Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2018, 01:20 AM   #761

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TB
State: British Columbia
THOR #13560
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Wow, beautiful camp site. Good to hear all is doing well. Enjoy the rest of the shake down

Thank you! Everything humming right along - my only wish is that I could unwinterize and have running water - but alas this view is worth some sacrifice!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	14458

Old 12-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #762

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
Bed frame slats

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
I followed BDanner’s post(#743) to the letter. Whenever I get the new parts I’ll follow up with some pictures on my “ownership so far” post.
I received my bed frame a few days ago. As promised here are a couple of pictures. The new slats are about 5/8” to long so a little trimming was necessary. They are also slightly narrower & a little thicker. After trimming I just popped in the new one with no problems. At $35 each from Thor $70 for 26 slats with brackets turns out to be a pretty good deal. I’ll keep a spare set in the MH just in case. Thanks again to BDanner.
Hugh
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CD75D0C0-FA05-43D3-9B19-48A294BFE6F8.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	14559   Click image for larger version

Name:	4F3A81ED-CC44-4D8E-BA6C-B8AE6CA5EC6A.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	14560  

Old 12-18-2018, 02:49 AM   #763

Model: 2019 Gemini 24LP
State: North Dakota
THOR #7154
Smile Hairline Cracks in 2019 Gemini 24LP Fiberglass Cap

Looking for some info based on experience. Just had the new Gemini in for some warranty work in November. Got it home, took out the sleeper couch and installed reclining love seats in the slide out. As I was cleaning the roof to cover for the winter I found 4 hairline cracks in the passenger side corner where the fiberglass cap meets the metal roof. I will notify my dealer but was hoping someone could tell me how serious of a deal are these cracks. This is my my second Gemini. I never notices any cracks on the first one. Thanks in advance for any replies I might get.

Sorry if this is not in the right place. I have not posted much.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:53 AM   #764

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelChristmas View Post
Looking for some info based on experience. Just had the new Gemini in for some warranty work in November. Got it home, took out the sleeper couch and installed reclining love seats in the slide out. As I was cleaning the roof to cover for the winter I found 4 hairline cracks in the passenger side corner where the fiberglass cap meets the metal roof. I will notify my dealer but was hoping someone could tell me how serious of a deal are these cracks. This is my my second Gemini. I never notices any cracks on the first one. Thanks in advance for any replies I might get.

Sorry if this is not in the right place. I have not posted much.
ColonelChristmas, are they cracks in the fiberglass or just cracks in the caulking. I have to recaulk mine because the caulking is drying out and showing hairline cracks.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:14 AM   #765

THOR #7154
The cracks are in the fiberglass gel coat they extend up and outward from the caulking right at the very corner.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #766

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #5210
Cracks

Cracks in fiberglass aren’t a good thing you should have it looked at. Once it is out of warranty and they return and they will you will have to take it to a good fiberglass body shop and get it down right.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:46 AM   #767

THOR #7154
Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. That the cracks may or will return. My wife and I really like this motor home and we were looking to keep it for number of years.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #768

Model: Gemini 24TF
State: Arizona
THOR #14026
Thor User Documentation

For all you new owners of the TMC Gemini RUV or other Thor products, they provide a listing of downloadable documents for your VIN if you register at this link: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

I had 60 documents that did not come with the MH. Much happier now. I have a 2 day old Gemini 24TF and can't see how to turn on the furnace. This forum has been a help for some other items that I am sure will crop up on Murphy's time.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:13 AM   #769

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMML View Post
For all you new owners of the TMC Gemini RUV or other Thor products, they provide a listing of downloadable documents for your VIN if you register at this link: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

I had 60 documents that did not come with the MH. Much happier now. I have a 2 day old Gemini 24TF and can't see how to turn on the furnace. This forum has been a help for some other items that I am sure will crop up on Murphy's time.
GrannyMML,

Thank you for this info. I have had my 23TR for nearly 2 years and did not know about that information being so easily located. Thanks for sharing.

Sam
Old 12-27-2018, 05:20 AM   #770

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
I received my bed frame a few days ago. As promised here are a couple of pictures. The new slats are about 5/8” to long so a little trimming was necessary. They are also slightly narrower & a little thicker. After trimming I just popped in the new one with no problems. At $35 each from Thor $70 for 26 slats with brackets turns out to be a pretty good deal. I’ll keep a spare set in the MH just in case. Thanks again to BDanner.
Hugh
Thanks Hugh for sharing those pics. Sorry its taken so long to reply. Been dealing with some medical issues and haven't sat down at the computer for a while. Looks like I will be ordering the bed soon. Thanks again

Sam
Old 12-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #771

State: Texas
THOR #12128
Thank you for sharing this very important resource info.
Charlie Ellison
Old 12-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #772

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Attaching shelves to Interior Walls

Would like to install shelves in my 2018 Thor Compass hanging closet
and am asking, are the walls strong enough to hold three shelves made of USB covered with melamine. Intend to use `L` brackets to attached them, did this in my former Roadtrek with no problems. Do not normally carry any clothing that requires to me hung up

Happy New Year to all

Coveman
Old 12-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #773

State: Ohio
THOR #5210
Shelves

You must not have had a problem with your cabinet door screws pulling out yet, i say yet because you will. So i doubt that shelves in the paper walls will last very long if you drive the unit much.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #774

THOR #6701
I would reinforce the shelving with a 1” x 2” frame work. That way the walls won’t be supporting the weight.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #775

Model: Gemini TX
THOR #13247
Hello There,

Two younger, early retirement Freedom 55 types. We just want to say hello, bought a Mercedes Gemini TX.

To me have done full research on most C Class motorhomes both boutique and mainstream rigs, the Gemini provided me the features of a much more expensive model, but on a more reasonable budget.

We were very much interested in the LTV Unity, but did not have the rear Queen slide and that was the critical factor in this purchase.

We have now also a 2010 Fleetwood Pulse up for sale but also in the RVezy, Outdoorsy, rental programme.

My wife uses her Gemini and Pulse as a mobile law office when on trial in courthouses a distance away from the office to meet with clients in luxury in the parking lot.

This Gemini is also in the Rental Programme but on a very selective basis. My business is Property Management as I own apartment buildings and home rental.

The RV rental with this Thor is an extension of that.

I have to say there are simple yet glaring "Dumbed Down Solutions" done by Thor on this model that more thought was given in the engineering of say the Fleetwood as well higher end accessories and features.

Done on purpose I would say at to buy a more expensive Citation, Synergy I guess.

We are doing a major upgrade right now and others in research progress.

Running boards have been installed and a really nice custom brushed Aluminum Cargo Carrier off a dual post hitch to carry both a Cargo Box and our motorcycle trailer for our soon to be purchased pair of his and hers Vespa's to put around parks and grocery errands etc.

In the process of buying Alcoa DuraBright EVO Aluminum rims, Winegard WIFI Extender with LTE ATT cell, Winegard G3+.

I am now researching for solar, better battery selection, inverter etc.

I expect by doing North America in this grid pattern to been on the road for large parts of the year for up to 5+ years.

Starting with the Viking Settlements in Labrador and finish up at Mt. McKinley in Denali in Alaska.

In effect I am making my own (much less expensive, much better, LTV Unity) but on the Gemini platform.

I want to thank all those that have been posting very Gemini Rig specific information and I have lurking for a while.

Cheers, The Clarks here in Ontario Canada
Old 01-03-2019, 11:33 PM   #776
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Forum!
How about showing us some pictures of your newest "Pride & Joy"?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:57 AM   #777

THOR #13247
Excellent Price on Ebay - Lucerne Step for RV

I have them.

Bought them here.

This is for the 3500 chassis. Amazed they are still there at this price.

A fraction of the normal price.

Bought mine for 175 for the pair.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Luverne-Meg...0/273550446735
Old 01-04-2019, 02:00 AM   #778

THOR #13247
Thanks Bob Will Do. Some have been implemented so far, others shortly. An LTV in the making here. The Gemini design challenges I will address later in a post for possible modification and solutions. Cheers. P.S Your informative posts are awesome. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 AM   #779

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Welcome l will be watching as your improvements get posted! I love the Gemini/Compass floorplan too and have yet to see another RV to attract me away;-) Nancy
Old 01-07-2019, 02:30 AM   #780

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Warped walls...

So, we have a 2018 Thor Compass 23 TR. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with warped walls? When we took possession of the brand new rig in April 2018, the wall by the stove/adjacent to the refrigerator AND the wall behind the television in the bedroom had to be replaced, because they were obviously warped and bowed. After our initial shakedown cruise from Michigan to Lake Tahoe in June, we noted that the other bedroom wall (where the thermostat is mounted) had also warped. The dealer ordered a replacement, but it did not come in before our rig went into winter storage, so will be replaced in the spring.

Yesterday, we went to check on our rig in storage, and found that the underside of the cabinet over the sink/stove has warped! I’m posting photos of what we found. No sign of any leaks, and the particle board in the inside/bottom of this cabinet is still perfectly level.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	90087C11-7448-4B2F-A1D2-458A117193CD.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	14947   Click image for larger version

Name:	51D6A258-19BD-4A6F-8577-8EFD2928B116.png
Views:	116
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	14948