Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2021, 05:57 PM   #1841

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #22741
Gemini 23 TW solar/battery/inverter upgrades

Hello To All,

We have owned our Gemini TW for about a month now and are starting to think about upgrading the coach batteries, solar and add an inverter to allow more non-Gen boondocking time
Has anyone tackled this yet?
I see huge difference on 100 amph lithium battery prices $150-950?

Old 04-11-2021, 07:17 PM   #1842

State: Kentucky
THOR #9444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul N View Post
Just sold my house and my RVPort. Will have to put my Compass 23TR in a storage facility so looking for a decent cover to shield it from the South Florida Sun.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul
I have an ADCO 64861 cover still in original shipping plastic. The rv it was intended for was burned to the ground by a beater pickup truck parked next to it that caught on fire and took my Compass with it.

It was designed for a Winnebago Navion, but by the specs it will fit a Compass just fine. If you are interested I will sell cheap. It was $323 on Amazon. How about $200?
Old 04-11-2021, 09:35 PM   #1843

State: Colorado
THOR #20712
I would suggest you check out Will Prowse Power on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoj...q8kmJme-5dnN0Q
Old 04-12-2021, 12:06 PM   #1844

THOR #22741
Thanks - a tonne of good info here
Old 04-12-2021, 07:37 PM   #1845

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Slide controller cables routing and storage container cutout seal

Hello all,
I have a 2020 Compass 23TW and the slide out controller cables hang and get pinched when extracting/retracting the slide and the cutout in the storage container needs sealing.

Would anyone have a photo of there' that you could pm me?

Dealer cant seem to figure it out.
BTW cant put in a customer care form on their site, the button never submits the request, tried 3 different browsers and my phone same issue.

Cheers!

Old 04-12-2021, 08:59 PM   #1846

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
The cutoff is an easy one. You can buy a can of foam sealant from the hardware store and seal up that hole with the foam.

Paul
Old 04-12-2021, 09:53 PM   #1847

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
To all gemini diesel owners;
I have a 23 ft Gemini w 302 diesel, currently stuck In ostero Florida, check engine light went on ,made it to auto zone, checked code w code checker came up w p24A0, looked that up and means DPF can't work or won't work....
So ...def won't regenerate.tried a dozen or so dealerships nearby ,all are booked till may.i do know that there is a hand held computer that plugs into ckeck codes box that bypasses everything to regenerate DPF.but can't find anyone who's got one . They all want to make a appointment for may the earliest.im due in destin on Sunday, and south Carolina on the following Friday.
Help.....help.....help!
Old 04-12-2021, 10:36 PM   #1848

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I had the same problem happen to me, I was lucky enough to find a Ford dealer who could do a manual regen of the DEF system, it did not take very long and the tech that worked on it said that if I kept driving at a reduced speed it would do a regen by itself but could take an hour or so of driving at reduced rate, and make sure your DEF tank was full
You might call around to the bigger truck service shops and see if they could do a manual regen.
Coveman2
Old 04-12-2021, 11:23 PM   #1849

THOR #7475
Called and talked to at least a dozen different places, all either didn't want to work on it , were too busy to do it or didnt know what I was talking about. One guy had me looking for a regen switch on the sun visor,wanted $150 to come out and fix it. Gonna try driving to winter haven Florida tomorrow morning, 3 hours away , service guy says I'll make it , just don't drive crazy, I have no choice but to try
Wish me luck and thanks for reply,
Doug kirk
Old 04-13-2021, 01:40 AM   #1850

THOR #13224
When it happened to me we were on a two lane highway in northern Alberta Canada and if we kept it at about 40 mph it ran OK just no pick up, you should be OK and you will not damage anything. As Hon Solo said to Chewbaca just fly casual.
Good luck
Coveman2
Old 04-13-2021, 12:46 PM   #1851

THOR #13224
Another idea I thought about, have you tried calling Ford`s Customer service line? Maybe they can put some pressure on a local Ford truck dealer to get you in.
Coveman2
Old 04-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #1852

THOR #7475
Made it to winter haven Florida,at jarret gordon Ford. Waiting in parking lot.
Thanks
Old 04-13-2021, 01:42 PM   #1853

THOR #13224
Let us know how you made out.
Stay safe and safe travels
Good Luck from Canada
Coveman2
Old 04-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #1854

THOR #7475
Well...
Looks like we boondocks tonight in dealership parking lot .new ignighters supposed to be in tomorrow should be in back at estero tomorrow night.Good chance to test brand new lithium batteries and suitcase solar panels.
P.S.
5 year warrity on vehical from Ford starts date thor bought vehical not date u bought vehical from Thor, if Thor dose not notify Ford of date of sale , u may end up paying for something normally covered
Old 04-16-2021, 03:50 AM   #1855

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
Enjoy pics of the Rat's nest on my rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Hello all,
I have a 2020 Compass 23TW and the slide out controller cables hang and get pinched when extracting/retracting the slide and the cutout in the storage container needs sealing.

Would anyone have a photo of there' that you could pm me?

Dealer cant seem to figure it out.
BTW cant put in a customer care form on their site, the button never submits the request, tried 3 different browsers and my phone same issue.

Cheers!

I have the same coach.
My slide controller wiring is mostly tied up in a zip tie next to the controller. Only enough wire needs to be out or available to reach between the "hole" and the controller when the slide is in and when it is out. I'd reach into the compartment where the controller is when the slide is out and pull the cable into the compartment, leave a little (6" slack" and tie it up with a tie wrap. see pics below of my own rat's nest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_163754.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	29798   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_163802.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	29799  

Old 04-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #1856

State: Arizona
THOR #22266
New Gemini 23TR owner, trying to figure out the Air Conditioner

Hi, I am new to RVing and I just bought a used Gemini 23TR (2018 with 7500 miles) and am getting ready for my first trip. I'm in Southern AZ and I tried starting up the Air conditioner for the first time and it just blows hot air. That's problem #1

problem number 2 is there's no air in the front of the RV -- there appears to be an AC unit on the forward roof but I can't find any controls for it -- when I use the Dometic Thermostat it only has "Zone 1" and no other zones will work.

I'm running this on the internal generator power. I didn't think the AC could be depleted after 7500 miles but even so that doesn't explain that the air only blows in the back and if the rear slide out isn't extended the hot air just blows into that compressed area.

My theories for these two separate problems are:

(1) maybe generator power isn't enough to run both AC? but that wouldn't explain why the one AC that is working is just blowing hot air.

(2) maybe there is another control somewhere in the cabin that I can't find? unlikely and why? Seems to me since i have air ducts in the front of the cabin that I should just be able to direct the air to Zone 1 or Zone 2 but there doesn't seem to be a zone 2 even though there appears to be an AC unit in front.

I think the AC in the rear is a Dometic Penguin low profile AC with heat pump (which DOES work) -- just can't get it to blow cold air

Any suggestions? Trying to get an RV tech to work here in Southern AZ when the snowbirds are driving north right now is very difficult.

Thanks
Jim
Old 04-20-2021, 04:56 PM   #1857

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logisnews View Post
Hi, I am new to RVing and I just bought a used Gemini 23TR (2018 with 7500 miles) and am getting ready for my first trip. I'm in Southern AZ and I tried starting up the Air conditioner for the first time and it just blows hot air. That's problem #1

problem number 2 is there's no air in the front of the RV -- there appears to be an AC unit on the forward roof but I can't find any controls for it -- when I use the Dometic Thermostat it only has "Zone 1" and no other zones will work.

I'm running this on the internal generator power. I didn't think the AC could be depleted after 7500 miles but even so that doesn't explain that the air only blows in the back and if the rear slide out isn't extended the hot air just blows into that compressed area.

My theories for these two separate problems are:

(1) maybe generator power isn't enough to run both AC? but that wouldn't explain why the one AC that is working is just blowing hot air.

(2) maybe there is another control somewhere in the cabin that I can't find? unlikely and why? Seems to me since i have air ducts in the front of the cabin that I should just be able to direct the air to Zone 1 or Zone 2 but there doesn't seem to be a zone 2 even though there appears to be an AC unit in front.

I think the AC in the rear is a Dometic Penguin low profile AC with heat pump (which DOES work) -- just can't get it to blow cold air

Any suggestions? Trying to get an RV tech to work here in Southern AZ when the snowbirds are driving north right now is very difficult.

Thanks
Jim
Hi Jim,
Mine came with only 1 AC and in other posts on this forum you will read where (since the single doesn't do a great job) some folks added the 2nd unit after market. Lots of posts on modifications to help as well. I found a thermostat "reset" that help mine somewhat https://www.dometic.com/en-ca/ca/sup...uin-ii-_-20666 I didn't save the actual steps involved but a sequence of button pushing;-)
You also will want to access the Thor Owner site with your VIN to get more info manuals and diagrams https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-registration/ .
Sorry to not be of more help, Nancy
Old 04-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #1858

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
THOR #9752
RV Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgarrett View Post
I have an ADCO 64861 cover still in original shipping plastic. The rv it was intended for was burned to the ground by a beater pickup truck parked next to it that caught on fire and took my Compass with it.

It was designed for a Winnebago Navion, but by the specs it will fit a Compass just fine. If you are interested I will sell cheap. It was $323 on Amazon. How about $200?
rsgarrett,

Thanks for the offer on the cover. I have been offline for awhile trying to find a house in the HOT South West Florida real estate market. In any event, I have decided not to cover the RV for the near term.

Thanks again for the offer.

Paul
Old 04-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #1859
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The way I read the specs you only have one 13.5k BTU AC with heat pump.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:44 PM   #1860

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Check compreesor current draw to see if its good or not.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall