Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #1501

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #9915
do the liners do anything to reduce road noise?

Old 05-08-2020, 04:42 PM   #1502

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Ontario
THOR #14621
I didn’t notice much of a difference on noise as I am behind the firewall and above the tires. Then again that wasn’t my intention with these. I turn up the radio!

Someone else may have a take on that.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #1503

THOR #9915
Paul, I am looking to replace my lock set as well. I have as 2017, 23TR as well.
I was disappointed to look at RVLock's compatibility page and find the picture of my lock set there. Did you check that out? If yours is compatible, I wonder why your lock, same year and same model is different than mine. My lock set was made by trimark, somewhere in Iowa. If you have found a workaround I would appreciate some insight from your experience.
Don
Old 05-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #1504

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
Paul, I am looking to replace my lock set as well. I have as 2017, 23TR as well.
I was disappointed to look at RVLock's compatibility page and find the picture of my lock set there. Did you check that out? If yours is compatible, I wonder why your lock, same year and same model is different than mine. My lock set was made by trimark, somewhere in Iowa. If you have found a workaround I would appreciate some insight from your experience.
Don
Don,

Make sure you are looking at the RV Lock Class C/A and not the RV Lock V4.0 which is for towables.

The Class C/A lock we purchased was an a perfect fit. It bolted directly on where the old lock was with no alterations. The only issue I had was that I was going to replace the striker plate that comes with the lock but I could not remove the original striker plate on the Compass. It works and holds fine with no issues, I just wanted to put the nice shiny new powder coated black plate on in place of the unpainted plate that was originally installed by Thor.

I guess the ONLY issues we have is (1) you have to make sure the door is firmly closed or the motorized deadbolt will not seat. It does not have enough power to pull the door closed. Not an issue once you realize that. (2) You have to listen for the beep when pushing a button because sometimes it doesn't register if you haven't pushed hard enough. It is a solid push - not like how we have been spoiled with tactile touch screens.

The key fob works great and the lock mechanism has a shut off on the inside for when the coach is in storage and you will not be using the key fob (it saves battery life) - or if you lose the key fob

It has been great for us!

Here is another link to their website. It looks like they are back in stock.

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/c...oducts/class-c

Good Luck,

Paul
Old 05-15-2020, 02:49 PM   #1505

THOR #9915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul N View Post
Don,

Make sure you are looking at the RV Lock Class C/A and not the RV Lock V4.0 which is for towables.

The Class C/A lock we purchased was an a perfect fit. It bolted directly on where the old lock was with no alterations. The only issue I had was that I was going to replace the striker plate that comes with the lock but I could not remove the original striker plate on the Compass. It works and holds fine with no issues, I just wanted to put the nice shiny new powder coated black plate on in place of the unpainted plate that was originally installed by Thor.

I guess the ONLY issues we have is (1) you have to make sure the door is firmly closed or the motorized deadbolt will not seat. It does not have enough power to pull the door closed. Not an issue once you realize that. (2) You have to listen for the beep when pushing a button because sometimes it doesn't register if you haven't pushed hard enough. It is a solid push - not like how we have been spoiled with tactile touch screens.

The key fob works great and the lock mechanism has a shut off on the inside for when the coach is in storage and you will not be using the key fob (it saves battery life) - or if you lose the key fob

It has been great for us!

Here is another link to their website. It looks like they are back in stock.

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/c...oducts/class-c

Good Luck,

Paul
Thanks Paul,
Your response helped me figure out what is going on. It seems at some point during production Thor changed lock sets. Yours has a striker like your front door, mine has a catch and post like a car.
I contacted rvlock and so for everyone stuck with a trimark 030-0900, they are nearing production for a replacement!
Don
Old 05-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #1506

THOR #9752
Was not aware of that. Leave it to Thor.....

Paul
Old 05-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #1507

THOR #9752
Don,

I just looked up the trimark 030-0900. That is completely different. I wonder if they changed early in the production run or later? Our 23TR was the last one on the lot after the 2018's had arrived. We got a great deal

Of course that doesn't mean it was a later production.

Good Luck!
Old 05-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #1508

THOR #9752
Don - For what it's worth - I just looked at 2016 through 2018 Compass' and the lock must have changed from my version to your version in late 2017, The 2016's have my version and the 2018's have yours.

Now that that mystery has been solved, I can get back to work.

Paul
Old 05-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #1509

THOR #9915
Firestone "Ride-Rite" air bag helper

Has anyone out there tried the Firestone Ride-Rite air bag system?
I have a 2017 Gemini and have been looking for a good air bag system for some time.
First, does anyone know if it will work on a Gemini/Compass and if you are using one, how do you like it?
Don B.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:12 PM   #1510

State: California
THOR #6701
DonB,

Airbags are one thing I have not seen mentioned for the Gemini/Compass.

What are you trying to improve, ride , handling? That would be an interesting mod. Most have agreed Sumo Springs greatly improve handling but the ride may suffer ever so slightly. For us it was a good trade off.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #1511

THOR #9915
Air bags

Ride and handling both, plus small adjustments when leveling.
With water, fresh and waste, fuel load, etc. Always changing, it seems more adaptable than the sumo.
If I find it will work, and does what I think it should, I will report.
Don B
Old 05-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #1512
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #17642
Awning Tilting

Can someone tell me how to make the awning tilt down on one corner, and then get it to go back to flat? Seems this was done in my handover demonstration but now that I'm on the road by myself I can't figure it out.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:58 PM   #1513

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Can someone tell me how to make the awning tilt down on one corner, and then get it to go back to flat?
Old 05-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #1514
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #17642
Thanks Yukon! I'll try it when I get home!
Old 05-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #1515

State: Quebec
THOR #8496
A quick one here.
The Gemini (ou Compass) skyview are glass or plastic? I think they are plastic. Any of you experienced à diminish opacity of their skyview?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #1516

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
Hello Hugh,
Wondering if still looking for a Thor alternative?
I posted #1436 on page 72, what the Mountain States Thor Rep. told us.

Talked with a Thor Sales Rep., he said that both the Compass & Gemini for 2021 with the Ford drive train will now be 4 wheel drive, 2.7L EcoBoost V6-Gasoline, 325 HP, 400 Ft.Lb. Torque.
They are keeping the TW model and adding a TE (which will have the murphy bed design).
No more diesel!

We were told that the new 4WD model would be in Denver mid April but this virus thing changed all that as the Thor factory just open back up. So they are saying maybe mid July for this unit in Denver.
Just a FYI for you!
Old 05-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #1517

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanDS View Post
A quick one here.
The Gemini (ou Compass) skyview are glass or plastic? I think they are plastic. Any of you experienced à diminish opacity of their skyview?
Definitely glass, at least in the Gemini we had.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #1518

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
It`s definitely glass.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
PS Installing Carr running boards next week
Old 05-30-2020, 05:14 AM   #1519

Model: Gemini tw
State: Alberta
THOR #17351
They are glass. I got a rock chip in ours and had to get it replaced due to a crack right across the glass.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #1520

State: Quebec
THOR #8496
So glass it is. Checked on my Gemini 23TR 2018 and it is glass but a friend of mine owns a Compass 23TK 2019 and the skyview is tarnished and there seems to be a film covering it. The rv detailer Told her that it was the sun that had discolored it !!! He mentioned that it would take an acid-based product to restore clarity. The skylight is veiled and still looks dirty even after a good wash. Ever heard of this before?

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall