Old 12-22-2020, 11:05 AM   #1766

THOR #19878
Thanks, was looking at this and how it resets and I saw a yellow flag tucked up. Interesting that its 50 amp and coach is rated at 30 amp.

Buss Marine Grade Heavy Duty Manual Reset 50 amp DC Circuit Breaker Fuse #25450

Was not tripped but the 15 amp red wire and 3 amp yellow wire were. Not sure what they control.

Stange also that with the battery switch off both batteries were charging while driving.

Thought that when off it took the batteries out.

Still looking into why both fuses blew.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201221_144600.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	27761Click image for larger version

Name:	20201221_153202.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	27762
Old 12-22-2020, 12:44 PM   #1767

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Thanks, was looking at this and how it resets and I saw a yellow flag tucked up. Interesting that its 50 amp and coach is rated at 30 amp.
Two different things. 50amp DC wiring between batteries and DC power distribution center (with probably a 45 amp charger). 30amp AC from AC power source (pedestal) into converter and breaker box for AC circuits.
Old 12-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #1768

State: Florida
THOR #18784
If you look up how to improve roof top a/c you will find a video with instructions. I did this and a significant improvement in cooling.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:15 PM   #1769

THOR #19878
According to Thor fuses control dash radio mem and power. Need to clarify that its not the jensen or bmpro devices.

12 volt coach battery drain issue happened after 13 hrs of driving in the rain and when refrig is on 12volts.

Also the go power solar pre wired controller never displayed any voltages until after the issue.

Btw, i noticed when the battery switch is in the off position the coach batteries charge when driving? Is this correct?

Cheers!
Quote:

Buss Marine Grade Heavy Duty Manual Reset 50 amp DC Circuit Breaker Fuse #25450

Was not tripped but the 15 amp red wire and 3 amp yellow wire were. Not sure what they control.

Stange also that with the battery switch off both batteries were charging while driving.

Thought that when off it took the batteries out.

Still looking into why both fuses blew.Attachment 27761Attachment 27762
Old 12-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #1770

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Hi Roadrunner
Not sure if you've registered at the Thor owner site yet. You'll find many of the manuals for your specific rig if you do. Go to https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/ and register using the Ford VIN - not the motorhome VIN.
You should find a "Quick Start" Master Battery Disconnect Switch document. It says power to the dash radio (and backup camera) comes from the auxiliary batteries - so the switch needs to be on - or "Use".
It also says this switch provides charging voltage to auxiliary batteries via the vehicle's alternator.
You should also find an excellent 60 page Electrical System Guide that should answer many of your questions.
There are lots of other manuals and videos. I spent my first winter (before taking possession of my motorhome) going through all these manuals and downloaded all of them in case I have a problem and no internet.
Old 12-28-2020, 04:50 PM   #1771

THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongrant View Post
Hi Roadrunner
Not sure if you've registered at the Thor owner site yet. You'll find many of the manuals for your specific rig if you do. Go to https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/ and register using the Ford VIN - not the motorhome VIN.
You should find a "Quick Start" Master Battery Disconnect Switch document. It says power to the dash radio (and backup camera) comes from the auxiliary batteries - so the switch needs to be on - or "Use".
It also says this switch provides charging voltage to auxiliary batteries via the vehicle's alternator.
You should also find an excellent 60 page Electrical System Guide that should answer many of your questions.
There are lots of other manuals and videos. I spent my first winter (before taking possession of my motorhome) going through all these manuals and downloaded all of them in case I have a problem and no internet.
Thanks, I am registered and going back over the documents.
Thor also sent me a link to a bunch of their videos as well.

I didn't see anything specific regarding battery charging while the switch is in the off position. Just that it takes the coach batteries out of the circuit to prevent battery discharge from devices in the coach.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:51 PM   #1772

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
It's my understanding that the switch should be in the "On" (Use) position for any charging including from the alternator. (I reread the documents and it's not completely clear - but seems to indicate it.)
Our rig is parked in our yard - so if we're not travelling, it's plugged into shore power. I very seldom turn that Use/Store switch off. It charges from the AC when parked and charges great while driving from the alternator.
If your batteries are charging with the switch in the off position, something does not seem right. It also does not seem right that your fridge is running on 12V with that switch in the off position.
Maybe do a few more "tests" with a volt meter? Engine running, switch off; Engine running, switch on; Engine off, switch off; Engine off, switch on; Shore power (or generator) on, switch on and then off.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:56 PM   #1773

THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongrant View Post
It's my understanding that the switch should be in the "On" (Use) position for any charging including from the alternator. (I reread the documents and it's not completely clear - but seems to indicate it.)
Our rig is parked in our yard - so if we're not travelling, it's plugged into shore power. I very seldom turn that Use/Store switch off. It charges from the AC when parked and charges great while driving from the alternator.
If your batteries are charging with the switch in the off position, something does not seem right. It also does not seem right that your fridge is running on 12V with that switch in the off position.
Maybe do a few more "tests" with a volt meter? Engine running, switch off; Engine running, switch on; Engine off, switch off; Engine off, switch on; Shore power (or generator) on, switch on and then off.
According to the TMC Electrical system guide

Chassis Alternator
The motorhome’s electrical system is wired so that when the vehicle's engine is running, and the chassis alternator is engaged, charging voltage is supplied to both the chassis and house battery(ies). The house main battery switch must be ON in order for the house battery to be charged by the chassis alternator (see Chassis Alternator and Battery Isolation Manager Sections).!
Old 12-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #1774

Model: Gemini 23tw
THOR #21664
RVmaster app will not turn off generator

Hi All,

Everything else works fine on the RV master app and it is updated to the lastest version. In fact, I don't belive it's possible to roll it back. When I installed an older APK on my phone (I turned off data), It still told me to update.
I have to turn off the generator from the outside.

I have emailed Thor and BMPRO and have not heard anything back.

I also noticed that I cannot install Wingaurd connect on the android controller in the coach. No biggie but going forward it would be really nice to get a similar sized tablet with a better screen and put it in there. There seems to be no way of updating the android version on the included controller.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:33 PM   #1775

Model: Gemini
State: Oregon
THOR #21423
We just had this happen and what we found out is you have to set the generator to diesel (in the settings) for it to work for some reason. There is more of a delay before it starts but at least it works.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:48 PM   #1776

Model: Gemini 23tw
THOR #21664
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX247 View Post
We just had this happen and what we found out is you have to set the generator to diesel (in the settings) for it to work for some reason. There is more of a delay before it starts but at least it works.
I couldn't find anything to set the generator to diesel. Is this in the RVMaster app on the control panel inside the door?

Today, I turned off the main power switch by the step. I then removed the android tablet from the wall. When I took out the plug at the back, the tablet shut down. I put the plug back in, turned on the master switch and the tablet rebooted. No difference unfortunately. When I go to shut down the generator the status says "stopped" but it's still running.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:27 PM   #1777

Model: Gemini
State: Oregon
THOR #21423
I think it is in the hidden config menu on the RVMaster app on the control panel. Here is how you get into it...

Click the "GENERAL SETTINGS" title bar 5 times fast. It does not look like a button. It is a hidden configuration menu.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:54 PM   #1778

THOR #19878
How to keep the House batteries from discharging

Hello All,

Is there a device that I can attach to my house batteries to prevent them from being drained?

I had an issue where they got drained and I don't want to go thru this issue again, too expensive to keep replacing them!

Cheers!
Old 01-04-2021, 02:02 PM   #1779

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Hello All,

Is there a device that I can attach to my house batteries to prevent them from being drained?

I had an issue where they got drained and I don't want to go thru this issue again, too expensive to keep replacing them!

Cheers!

You can easily add a disconnect device but it won’t be entirely effective. The batteries will still self discharge over a period of 3 or 4 weeks. I got tired of it too and installed an 80W solar panel with a Trik L Start on the chassis battery. So far, even with the gray Indiana winter it’s keeping all 3 of my batteries topped up. One of the best mods I’ve done .
Old 01-04-2021, 04:18 PM   #1780

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #18475

Hello Experienced Thor owners!
Happy New Year!
I understand my Thor Compass (2017) is compatible with shore power 30 amp.
What happens when a park advertises power is 50 amp?
Do I need an adapter of come kind?
Forgive my ignorance.
Jane

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall