Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2021, 10:57 PM   #1821

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #20712
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
O.K. Gemi Heads,
Spent my whole life working in the manufacturing field. ( machinist). About 6 years minimum till retirement. I see on YouTube and overhear campers talk about working from home or working on the road. Been to embarrassed to ask, what exactly are you doing ? Can a person actually make enough on the road or at home , and also what about wifi availability? type of equipment ect. Anyone have experience in this field?
Doug
This is upcoming in March 4 -8, 2021. There is a free option in addition to paying options. https://rethinking-remote-work-virtu...4Sbf_FKzKxw-24

Old 02-23-2021, 07:53 PM   #1822

THOR #22045
Am I missing slide ceiling sweep?

Hi All
Recently purchased 2021 Thor Gemini 23 TW. As is the nature of the beast I had minor issues that have been or will be resolved by the good folks at Camping World of Longmont, Colorado.
As I was organizing motorhome I noticed that the Slide ceiling interior sweep was missing.... My other campers had interior sweep for ceiling.. Is this a production change or an oops by Thor Mfg.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:11 PM   #1823

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I would hazard a guess that it was missed as cannot see how rain or snow or critters would be kept out. The horizontal sweep on my 2018 Compass 23 TB was adjusted by my dealer as you could see light inside from the outside. I found this out when we were doing our at night search for places the unwanted guests could get in.
Coveman2
Old 02-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #1824

THOR #22045
It does have the horizontal sweep on the exterior... Just no sweep on inside. I do think it was overlooked.. Probably a Hicup on the assembly line. Eyeballing it with good flashlight I can see the outer sweep
Old 02-24-2021, 02:54 AM   #1825

Model: Four Winds 25V
State: British Columbia
THOR #16038
Quote:
Originally Posted by RckyMtnDry View Post
Hi All
Recently purchased 2021 Thor Gemini 23 TW. As is the nature of the beast I had minor issues that have been or will be resolved by the good folks at Camping World of Longmont, Colorado.
As I was organizing motorhome I noticed that the Slide ceiling interior sweep was missing.... My other campers had interior sweep for ceiling.. Is this a production change or an oops by Thor Mfg.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Hi RCKYMTNDRY : Here is a picture of my slides sweep ,I also sent a picture of my slide lock in place , this is a safety lock , just in case ,something you may want to consider.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0157baa78d8100f1490287d66dfc4188f6c6cee986.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	28708   Click image for larger version

Name:	01c1e6edbbba83f230d15a4b1a583d94b464331f9a.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	28709  

Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #1826

THOR #22045
Thanks for the Pics. Have unit at storage facility now.. will have to make a trip out there and will take pics of what I have.. or don't have.

Off that subject.. other issue (I tried forum search first) The access door on back of RV for the water heater does not latch properly. Two short trips and door popped open both times. Rather a chincy latching mechanism.. Anyone else have problems/solutions for this issue
thanks
Old 02-24-2021, 04:19 PM   #1827

THOR #13224
No but when closing make sure the spring goes back in and the plastic latch is turned down.
Coveman2
Old 02-24-2021, 05:05 PM   #1828

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
More than one type...

Which water heater do you have? If it's the tankless Girard, you need to locate the silicone grommet around the exhaust port as you close the door. Once its located, close the door that last little bit and slide the latch to the closed position. The grommet is floating to accommodate different locations and still provide a close fit. The latch may need a squirt of Silicone lube to ensure free action.
I've lived with the Girard on two rigs over 4 years and know it fairly well!

Good luck!
Old 02-24-2021, 05:07 PM   #1829

THOR #16038
Quote:
Originally Posted by RckyMtnDry View Post
Thanks for the Pics. Have unit at storage facility now.. will have to make a trip out there and will take pics of what I have.. or don't have.

Off that subject.. other issue (I tried forum search first) The access door on back of RV for the water heater does not latch properly. Two short trips and door popped open both times. Rather a chincy latching mechanism.. Anyone else have problems/solutions for this issue
thanks
I've had no problems with mine. Here are two pictures of the spring coveman2 talked about. The spring helps to hold the latch closed (locked). Could yours be missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01edb5737aac449bf72df07f0e9caf206468434142.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	28724   Click image for larger version

Name:	01841de30a72c5af74f2de016cdc43280fdf386ba6.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	28725  

Old 03-04-2021, 02:10 PM   #1830

State: New York
THOR #21441
Exclamation Most common issues for walk through

Delivery pending in a couple of weeks for Gemini TW and gathering some of the more common issues to watch for. For our past 3 MH we had at least 1-2 pages filled, that's just the way it is, so we expect this will be no different.

Please add to the list

Hanging wires underneath
Proximity of muffler / tailpipe to the black tank end causing melting
Caulk / leak by the skylight
loose screws on the cabinets
slide function / malfunction
General trim in the MH

Thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #1831

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Compass/Gemini Cover

Just sold my house and my RVPort. Will have to put my Compass 23TR in a storage facility so looking for a decent cover to shield it from the South Florida Sun.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul
Old 03-04-2021, 04:52 PM   #1832

Model: Gemini
State: Oregon
THOR #21423
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokoloko View Post
Delivery pending in a couple of weeks for Gemini TW and gathering some of the more common issues to watch for. For our past 3 MH we had at least 1-2 pages filled, that's just the way it is, so we expect this will be no different.

Please add to the list

Hanging wires underneath
General trim in the MH

Thanks in advance
Other issues we had:
- The black tank flush leaked water into the rig
- Refrigerator did not work with gas (only AC and battery)
- Make sure you put the slide in and out a bunch of times and look for scratches on the slide guides. Our slide failed after 10 or so uses and the whole slide mechanism had to be replaced. The mechanic said it was not assembled correct.
- Make sure all of your charge ports work. The one over the bed that has a cigarette lighter was wired backwards.
- Make sure you fire up the generator and the heat pump. There was a software update needed to make the heat pump work and then there was another software update that broke the generator (so make sure the software you have works)

Once we get these all fixed we really love the rig. They just seem to be throwing these things out the door so the quality is pretty low.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #1833

THOR #13224
I would check out Hugger Covers in Canada. They are a little pricey but they are custom made for your rig and they ship anywhere and with the exchange rate you should do pretty good. I will be ordering one for next fall as my current Classic Accessories is on it last legs and needs to be replaced. The cool thing about the Hugger they have a system where you do not have to get up on the roof to put it on.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 03-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #1834

THOR #16038
Most common issues for walk through

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokoloko View Post

Please add to the list

Hanging wires underneath
General trim in the MH

Thanks in advance
These M/H don't come with a good manual ( Book). I was told just go on line everything there , and it is. But if you are not in a cell location this can be trying. I since have printed my own manual with many articles from this forum. I also learnt not to operate the slide with just battery, have the generator or ac power on. I found with just battery the slide would stall going in or out, which cause the 2 motors to loose sync. I found I would have to push the slide until the other motor kicked in. I had several drawer locks brake loose screws and just thing needing adjustment. After getting to know my Gemini I love it. Now its making changes and buying toys ( personalizing it ).
Old 03-04-2021, 06:35 PM   #1835

State: New York
THOR #21441
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX247 View Post
Other issues we had:
- The black tank flush leaked water into the rig
- Refrigerator did not work with gas (only AC and battery)
- Make sure you put the slide in and out a bunch of times and look for scratches on the slide guides. Our slide failed after 10 or so uses and the whole slide mechanism had to be replaced. The mechanic said it was not assembled correct.
- Make sure all of your charge ports work. The one over the bed that has a cigarette lighter was wired backwards.
- Make sure you fire up the generator and the heat pump. There was a software update needed to make the heat pump work and then there was another software update that broke the generator (so make sure the software you have works)

Once we get these all fixed we really love the rig. They just seem to be throwing these things out the door so the quality is pretty low.

Much appreciated. Once I get a bunch of responses I will compile a list for new owners to use for their walk through with all of the suggestions from the community. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:49 PM   #1836

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Follow up on my 12volt issue with 12v still applied while battery switch off.

Dealer determined battery relay was bad. Will verify and check house battery health since both batteries were drained down to nothing 3 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Thanks, was looking at this and how it resets and I saw a yellow flag tucked up. Interesting that its 50 amp and coach is rated at 30 amp.

Buss Marine Grade Heavy Duty Manual Reset 50 amp DC Circuit Breaker Fuse #25450

Was not tripped but the 15 amp red wire and 3 amp yellow wire were. Not sure what they control.

Stange also that with the battery switch off both batteries were charging while driving.

Thought that when off it took the batteries out.

Still looking into why both fuses blew.Attachment 27761Attachment 27762
Old 04-07-2021, 11:16 PM   #1837
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #17642
Cabinet Hinge Failure

Anyone have experience with the hinges on the cabinet door above the kitchen area failing? My door just fell off. The hinge just pulled out of the door! Crazy.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #1838

Brand: Still Looking
State: Virginia
THOR #15157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
O.K. Gemi Heads,
Spent my whole life working in the manufacturing field. ( machinist). About 6 years minimum till retirement. I see on YouTube and overhear campers talk about working from home or working on the road. Been to embarrassed to ask, what exactly are you doing ? Can a person actually make enough on the road or at home , and also what about wifi availability? type of equipment ect. Anyone have experience in this field?
Doug
I work as an analyst in an office so working from home or from the RV is not really different than in my office. Basically work on a computer all day. Meetings we now do virtual. I use a Verizon MiFi for internet and pay for unlimited access. I haven’t been in dead spots, but can use my phone to connect as well.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #1839

State: Iowa
THOR #9915
I had the same thing happen the first year we owned our Gemini. We were a LONG way from a dealer, so I drilled holes in the the door and bolted it fast. BIG MISTAKE. When I got home I discovered that since I had "modified" the door they would do nothing about it. The door still has bolts holding it to the hinge. The rest I cut some slivers of cardboard (that is what those curved doors are made of), and one at a time removed a screw, inserted my glue soaked cardboard and put the screw back in. Haven't had any trouble since.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:23 PM   #1840

Model: Gemini
State: Oregon
THOR #21423
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Anyone have experience with the hinges on the cabinet door above the kitchen area failing? My door just fell off. The hinge just pulled out of the door! Crazy.
We have a 2021 Thor Gemini and the doors have not fallen off (yet)....but...we do have a dedicated drawer in the trailer where we put all the parts that fall off during our trips My glue gun is my favorite tool on this rig.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall